What's new

Indians, please check my travel Plan

to all indian members, if I want to buy the air and railway tickets in india, are there some reliable websites you can recommend?

well if you ask my experience, railways are a mess there. But one good thing was, they have a special ticket allocation thing for foreign passport holders. So as long as you know the schedule you can book the tickets like 24 hours in advance.

And don't be melted by those beggars pursuing you incessantly. And go try street food there if you have a strong stomach.

Kolkata ---------> Kalka Shimla ---------> Kulu Manali -------> Delhi ---------> Nainital---> Agra --------> Jaipur --------------> Kolkata

Do you think Any other City or place I need to include which wouldnt cost more days or Am i missing any great place??
Ohkay.. I am a passive member here on PDF. just logging in to help you, cause m from North India (Chandigarh ) myself, and an active traveller.

So, first of all, do bring warm clothes with you, cause places you mentioned have sub degree temp. these days.

Now, if you are going with family, your list is somewhat okay,,
but if you are alone or with frnds then these places gonna bore you.
So, accd to me ur plan should be..
IF WITH FAMILY >>> kolkata>> delhi >>chandigarh >> shimla (kufri is must, just 13 kms frm shimla )>> kullu manali>> dalhousie >>khajjiar ( called as the Mini Switzerland of India, really bful place, probably best, a must go ) >> Amritsar (you dont want to miss Golden Temple, seriously )>> Jodhpur >> Udaipur >>Ajmer (must go ) >>Jaipur>>Agra >>Delhi.

ALONE OR WITH FRNDS >>> kolkata >> delhi >> chandigarh >> shimla (kufri, NARKANDA )>> MCLEOD GANJ (called as little lhasa, tibetans in exile lives there, my fav place in himachal, A must go ) >>kullu >> kasol and parvati valley ( just 40 km from kullu, a heavenly place ) >> manali (rohtang iff the route is open and sohlang ) >> dalhousie >> khajjiar >> amritsar ( wagha border )>> jodhpur >>. udaipur >> ajmer >> jaipur >> agra >> delhi.

P.S. the places I added are just according to your plan. I have not made big changes. however these places are actually better then the overrated shimla manali.
And do keep in mind its really cold out here in hill stations with very frequent snowfall. plan accordingly.

Hope you have a nice trip.
\m/ peace out.

Kolkata ---------> Kalka Shimla ---------> Kulu Manali -------> Delhi ---------> Nainital---> Agra --------> Jaipur --------------> Kolkata

Do you think Any other City or place I need to include which wouldnt cost more days or Am i missing any great place??

why not mumbai and goa ?

Ohkay.. I am a passive member here on PDF. just logging in to help you, cause m from North India (Chandigarh ) myself, and an active traveller.

So, first of all, do bring warm clothes with you, cause places you mentioned have sub degree temp. these days.

Now, if you are going with family, your list is somewhat okay,,
but if you are alone or with frnds then these places gonna bore you.
So, accd to me ur plan should be..
IF WITH FAMILY >>> kolkata>> delhi >>chandigarh >> shimla (kufri is must, just 13 kms frm shimla )>> kullu manali>> dalhousie >>khajjiar ( called as the Mini Switzerland of India, really bful place, probably best, a must go ) >> Amritsar (you dont want to miss Golden Temple, seriously )>> Jodhpur >> Udaipur >>Ajmer (must go ) >>Jaipur>>Agra >>Delhi.

ALONE OR WITH FRNDS >>> kolkata >> delhi >> chandigarh >> shimla (kufri, NARKANDA )>> MCLEOD GANJ (called as little lhasa, tibetans in exile lives there, my fav place in himachal, A must go ) >>kullu >> kasol and parvati valley ( just 40 km from kullu, a heavenly place ) >> manali (rohtang iff the route is open and sohlang ) >> dalhousie >> khajjiar >> amritsar ( wagha border )>> jodhpur >>. udaipur >> ajmer >> jaipur >> agra >> delhi.

P.S. the places I added are just according to your plan. I have not made big changes. however these places are actually better then the overrated shimla manali.
And do keep in mind its really cold out here in hill stations with very frequent snowfall. plan accordingly.

Hope you have a nice trip.
\m/ peace out.
once a pdfian always a pdfian......now u will nvr be able to leave this site no matter how much u want to.....this site plays with ur mind :crazy:

why go to hill stations in winter? (simla/manali/nainital). Go to south India instead.

I would like to see the wild animals and jungles, are there any good national parks or the kind that you indian members could recommend? thanks in advance.

Raw head quarter ? so to see how RAWAMI parents look like :p:

I would like to see the wild animals and jungles, are there any good national parks or the kind that you indian members could recommend? thanks in advance.
Somebody already suggested corbett national park. But its very rare to see big animals(like tiger). Stay overnight in a lodge if you visit a national park.

well if you ask my experience, railways are a mess there. But one good thing was, they have a special ticket allocation thing for foreign passport holders. So as long as you know the schedule you can book the tickets like 24 hours in advance.

And don't be melted by those beggars pursuing you incessantly. And go try street food there if you have a strong stomach.
raiways is the best form of transport that India has got. You realize that when you travel in big countries that has no rail infra. Its just that we got too many people, so getting a seat requires you to plan at least 15 days ahead.

some of the best -

Jim Corbett National Park, Corbett National Park, Corbett Tour Packages

Gir Online Permit Booking System | Gir National Park Official Website

One Horned Rhino at Kaziranga|Great Indian One-Horned Rhinoceros

Ranthambore National Park Sawai Madhopur Rajasthan India

Valley of flowers Information about valley of flowers trek

looks like u were here a long time back.....as the system has gone online now...there is no problem regarding tickets anymore.

Might I suggest some innovative changes to your itinerary ? If you are an adventurist like myself :

Tirthan & Bir billing up in north. It's a superb place to do trek/trail and gliding and stuff. Went there like 2 years back.

I suggest these places to everyone going to India !

No visiting Pakistan ? :cry:

I thought we were Brothers ! :cray:

Missing out on South India???

You need to check places many others haven't seen, like the fort of Chittorgarh, or the Dilwara Jain temples at Mount Abu in Rajasthan, famous for their intricate beauty, or the Chaturbhuj Vishnu temple in Gwalior, famous for having the first ever inscription of zero. Or at least the beaches of Kerala, and cosmopolitan culture of Goa, even if not all that, Khajuraho is a must (only if you are young, if you are old, avoiding it becomes a must). :D

If you are a Hindu then don't leave without visiting Tirupati, Konark, and Madurai.

Tirupati:

Sripuram_goldenTemple.jpg

Konark:

suntemple_konark.jpeg

Madurai:

Gopuram%28Gateway_Tower%29_of_Madurai_Meenakshi_Temple.JPG

madurai_temples.jpg

No visiting Pakistan ? :cry:

I thought we were Brothers ! :cray:

What brother ? I am the suggestion giver here not the traveller.

However, I have travelled to pakistan as well. I don't remember those places. One was muri, hanza and there was one polo ground as well somewhere and ofc lahore cabubs *smacks lips*

Actually I am pretty well travelled. You can ask me itinerary for places like paraguay and bolivia as well :D

What brother ?

We are not brothers ? :cry:

I am the suggestion giver here not the traveller.

However, I have travelled to pakistan as well. I don't remember those places. One was muri, hanza and there was one polo ground as well somewhere and ofc lahore cabubs *smacks lips*

Actually I am pretty well travelled. You can ask me itinerary for places like paraguay and bolivia as well :D

I've always wanted to visit Latin America; I hear that Brazilian ladies are very pretty ! :ashamed:

Ah ! Well I did call you brother !

More than Brazilians I love the chicks from costa rica and venezuela. Have met some absolutely stunning chicks from those countries.

My spidey senses tell me you may have visited Jaco in Costa Rica? :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom