What's new

Indians, please check my travel Plan

it maybe, but I only went jaipur before and also like to visit the white, blue and golden city in the future. do you have any idea that there is flight to one of those cities from Dehli or kolkata?
Both Delhi and Kolkata have direct flights to jaipur. But do not book on SpiceJet, that airline will cease its operations very soon.

There is nothing in shimla. Dont waste ur time there. Instead visit more places in rajasthan. Have fun..

I plan to visit with my wife. so hope the journey is not so tough. besides, the relatively popular one would make me more comfortable although I already had extensive experience in traveling india. I am a fan of india and already been there twice before.
I will advice you to take some package tour if you plan to visit a national park with wife, they will take care of logistics and also security (security wise I consider indian cities to be more dangerous than countryside/forest/national parks)

Ohkay.. I am a passive member here on PDF. just logging in to help you, cause m from North India (Chandigarh ) myself, and an active traveller.

So, first of all, do bring warm clothes with you, cause places you mentioned have sub degree temp. these days.

Now, if you are going with family, your list is somewhat okay,,
but if you are alone or with frnds then these places gonna bore you.
So, accd to me ur plan should be..
IF WITH FAMILY >>> kolkata>> delhi >>chandigarh >> shimla (kufri is must, just 13 kms frm shimla )>> kullu manali>> dalhousie >>khajjiar ( called as the Mini Switzerland of India, really bful place, probably best, a must go ) >> Amritsar (you dont want to miss Golden Temple, seriously )>> Jodhpur >> Udaipur >>Ajmer (must go ) >>Jaipur>>Agra >>Delhi.

ALONE OR WITH FRNDS >>> kolkata >> delhi >> chandigarh >> shimla (kufri, NARKANDA )>> MCLEOD GANJ (called as little lhasa, tibetans in exile lives there, my fav place in himachal, A must go ) >>kullu >> kasol and parvati valley ( just 40 km from kullu, a heavenly place ) >> manali (rohtang iff the route is open and sohlang ) >> dalhousie >> khajjiar >> amritsar ( wagha border )>> jodhpur >>. udaipur >> ajmer >> jaipur >> agra >> delhi.

P.S. the places I added are just according to your plan. I have not made big changes. however these places are actually better then the overrated shimla manali.
And do keep in mind its really cold out here in hill stations with very frequent snowfall. plan accordingly.

Hope you have a nice trip.
\m/ peace out.
That's nice to know someone from north. Can you please help me in travel plan in Himachal Pradesh(honeymoon). Will start on 15th may next year most probably. Marriage date is 9th may 2015. Thanks.

Especially a integrated offer package. I have gone through many travel sites but not getting clear information. Total days 5-7. It should include sometime in snowy areas as it will be too hot in that time.

Kolkata ---------> Kalka Shimla ---------> Kulu Manali -------> Delhi ---------> Nainital---> Agra --------> Jaipur --------------> Kolkata

Do you think Any other City or place I need to include which wouldnt cost more days or Am i missing any great place??

You are missing lots of great places!! :D India is a big and diverse country, each of the states have enough great things that would require at least 15-20 days of tour in each of our states, most Indians don't see most of the great places of India in their entire lifetime. :)

to all indian members, if I want to buy the air and railway tickets in india, are there some reliable websites you can recommend? @Echo_419? @he-man

These are the most reputed travel sites in India:

Cleartrip | Flights, Hotels, Packages, Buses, Trains (My preference)

MakeMyTrip, India's No 1 Travel Site | Book Flights, Hotels, Holiday Packages & Bus Tickets

Flight, Cheap Air Tickets , Hotels, Holiday, Trains Package Booking - Yatra.com

You can also book tickets directly from the airline's websites after checking dates and prices in the above sites!! :)

Indian Railway has it's own ticket booking site : IRCTC Next Generation eTicketing System , but you can also book train tickets from the above mentioned sites in case the IRCTC site is down with overload (Government website, not very well-maintained). We generally have long waiting lists for train tickets.

For bus tickets you can check Online Bus Ticket Booking, Book Volvo AC Bus Tickets, Reservation - Bus Service @ redBus™ .

Happy journey!! :)

In my opinion, Latin America in general is not backpacker friendly...
Mainly because of the language barrier...unless you're fluent in Spanish (which is a degree away from Portuguese so you can use in Brazil as well)
Its not terribly expensive, but its not cheap to travel there either, esp getting there...

Next it depends on what you wanna do...
Say for instance, if you would like to travel/trek up to Machu Pichu, its a hot destination...is costly because you can't do it by yourself, hence need to go through a pre-planned travel package which gets heavy..
On the other hand, if you are brave and can deal with adversity, Latin America has some of the best gems for travel anywhere..but requires immense planning..you can't just play it by ear..
I myself have contemplated a "Motorcycle Diaries" ish trip, but not sure if its realistic for me...

Personally, I have not backpacked in Latin America...I went the blow your cash and "sell your chaddis" route when I visited down there...which to me is safer and equally fun!

What all places have you explored there ? I have seen a bit of bolivia/Dominican republic and Guatemala.

I don't want to burn my pockets or travel on credit. So places like cayman islands are out of the book.

There is nothing in shimla. Dont waste ur time there. Instead visit more places in rajasthan. Have fun..

Are you telling me that it isn't true that every Sunday @SarthakGanguly @Dillinger and @BDforever give a belly dancing performance in Simla on the exact spot where the Simla Agreement was signed ? :o:

I must've misheard then ! :oops:

Yes North part is popular. But south part is equally amazing.
as India is not far from bd and visa is dirt cheap, I think he should have first trip in popular northern India and then explore south later.

as India is not far from bd and visa is dirt cheap, I think he should have first trip in popular northern India and then explore south later.

Yes Bangladeshis will like to visit north. As we have many histories related to those areas.

raiways is the best form of transport that India has got. You realize that when you travel in big countries that has no rail infra. Its just that we got too many people, so getting a seat requires you to plan at least 15 days ahead.
Not exactly,there is a foreigner quota available and all you have to do is show them your passaport and the date of arrival they will give you a train ticket right away.
Railway booking is much easier nowadays everything is done online and its all e-tickets nowadays.
You book online and provide id proof in the train that it was you who booked the ticket and you are done.

That's nice to know someone from north. Can you please help me in travel plan in Himachal Pradesh(honeymoon). Will start on 15th may next year most probably. Marriage date is 9th may 2015. Thanks.

Especially a integrated offer package. I have gone through many travel sites but not getting clear information. Total days 5-7. It should include sometime in snowy areas as it will be too hot in that time.

frst of all cngrats mate !!

And for your plans, Manali and Shimla are most famous honeymoon destinations in himachal. But they are wayyyyy to crowded. These places are always flooded with tourist.
according to me Dalhousie is the best honeymoon location in himachal. beautiful place, not so crowded. khajjiar and chamba nearby towns. both are scerenic places.
I have been to every town city in himachal, so i am telling you on my experience. but still make an informed decision according to your plans.
\m/ peace out.

Back
Top Bottom