What's new

Indians from India en masse on Social Media Celebrate PIA Passenger Airplane Crash in Pakistan!

Imagine a rich friend inviting all his middle-class mates to a party. He has good family, is well-connected, very educated, has a beautiful hot girlfriend. Lots of money. Of course, the have-not's are going to resent his success at what they call "unearned privileges." Now if another guy shows up at the party who used to be one of these plebs, but is secretly backed by rich friends. He looks and talks just like the plebs do. So obviously he will be more popular.

That is why in older times, people used to only mix according to their social class. The gentry would only hang out with their fellow landowners.
So in essence it's the class divide that has made the ordinary Indians look up to Modi but what exactly changed for them? They remained under privileged? I think Bollywood to some extent may have played role in creating this divide. Hot girls, fancy cars, modi capitalized.

So in essence it's the class divide that has made the ordinary Indians look up to Modi but what exactly changed for them? They remained under privileged? I think Bollywood to some extent may have played role in creating this divide. Hot girls, fancy cars, modi capitalized.
I don't think his explanations cut the mark, just a deluded attempt.

Nothing. Don't you like to wave a stick at someone more wealthier and privileged than you? Probably not if you accept that class inequalities exist for a reason. The lower classes just had an inferior upbringing.

And by class, I don't necessarily mean wealth. Many rich people are classless buffoons.

The Gandhi family have an illustrious pedigree. They have sacrificed a lot for the nation. But today's generation of Indians are thankless.

Read this if genuinely interested, some arguments are good while others are just not-so-good generalisation.

Nothing. Don't you like to wave a stick at someone more wealthier and privileged than you? Probably not if you accept that class inequalities exist for a reason. The lower classes just had an inferior upbringing.

And by class, I don't necessarily mean wealth. Many rich people are classless buffoons.

The Gandhi family have an illustrious pedigree. They have sacrificed a lot for the nation. But today's generation of Indians are thankless.
You're the reason why people hates Congress.

Read this if genuinely interested, some arguments are good while others are just not-so-good generalisation.

You're the reason why people hates Congress.

LOL, as a dog-lover, I would prefer a GREAT DANE/ALSATIAN or other high breed over a stray.

Unfortunately most Indians think differently, and would prefer the stray that lacks a pedigree. That is why there is such a stray animal problem in India.

Just random thoughts.:woot:

On balance folks, I have been all over many news sites regarding today's news and seen plenty of Indians expressing their condolences and prayers.
The type you see celebrating having seen their profile pictures tend to be little girly men, never had a girlfriend types. All that angst has to be let out on Twitter.

On balance folks, I have been all over many news sites regarding today's news and seen plenty of Indians expressing their condolences and prayers.
The type you see celebrating having seen their profile pictures tend to be little girly men, never had a girlfriend types. All that angst has to be let on Twitter.

That is why you're my favorite moderator. You understand the complicated problems in exact detail. Main kayal ho gaya aap ka.

Easy solution. Stop looking at indians as humans. Time after time, they have shown zero empathy to human life. They cheer when Kashmirs get killed. Their army uses civilians as human shield. They celebrate death of any civilian that is not indian.
I will be careful not to paint entire Indian nation of billion people as shameless trolls

that is like putting decent indians among RSS internet lowlifes and giving them legitimacy of representing India

that said

should I be surprised if Twitter diesnt censor such trolling comment and instead bans Pakistanis who call them out?

I am genuinely interested to the extent of understanding what makes Indians look up to Modi. Nothing beyond. Usually I don't get into lengthy arguments with many Indians apart from few like Joe but shantanu made some interesting remarks which got me interested which of course you disagree with.

The type you see celebrating having seen their profile pictures tend to be little girly men, never had a girlfriend types. All that angst has to be let out on Twitter.

I believe the new term for such types is "Incels". An acronym for "Involuntary Celebates". Males who can't women as they have feminine physical attributes and are losers too.

I believe the new term for such types is "Incels". An acronym for "Involuntary Celebates". Males who can't women as they have feminine physical attributes and are losers too.

Check out their profile pics bro and you'll understand everything. They'll never amount to anything in real life and wouldn't utter a word in public. But then that's trolls in general.

Let this be a lesson for the kanjar brigade of Pakistan. Also Cyril & Slaman Haider supposedly commenting based on their track record.

Imagine a rich friend inviting all his middle-class mates to a party. He has good family, is well-connected, very educated, has a beautiful hot girlfriend. Lots of money. Of course, the have-not's are going to resent his success at what they call "unearned privileges." Now if another guy shows up at the party who used to be one of these plebs, but is secretly backed by rich friends. He looks and talks just like the plebs do. So obviously he will be more popular.

That is why in older times, people used to only mix according to their social class. The gentry would only hang out with their fellow landowners.

All BS. You should ask yourself a simple question. Would these people have voted for Modi if he had had not killed Muslims in 2002?

Everything else is your basic morality trying to make sense of an immoral society.

Amongst the 10 billion Indians out there, there are truely some with basic manners who don't hate monotheistic religions. I know some nice Indian guys here in Munich (Sikhs and Hindus). But they are just anecdotal evidence and a tiny educated minority not worth mentioning in this discussion.

But the problem is the majority with internet access tells another story. And some are just out there for virtue signalling. I checked social media comments few hours ago and even saw a comment of an Indian I knew from university time I helped finding an internship liking an article about the crash with a "Smile" emoji on Facebook.

Hinduism and Islam are not compatible. This Hindu-Muslim Bhai Bhai BS is a toxic leftist pipe dream. Peace can only be reached if we don't interfere in each others matters. Be nice to your Muslim population and don't demand from them to become Semi Hindus. And stick to your way of life and we stick to ours.

The smile emoji thing means nothing at all. You can go to any news page on Facebook, for example, times of india or Dawn. For the saddest piece of news, you will have hundreds of people having these smile emojis. All these emojis were introduced maybe 1-2 years ago, so many of the infrequent facebook users are still used to there only being a "like" button. Most of these people who use such emojis on sad news items are just infrequent facebook users/not well educated village people who either have no clue that these emojis mean something different than "like" or are mobile users who have clicked it by mistake(on phone, all those symbols are extremely close together).

I am just looking at the Dawn facebook page right now. There was a news item posted 3 hours ago about the coronavirus deaths in Pakistan. Hundreds of Pakistanis have clicked the "smilie" button. Are you suggesting that all these are bad people celebrating these deaths? No, most likely they are village people with no idea what this means or mobile users who have clicked it by mistake. Yes, of course, there will also be people who have done it deliberately knowing fully well what they were doing.

Back
Top Bottom