What's new

Indian thieves hit Pakistani traders

Shoplifters and thieves are reported to have struck the recent Aalishan Pakistan trade fair at Pragati Maidan, making off with expensive designer clothing. Police sources said on Friday that on September 14, the last day of the fair, three FIRs were registered by participating Pakistani traders in connection with the theft of clothes brought by them.

In the three cases, two women from Shahdara and a man from Trilokpuri are alleged to have been caught at the scene by the Pakistani traders, who had set up their stalls in Hall Number 18. In the first case, a Lahore resident reports that a woman walked into his stalls (numbers 8 and 9) around 4 pm and allegedly stole six pieces of expensive clothing. The woman, named Sapna, who says she lives in Trilokpuri, was caught by other shopkeepers and later handed over to the police.

Thousands of people visit each stall so one has to be alert. They can have their own staff look out for those who are trying to take advantage of the chaos.
On September 14 again, a complaint was lodged by a Karachi trader, who said that a woman bought clothes from his shop and fled without paying. The woman was later identified as one Nirmal Kaur of Shahdara. She was caught by shopkeepers and visitors after a chase inside the venue. The police recovered from Kaur’s possession some expensive clothes of continued on page other brands as well. Kaur told the police that she did not remember where she had stolen the other dresses from.

At the same stall, a little later, there was said to be another theft. A man was found to be in possession of several pieces of clothing from different Pakistani brands. One of the traders asked him to present bills of purchase, which he failed to show. He later admitted he had stolen the goods. The accused was identified as one Vikas from Shahdara.

SBS Tyagi, New Delhi’s additional commissioner of police, said the police had received no complaint from the organisers or the Indian Trade Promotion Organisation regarding the alleged cases of theft.

A senior police officer, who didn’t wish to be named, said, “Thousands of people visit each stall so one has to be alert. They can have their own staff look out for those who are trying to take advantage of the chaos.”

“I had no knowledge of these FIRs. I too had a stall at the exhibition and, while security was okay, it could have been tighter. I do know that designer Huma Adnan of label FNKAsia lost jewellery pieces,” said Sanam Chaudhri, chairperson of Fashion Pakistan, one of the organisers of Aalishan Pakistan.

Huma Adnan of Karachi-based label FNKAsia admitted she suffered losses at the exhibition. “A black, Kutch-inspired anklet worth Rs 15,000 went missing on the second day of the exhibition, she said. “I wanted to file an FIR but didn’t.”

Adnan, whose collection was well-received, added: “From next time, we hope better arrangements will be made. They continued…

3 Pakistan traders report theft at clothing exhibition | The Indian Express

Hey - just like terrorists have no nationality or religion, thieves also have no nationality or religion. Imagine how outraged you feel when someone says 'Islamic terrorist' or 'Pakistani terrorist'... Do unto others...

Hey - just like terrorists have no nationality or religion, thieves also have no nationality or religion. Imagine how outraged you feel when someone says 'Islamic terrorist' or 'Pakistani terrorist'... Do unto others...
It's not as if the term terrorists is not generalised by none other than Indians, quite frequently on this very forum and in any case, we are only discussing an incident not overall menace of theft and robberies, the crown of which in any case does go to the Indians.

The world's biggest shoplifters; India ranks No. 1! - Rediff.com Business

If Indians CEO's can steal (Rajat Gupta :D ) then what can you expect from locals..80% Indians don't even have access to toilets and here they are trying to buy expensive designer clothes :D

If Indians CEO's can steal (Rajat Gupta :D ) then what can you expect from locals..80% Indians don't even have access to toilets and here they are trying to buy expensive designer clothes :D
yea so that they will wipe the shit from "pakistani designer clothes"!!!! :lol: :sarcastic:

It is not theft. ISI planted and bugged these jewelry/clothes. Now ISI has got eyes and ears inside India.

One pakistani exhibition got nicked in a city that is famous for it, and the pak members here are having a good time :lol:
maybe we should not allow paks to come here. that should solve all issues

But last I remembered no Pakistani thought of robbing on an International Exhibition by Indians unlike you guys ! :bunny:

thats because there are hardly any indian buisnesses in pakistan. imagine a fashion show in your country without the participants getting bombed or something

One pakistani exhibition got nicked in a city that is famous for it, and the pak members here are having a good time :lol:
maybe we should not allow paks to come here. that should solve all issues

thats because there are hardly any indian buisnesses in pakistan. imagine a fashion show in your country without the participants getting bombed or something
Karachi Fashion Week 2013-14 | Facebook ? You probably cannot afford to go to such shows anyway.

It's not as if the term terrorists is not generalised by none other than Indians, quite frequently on this very forum and in any case, we are only discussing an incident not overall menace of theft and robberies, the crown of which in any case does go to the Indians.

The world's biggest shoplifters; India ranks No. 1! - Rediff.com Business

I'll not do a Google search on 'Pakistan + terrorism' or 'Pakistan failed state' or 'Pakistan suicide bombing' and post the links which are sure to come up. I don't dislike your country or your people. The title you choose for your thread already show you for what you are and what feelings you carry - can't blame you for acting the way you have been trained to.

The title of this thread is 'Indian thieves hit Pakistani traders' - and I can see the hate flowing through in assorted comments. Just try to visualize for a moment a thread saying 'Pakistani terrorists shoot polio workers' or 'Pakistani terrorists blow up girls school' - common enough incidents and the number of responses that come about saying 'terrorists have no religion'. So you hate it when people generalize about your religion/country based on multiple incidents of terror but don't hesitate to do it when it comes to other nationalities/faiths. You are definitely a good citizen and a great asset to your society. Do have a great life ahead, I have nothing else to say.

Back
Top Bottom