What's new

Indian Spy Satellites

Communication-Centric Intelligence Satellite (CCI-Sat)

Communication-Centric Intelligence Satellite is an Indian advanced reconnaissance (spy) satellite, being developed by the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO). It will be India's first officially declared spy satellite and according to ISRO it should be in the sky by 2014. This satellite will help Indian intelligence agencies to significantly boost surveillance of terror camps in neighboring countries.
The CCI-Sat will be able to capture images, eaves drop on communication (for example, a conversation between two satellite phones) and surveillance. It will be equipped with synthetic aperture radar to take high resolution images of the target region. The cost of the satellite is expected to be around INR 100 crore (around USD 25 million). ISRO will contribute towards the satellite's design and development and DERL will be responsible for the payload.
According to the Director of Defence Electronics Research Laboratory (DERL), Mr G Bhoopathy, the CCI-Sat would orbit the Earth at an altitude of 500 km and would cover hostile regions in India neighborhood by passing on the surveillance data to the intelligence agencies. He also added that now greater focus was on space and that equipping for electronic warfare from space was a major goal of the government.
The CCI-Sat, unlike earlier satellites like the TES (Technology Experiment Satellite), CartoSat series and the RISAT-2, will be used only for intelligence related work. And according to G Bhoopathy, the CCI-Sat will be much better and more advanced than the RISAT-2 which is currently the most advanced imaging satellite with India.
This Satellite will also be a test bed for fielding ASAT & killer Sat countermeasure technology . Similar in line with Cartosats the satellite can be steered up to high degrees along as well as across the track and will an agile platform fielding cutting edge technology developed from experiences gained by fielding India’s remote sensing & TES satellites.

A Qustion to all senior INDIAN MEMBERS

CAN SPY SATTELITES LIKE CARTOSAT 2B OR RISAT 2 CAN MAKE VIDEOS OR NOT. aND IF THEY CAN , THE VIDEO WILL BE HAVING
RESOLUTION EQUAL TO HIGHEST IMAGERY RESOLUTION TAKEN BY THOSE SATTELITES OR NOT .

VERY VERY THANKS IN ADVANCE.:cheers::smitten::D

As many other senior members replied, NO, they can't because they are either at polar orbits and low earth orbits. So they just pass over a specific area, when passing they take pictures.

lil_leo.gif

Yes, video can be made but you will be able to see a location for less than a second as the satellite is continuously moving around the earth at very high speed. Just like you look at the earth from a chopper or airplane.

Only geostationary satellites (usually used for communication, DTH services etc) can point on specific area for very long time but it is 36000 km away from earth's surface. So it needs high end technologies for developing such geostationary high resolution imaging satellite and the good news is India is working on such project. :smokin:

Geostationary_Sat_fig1.gif

Another option could be network of large number of low, polar or middle earth orbit satellites but don't know whether its possible or not.

what india needs is a dedicated military high resolution satellite which can continuously track across the border movement.
it would be very benificiary to our armed forces for counterterrorism ops as well as in case of a pre-emptive strike.
i Have full faith in isro,that they will launch it by 2012.
gud luck

india should join friends and exchange info with buddies so that even with less satellatie there willl m0re time coverage

I am going to stop taking a shhitt in the open field since the satellite can hear my farts. Sorry guys have to watch my back.

I am going to stop taking a shhitt in the open field since the satellite can hear my farts. Sorry guys have to watch my back.
Sorry Buddy,But not even single Indian satellite can hear u fart..we don't have that tech yet..
Does Paksat-1R have that tech....????
Maybe be we r behind in Satellite Tech...
But we'll try our level best to achieve that tech...:smitten:

As many other senior members replied, NO, they can't because they are either at polar orbits and low earth orbits. So they just pass over a specific area, when passing they take pictures.

lil_leo.gif

Yes, video can be made but you will be able to see a location for less than a second as the satellite is continuously moving around the earth at very high speed. Just like you look at the earth from a chopper or airplane.

Only geostationary satellites (usually used for communication, DTH services etc) can point on specific area for very long time but it is 36000 km away from earth's surface. So it needs high end technologies for developing such geostationary high resolution imaging satellite and the good news is India is working on such project. :smokin:

Geostationary_Sat_fig1.gif

Another option could be network of large number of low, polar or middle earth orbit satellites but don't know whether its possible or not.

very -very thanks for your answer SIR

what india needs is a dedicated military high resolution satellite which can continuously track across the border movement.
it would be very benificiary to our armed forces for counterterrorism ops as well as in case of a pre-emptive strike.
i Have full faith in isro,that they will launch it by 2012.
gud luck

not just 1 brother, atleast 6 operating

3 for Asia one for Europe, one for USA and one for Australia. Plus we need to have a few back up satellites on ground or in space, because 2 countries have ASAT technologies with them and we are the upcoming 3rd. Its gonna take at least 7-10 years to achieve this number I guess.

Rest are communication and research satellites, we can send as many as we want.

spy satellites that have to be launched by using Russian engines powered rockets?

when it come to space technology, india is not even remotely considered as "strong".

just like Arjun will be made combat ready.
LCA will be enlisted.

tell me why there is a 40 years gap between China and india in terms of those engines?

btw, as we all know, rocket engines are still easy to build, as you only use it for a couple of hours maximum. fighter engines are far difficult. as of today, all your fighters in the airforce are flying with foreign engines and those engines have to be maintained by foreigners.

what a huge load of joke.

just like Arjun will be made combat ready.
LCA will be enlisted.

tell me why there is a 40 years gap between China and india in terms of those engines?

btw, as we all know, rocket engines are still easy to build, as you only use it for a couple of hours maximum. fighter engines are far difficult. as of today, all your fighters in the airforce are flying with foreign engines and those engines have to be maintained by foreigners.

what a huge load of joke.

oops 40 years gap dude even after copying, stealing and doing all other cheap tricks china still doesn't have a flight worthy engine .your ws 13 is still being tested same as kaveri .

Back
Top Bottom