Love is in the air :D

Lovely Bangalore!!! The city of Love. Had a good time there. :smitten:

Most advanced spy satellite from India... RISAT-2

ISRO-RISAT2.jpg

RISAT-1 will follow next year....
i-i09-03-078risat1.jpg

RISAT_Auto9.jpeg

Last edited:
So indian satellites can image any part of the world with high end quality images...!
Coooool

Lovely Bangalore!!! The city of Love. Had a good time there. :smitten:

looks like you had too much of a good time.:P Just thank your lucky stars (and gubbi's) that they had not launched this satellite while you were having a good time. Imagine if the girl's dad worked in ISRO. Keeping an eye on the daughter might not turn out to be much fun for the guys concerned. A very,very big "BigBoss" show might be happening without anyone knowing about it.:lol:

In which case, it might not only be love that ends up in the air........:D

looks like you had too much of a good time.:P Just thank your lucky stars (and gubbi's) that they had not launched this satellite while you were having a good time. Imagine if the girl's dad worked in ISRO. Keeping an eye on the daughter might not turn out to be much fun for the guys concerned. A very,very big "BigBoss" show might be happening without anyone knowing about it.:lol:

:rofl: Its not like I didn't think about that, they had TES another spy satellite at that time. But relaxed when heard that her father just have a flour mill in Himachal!!! lol But most of the engineering students had such lovely 'experiences' in Bangalore, you will agree with me.

I was lucky one. ;)

If I am not wrong here, that is the picture of the Majestic Area of Bangalore!! That semicircular structure in the center is the majestic Bus Stand of Bangalore!

Ha! remember having spent so much time there waiting for my then GF and now the Mrs. Things never change :)

were u air borne while u were waiting like neo in matrix... LOL good to see lot of bengaluru boys................ Bengaluru Rockx

ROFL! My girl's dad works for the IAF. So being grounded, literally, was the best option then! Below the radar, invisible to the eye! :partay:

Dunno if a repost, but good read none the less

Can Spy Satellites read your Car Number Plate?

Since time immemorial(not really), people have been fascinated by spy satellites. Everybody wonders what they do and what sort of new information do governments have on each other. One of the most reliable sources of intelligence has always been Imagery Intelligence, from Aerial Intelligence to Imagery gathered using Satellites. From the days of Hot Air Balloons taking pictures, to the day of the U-2 and Sr-71 to the days of KH-11 and today’s era of high resolution commercial satellites, spy imaging has been a great asset for all governments.

A nearly universal myth tells the story of US and Russian Spy Satellites being able to read car number plates and the headlines of newspapers being held on a sidewalk clearly, but is that true? Here is the truth.

Rayleigh’s Criterion gives us the highest possible resolution for an optical device with a circular aperture. It is expressed as follows :

fd83540e22140c050d0de6c139415bf1.png

As explained clearly by me on Wikipedia, the Hubble Space Telescope has a Diameter of 2.4m. Hubble being one of the biggest bad-*** satellites ever launched should be able to see my car plate if it can see a galaxy a gazillion miles away. Mathematically, the highest possible resolution for Hubble comes out to be around 16cm which is around 6.3 inches or half a foot. Now that is good enough to spot a car and a building in detail but not good enough to read a newspaper headline.

Modern day spy satellites have highest resolutions around 10cm and even that is not enough to read a newspaper headline. The Federation of American Scientists explain:

read0.1.jpg

Resolution of 0.1cm - not possible in today's satellite technology

read-1.gif

Resolution of 1cm

read3.gif

Resolution of 3cm

read10.gif

Resolution of 10cm - That of today's Spy Satellites

As clearly demonstrated above, a spy satellite can neither read your car plate or the newspaper headlines. Rest assured, the stories of Mao and Stalin being delivered chilling images of the US’s superior spy imaging capabilities will continue to be spread for generations.

Refer to FAS’s IMINT 101 for a quick lesson in Satellite Resolution and remember to take a look at famous galleries.

Lol. Spending a lot of time waiting you get accustomed to the area around you. Plus it was walking distance (in Indian terms) from the college I went to. Then when I joined IISc, the Majestic was the point from I had to pass through to go meet friends. I knew the area, then, like the back of my hand. That and the MG road area! IIRC, when in college, I spent more time in those areas than in classes!!

ur not alone my frnd.............. half the bangalore is near MG's forum's garuda com street n so forth

A Qustion to all senior INDIAN MEMBERS

CAN SPY SATTELITES LIKE CARTOSAT 2B OR RISAT 2 CAN MAKE VIDEOS OR NOT. aND IF THEY CAN , THE VIDEO WILL BE HAVING
RESOLUTION EQUAL TO HIGHEST IMAGERY RESOLUTION TAKEN BY THOSE SATTELITES OR NOT .

VERY VERY THANKS IN ADVANCE.:cheers::smitten::D

To the best of My Knowledge, I dont think these Sats were equipped with Video Camera.

A Qustion to all senior INDIAN MEMBERS

CAN SPY SATTELITES LIKE CARTOSAT 2B OR RISAT 2 CAN MAKE VIDEOS OR NOT. aND IF THEY CAN , THE VIDEO WILL BE HAVING
RESOLUTION EQUAL TO HIGHEST IMAGERY RESOLUTION TAKEN BY THOSE SATTELITES OR NOT .

VERY VERY THANKS IN ADVANCE.:cheers::smitten::D

in theory its pausable but practically it will take time and not an impossible task

Back
Top Bottom