What's new

Indian Spy Satellites

before that we have to witness a huge milestone when GSLV with Indian cryo engines lifts off.
Its scheduled on april 15.

ya man it going to launch April 15 and count down going to start probably april 7:cheers:

Thanks Pralay...
I'll be making one thread a day in 'Feel India' series.

Stay tuned.

A larger no of satellites with reduced 'revisit' time are needed to keep a track on such activities, in a particular area for 24hrs.

Besides, these present satellites not under direct military control.

Excellent super-duper thread bro! With lots of info. I would like to add something from mine....

Imagery satellites:

Oceansat-1, Oceansat-2, TES, CARTOSAT-1, CARTOSAT-2, CARTOSAT-2A, RISAT-2 and SRE-1 all of them have military applictaions. Among them CARTOSAT-1 is capable of generating 3D image of an area, while CARTOSAT-2A has a resolution of 0.8 m, Oceansats can detect ships and submarines, RISATs is a all weather day and night reconn satellites.

Forthcoming Indian spy satellites (in terms of capability)....

CARTOSAT-2B: A copy of CARTOSAT-2A with 0.8 m resolution.

CARTOSAT-2C and CARTOSAT-2D: These are multi-resolution satellites. Will produce better quality image than previous CARTOSAT-2 series with 0.8 m. Also has a 5 m Mx camera.

CARTOSAT-3A and CARTOSAT-3B: Very high resolution imagery with 0.3 m and covers wider area. They can also produce infrared image which can be used to track missiles and aircrafts. It has three cameras.

HR-IMS: High resolution Indian mini satellite. Much smaller than CARTOSATs but can produce 0.78 m resolution images.

SARAL: It has a X-band sub meter resolution SAR payload.

RISAT-1: Wide area high resolution multi-mode C-band Synthetic-aperture radar (SAR).

DMSAR: High resolution SAR imagery for disaster management.

GeoHR: High resolution electro-optical satellite for geostationary orbit. It can focus on a specific area for 24x7.

Way to go India! :yahoo:

Last edited:
you need to stop living in an American movie. bharat-rakshak is a jingoistic website inhabited by people who know little to nothing about pretty much anything. If i were you, I would take anything linked off that site with a hand full of salt.

Your obsession with a forum named Bharat rakshak is amazing.. first HAL thread and now this...

Seriously tell me did you recently got banned from BRF or its your usual way..

thanks for that info kinetic...like u n me... All indians are proud of isro.

and the INSAT satellites are also to be lauched.. Most importantly we are going in a new era...

1. Using our own cryo engine
2. Launching Four ton payload cpable GSLV III.
3. Manned Mission
4. Chandrayaan 2

All this in the span of just 5 years from now.
And its only the beginning.

Jai Ho.

Are the cameras that are on the IRS satellites Indian made or imported. Also is India working on developing any super high resoulution cameras

Are the cameras that are on the IRS satellites Indian made or imported. Also is India working on developing any super high resoulution cameras

First: Yes. They are all developed by India. No country give such hi-tech sensitive technology to others. Though some of the COTS components of these satellites were bought from Indian and foreign companies.

Second: How much you consider as 'super high resolution'? New CARTOSAT-3 series will have 0.3 m resolution and higher resolution SAR satellites also under way.

thanks for that info kinetic...like u n me... All indians are proud of isro.

and the INSAT satellites are also to be lauched.. Most importantly we are going in a new era...

1. Using our own cryo engine
2. Launching Four ton payload cpable GSLV III.
3. Manned Mission
4. Chandrayaan 2

All this in the span of just 5 years from now.
And its only the beginning.

Jai Ho.

I know this might sound stupid. But I have got to say this.

When every you mention a name of a country (especially ours) please use Caps for the first alphabet. It irks me. Sry Bud.

Otherwise, Hooray for the posting. How about changing 'Feel The Dominance' to 'Fear The Dominance' ;)

I know this might sound stupid. But I have got to say this.

When every you mention a name of a country (especially ours) please use Caps for the first alphabet. It irks me. Sry Bud.

Otherwise, Hooray for the posting. How about changing 'Feel The Dominance' to 'Fear The Dominance' ;)

When i reply on my e71 i often do the mistake. Thanks for the correction.

Fear The Dominance=Troll Invitation.

India's GSLV rocket, powered by home-made cryogenic engine for the first time, would be launched on April 15 from Sriharikota to place into orbit GSAT-4 experimental satellite.

The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) also fixed May 5 as the date for the launch of the Cartosat-2B by Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV).The mission readiness review conducted by ISRO at Sriharikota yesterday finalised the dates, and gave the go-ahead for the two launches, sources in the space agency told reporters.

The GSLV would be powered by home-made cryogenic engine for the first time. Previous GSLV flights were fitted with Russian engines. Besides the Cartosat-2B, the PSLV would also have on board an Algerian satellite and some small and nano satellites, ISRO sources said

Praveen do u have specs of The First Dedicated Spysat we r launching?

Back
Top Bottom