What's new

Indian Special Forces

SPG Counter Assault Team (CAT):

tumblr_ntaaz883yu1tjfjuco6_1280.png

tumblr_ntaaz883yu1tjfjuco8_1280.png

tumblr_ntaaz883yu1tjfjuco9_1280.png

tumblr_ntaaz883yu1tjfjuco10_1280.png

yes they dont buy it off the market, but its only takes to be a cricketer or a bollywood star to be in the SF.remember dhoni in para regiment at high ranking officer.

Dhoni is just a Honorary Officer in the 106 Para Territorial Army Bn and it is not an SF .

Parachute Regiment

The regiment has a total of eleven regular, one Rashtriya Rifles and two Territorial Army battalions. Of the regular battalions, three are Airborne Infantry battalions, while eight are Special Forces battalions. Formerly designated "Commando" units, they are now designated Special Forces:

• 1st Battalion (Special Forces) - ex 1st Battalion, 2nd Punjab Regiment Raised 1761, conversion to Special Forces 1978
  • 2nd Battalion (Special Forces) - ex 3rd Battalion, Maratha Light Infantry raised 1797, conversion to Special Forces 2000
  • 3rd Battalion (Special Forces) - ex 1st Battalion, Kumaon Regiment raised 1813, conversion to Special Forces 2002
  • 4th Battalion (Special Forces) raised 1961, conversion to Special Forces 2003.
  • 5th Battalion (Airborne) raised 1963
  • 6th Battalion (Airborne) raised 1963
  • 7th Battalion (Airborne) raised 1963
  • 9th Battalion (Special Forces) raised 1966 as 9th Parachute Commando Battalion.
  • 10th Battalion (Special Forces) raised in 1967 as 10th Parachute Commando battalion from 9 Para Cdo.
  • 11th Battalion (Special Forces) raised in 2011
  • 21st Battalion (Special Forces) - ex 21st Battalion, Maratha Light Infantry raised 1985, conversion to Special Forces 1996
  • 106th Infantry Battalion (Para) Territorial Army
  • 116th Infantry Battalion (Para) Territorial Army
  • 31st Battalion (Commando) - Rashtriya Rifles

i want to send some links but not able to do that for now for technical reasons on this site.

so other i want to ask that
indian strategy is that for every 1 enemy indian will send 3 to 5 soldiers.(3 minimum per 1 enemy).
real SF only require a highly trained Squad for more than 20 to 40 enemy.without airsupport.
our send 2000 to 12000 SF for less than 20 enemy.backed by paramilitary and police and airforce and tanks in J&K.

regular u.s law enforcement and police carry similar or more advance equipments .
Brother,you go and play "Call of Duty" because it seems that you have got no real knowledge about the modus operandi of our Special Forces:lol:.
Now let me give you some real time info regarding the actual modus operandi of our Forces in J&K.In case of every insurgency whether large scale or small the usual COIN(i hope you do know the full form) tactic is to deploy as many personnel as possible to achieve complete physical area domination on the ground.This is the reason why GoI was able to crush two of the most ferocious insurgency movements in Punjab and J&K and this is also the reason why the Maoists are getting cornered by the each passing day in Central Indian region:coffee:.

basic equipments no night visions, no scope for imi negev
no infrared lazer device,no suppressor's and lazer gesignator if some wants to go with covert and silently.
i havent seen any side arms.let go the advanced lazer targeting pods or
lazer gesignator.no thermal scopes.
development countrys regular troops carry these equipments.imagine real SF

what is special about them??
yah call of duty ka fan

B8yPFFh.gif

looks like a mumbai police cop

make way for real SF
ibpTH4srn42ysT.jpg

do you have better fps game than that

332711_514193755262987_64597213_o.jpg.html

do you think this is call of duty

want to battle future wars with basic weapons.
knows about insas and thinks he knows everything
so acc to u nice equipement = special force....let me give u a lesson for life...nicer equipment doesnt mean better special force equipment is secondary...u first need a man to brace the training of a special force...not a call of duty fanboy

you should also play it if you havent then you will know the future and advanced tactics.
you could probably come out from world war 2 tactics,that our forces use all the time.

yeah sounds like they know the results what would happen if they sends only 4 to 6 man team of SF.
SAS sends behind the enemy line only 4 man team.thats enough to take all the bad guys down

this is not world war 1 and 2 where you fight in trenches and bunkers.
you have to use advanced long range weapons beyond visual range and also stealth.

Where are you getting all of this from?
Number of SFs per mission depends on the specificity of the mission.
An offensive asymmetric mission will require small number only if the logistics of a place is complicated, where large number of SFs conducting a shock and awe tactic will only be a hindrance and have more chance of being found out. You should stop playing COD and go out more.
Take for example Op Neptune Spear, around 79 DEVGRU/ST6 operators participated to kill and capture OBL and other terrorists, similarly the recent Myanmar raid had 70 commandos of the 21 Para SFs participating who killed over 100 terrorists.
Your standards of Special forces need not apply to our SFs who are as good as any SFs out there.
You can equate them with your games or pictures from the net, neither will that take away their laurels or the countless successful missions they have had since their inception nor will the stop protecting us day in and day out, and they certainly do not need your approval.
dfg.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
indiantavor4.jpg

marcos.jpg

29895815.jpg

50leyt.jpg

B8RNVKkCYAEqJ5c.jpg

Last edited:
All of this is built into the Metro MOR reflex sight (and MARS) used on the Tavors.

BSF ERT bro.
Are you sure that these are members of the BSF ERT??I am asking this because in another Indian Forum they were claimed to be members of COBRA although the camo looks a bit similar to the ones worn by the S.S.B.The thing is that i am totally confused in this case and a simple google search is also not helping the matter.

Are you sure that these are members of the BSF ERT??I am asking this because in another Indian Forum they were claimed to be members of COBRA although the camo looks a bit similar to the ones worn by the S.S.B.The thing is that i am totally confused in this case and a simple google search is also not helping the matter.
100% not COBRA, BSF for sure.

basic equipments no night visions, no scope for imi negev
no infrared lazer device,no suppressor's and lazer gesignator if some wants to go with covert and silently.
i havent seen any side arms.let go the advanced lazer targeting pods or
lazer gesignator.no thermal scopes.
development countrys regular troops carry these equipments.imagine real SF

bro, our special forces have
NVGs, laser pointers.
upload_2015-8-19_18-54-46.png

weapons sights(Hybrid sight),
upload_2015-8-16_21-6-51-png.247662

upload_2015-8-16_21-9-9-png.247665

suppressors,
A Russian Soldier Checks Out Silenced MICRO UZI Of PARA SF......jpg

pn10-indian-air-force-9.jpg

laser designators
upload_2015-8-19_18-56-57.png

and many more things they need.
you don't know about our SF.
side arms are mostly in CQBs, in operations like LRRP, Covert ops, in most DA ops. they don;t use side arms.

the SPECIAL in SPECIAL FORCES are not in their weapons, it is their skill, training, capability and the method they adopt for fighting makes them SPECIAL

looks like a mumbai police cop

make way for real SF
ibpTH4srn42ysT.jpg

bro, you are comparing equipment of US SF( with a budget of 10 billion droller) with Indian special forces(<1 billion droller budget)

m 21 and i bet i know better than you about weapons.
war is won by best weapons.
god takes sides who have best artillery and drones.

the battles are won by soldiers/men. not only because they have better weapons.
best example is Iraqi special forces.
iraqi-special-operations-7515.jpg

when fighting enemy.
iraqi-special-forces-isis-ramadi.jpg

http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1385096/iraqi-special-forces-isis-ramadi.jpg
Iraqi forces lack will to fight - Ashton Carter - BBC News

US Navy seals without military side arms.
300d69f597436452b36d4cc017b60685.jpg

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

article-2594627-186E3B0E000005DC-381_634x407.jpg

indian special forces with sidearm
10429828_1823463907879148_6156232788728033156_n.jpg

10646993_761552270560880_8048123116404797102_n.jpg

now you can relax and take a sleep..

you havent got it yet it will take time and i have enough time to explain you

devgru around 79 as you believe entered pak without authorization and in covert so it makes them pro where far from there homeland very inside pak terrotary with risk of deceting and completed within 30 minutes. fighting over seas.
where as indian operation in myanmar was a joint operation with approved from myanmar with closed to indian border side with lots of supports.

Yeah, you know nothing.
SEALS airdropped from choppers with air support 1 of which crashed and 2 additional teams on standby if anything went wrong where they faced 22 people(Para SF faced over100) inside the compound among them were women and children .
When the SF are actuallyin a fire fight they don't have support apart from the numbers they already have, i.e. 79 SEAL operators with choppers and 70 Para SFs with choppers there was nothing more, your point about being covert away from home is moot.
Para SF trekked over intense terrain killed over 100 terrorists trekked a bit again and then exfiltrated from choppers. How does that look easy to you?

Operation Khukri in Sierra Leone had around 90 Para SFs rescuing over 200 men of the Gorkha rifles and push back over 4000 RUF soldiers ultimately flushing them and freeing Freetown. This is among many other operations that the Para SFs have participated and achieved victory in.

yes most or all of them are 1st gen where as others use 3rd and 4th gen even pak has 3rd gen nvgs.
dont teach me.bro

I realize your need to fawn on pics and equipments, but that is only coz you know nothing about the operational history of our forces, its really very sad to see your illiteracy.

one(me) vs all of u in this form

i can take you all come on.

this are all old pics which i got bored seeing
with little this you are trying to make look like you are the best in the world.

yes you are right they are cobra during bardaman blast in westbengal.

I reckon that is why you are here for, to troll really.

Freshen up your facts.

tell this to world best sas who goes to the jungle behind enemy lines for days and weaks with lots of gear and heavy weapons.

Everyone knows that operating in Jungles is about keeping weight and gear to a minimum:

USMC:

Defense.gov_News_Photo_100531-M-4916Y-063_-_U.S._Marines_from_2nd_Platoon_Alpha_Company_with_the_landing_force_participating_in_Cooperation_Afloat_Readiness_and_Training_Indonesia_2010_wait.jpg

frifoto-usmc-guatamela.jpg

SAS:

jungle2.jpg

SEALs:

SEAL0326_5.jpg

SASR:

aus_sas_6_450.jpg

And I don't know how you've come to the conclusion that the SAS are the "best" other than using COD-logic.

our history was a great with full of power.they were the super heros at their time.
the soldiers who fought world wars were absolutely elite at their time.

but now its 21 century war will b fought with digital and cyber techs.

my grand father fought in indo pak war. i know you all will not believe me.but is absolutely true.and my dad is in paramilitary.

i m here to wake you up.

Dude, keep it in your pants you know nothing.
Again, go check up on the operational history of our SFs before and after 2000, and after that if you still don't get it then troll somewhere else, you are making a fool out of yourself.
Stop obsessing about future weapons, we already have the ongoing FINSAS project and our SFs are doing wonders with what they have, we can only imagine what they will be capable of when they do end up getting advanced weaponry.

DRDO MCIWS
DRDO_MC_Rifle.jpg

DRDO MSMC (is used in COD Black Ops 2, I'm sure for you it should qualify as a great futuristic achievement)
rwt7p0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom