What's new

Indian Special Forces

Check out the helmets of Patna Police's SWAT team:

murder.jpg

the rest of their gear absolutely sucks though

murder.jpg

Can you tell more about this helmet... Have seen quite a lot of them recently but never really figured out what they were good for...??

murder.jpg

with that kind of equipment i dough that they have the gradates to be fitted on the helmets.

Can you tell more about this helmet... Have seen quite a lot of them recently but never really figured out what they were good for...??
MKU helmets.
mku.jpg

3_img124815220114.jpg

KOLKATA: In keeping with plans by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) to deploy National Security Guard (NSG) commandos within the shortest time possible, the Black Cats based at the hub in Badu near Kolkata carried out their first full-fledged heli-borne drill on Monday. Shortly after 3.30 pm, two Mi-17V5 helicopters of the Indian Air Force (IAF) flew in from Air Force Station Barrackpore and landed at the NSG hub. The commandos boarded within minutes and were deployed in the forested areas of Panagarh within an hour.

"This was a crucial development. The NSG commandos at Badu are in charge of 13 states in the eastern and northeastern parts of the country. Their quick deployment is crucial. Crucial time is wasted if the commandos have to travel by road to the airport and then board a flight. On Monday, it took the helicopters 15 minutes to reach Badu from Barrackpore. The helicopters had barely touched down when the commandos boarded and the journey to Panagarh started. They were deployed by 5 pm. Had the helicopters not been available, this may have taken more than two hours," a senior MHA official said.

NSG commandos are deployed during terror strikes and the timing is crucial. During the Mumbai strike, the Black Cats were delayed as there was no aircraft available at Delhi for that all-important flight. Since then, the MHA decided that the elite force can commandeer any aircraft during deployment. Though the hub at Badu is located close to the Kolkata airport, valuable time is lost in covering the distance by road due to narrow and congested roads. For some time now, the NSG has been planning heli-borne operations. In the past, the Black Cat commandos have carried out drills at several star hotels in Kolkata as well as Metro stations. Such drills will continue in the days to come but the stress will be on quicker deployment, another MHA official said.

"There may also be drills when the commandos actually get out of helicopters on to flat roofs of buildings in Kolkata. There are also plans to carry out aerial surveillance of the city using helicopters. The commandos can get deployed in the central business district of Kolkata within 10-15 minutes using helicopters. If the commandos use road transport, this would take over an hour. This is why more stress is being laid on heli-borne operations from the Badu hub," her said.

Defence News - NSG commandos carry out heli-borne operations from Badu

Cool! Interesting to see the PSG-1 and the scopes on those SIGs (they look like night optics to me). Hopefully the NSG get some helmets like those of the Patna SWAT team but now they (the NSG) are fitting P-rails and NVG mounts to there existing helmets it looks less likely they will be going for a new type anytime soon. Other than that everything looks top-notch, this force really has done a great job of reinventing itself kudos to them and the GoI (of the past mostly).

+ also interesting is that the operator with the PSG-1 has a shotgun slung around his back- I've not seen them with this before, I've only seen breachers using full-length automatic shotguns as their primary weapon in the past.

Cool! Interesting to see the PSG-1 and the scopes on those SIGs (they look like night optics to me). Hopefully the NSG get some helmets like those of the Patna SWAT team but now they (the NSG) are fitting P-rails and NVG mounts to there existing helmets it looks less likely they will be going for a new type anytime soon. Other than that everything looks top-notch, this force really has done a great job of reinventing itself kudos to them and the GoI (of the past mostly).

+ also interesting is that the operator with the PSG-1 has a shotgun slung around his back- I've not seen them with this before, I've only seen breachers using full-length automatic shotguns as their primary weapon in the past.

what advantage does these bulky helmets of NSG have when comparing with those MKU helmets??

Sorry for the quality guys ... para still using M4 ... imo their early VZ 58 was more reliable
IMG_20150829_005356-min.jpg

If not for the procurement process the helmets could easily be provided by MKU.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom