What's new

Indian Special Forces

It is definitely a Indian Unit and i think i am seeing 3 different guns in that pic.
FN-2000, FN P-90 and FN SCAR.

(FN-2000 and P-90 of course already in use in India by the SPG but this would be the first time the SCAR has been seen in Indian hands and this would be pretty big news).

The FN Herstal salesman has certainly paid them a visit ;)

What makes you sure they are an Indian unit?

FN-2000, FN P-90 and FN SCAR.

(FN-2000 and P-90 of course already in use in India by the SPG but this would be the first time the SCAR has been seen in Indian hands and this would be pretty big news).

The FN Herstal salesman has certainly paid them a visit ;)

What makes you sure they are an Indian unit?

The CQB room is in Manesar as you rightly pointed out and the Boot is again a 650 bucks boot very common with Army chaps.The uniform is tailored and is not fire proof..very Indian.Helmet is the same NSG uses and the same goes for NVGs.I had heard my friend once saying that NSG "may" go for SCAR and i am now very sure about this.

Regarding the video..The unit is more active than i thought.Equipped like Para SF with PKM and Tavor and the same NVG (GARUDS use bi oculars) .Officers comprise of Para and Tibetians.Jawans consist of Tibetians and Nepalese.Women are a part of combat and wear maroon beret.

Overall a kickass force with good experience and training.I would place them right up there with Para SF as the most lethal force.

But seeing how secretive the unit is and the access to weapons i would say man..SG would have been part of really high profile ops we would never know about.

The pics of SG (appears twice) appears to be most certainly a little oldish. The kit, the rifles (both the FN 2000 and SCAR) look like the early models. My 2 cent intuition says the pics are from before when the SPG got their new kit (2004?). The other more interesting pic is the jungle one, the soldier on the right appears to be carrying what looks like either the MCIWS or the ARX 160. :woot:

The pics of SG (appears twice) appears to be most certainly a little oldish. The kit, the rifles (both the FN 2000 and SCAR) look like the early models. My 2 cent intuition says the pics are from before when the SPG got their new kit (2004?). The other more interesting pic is the jungle one, the soldier on the right appears to be carrying what looks like either the MCIWS or the ARX 160. :woot:

The helmet and gear are not that old.I would say 2 years old.

The soldier on the right is carrying a P 90. The MCIWS is still in development. Furthermore, the SCAR has only been in service since 2009.

The helmet and gear are not that old.I would say 2 years old.
Not necessarily, remember the SG is touted as the creme de la creme of Indian SF. They seem to get priority when it comes kit upgrades (First to handle Tavors). Going by that analogy, they probably got these helmets and rifles a few years before any of the other SF/CT units got (NSG in the last couple of years). In addition to this, the lack of a load carrying vest, knee/elbow pads which are now commonplace even with basic infantry suggests that the pics are from sometime back. Just speculation, I could be wrong too :-)

P.S.: The pistol holsters too are another give away.

The soldier on the right is carrying a P 90. The MCIWS is still in development. Furthermore, the SCAR has only been in service since 2009.

Yes that is a P90. I am referring to the other pic of some unit in the jungle, look at the soldier on the extreme right. SCAR - In service from 2009 but has been in production since 2004.

Not necessarily, remember the SG is touted as the creme de la creme of Indian SF. They seem to get priority when it comes kit upgrades (First to handle Tavors). Going by that analogy, they probably got these helmets and rifles a few years before any of the other SF/CT units got (NSG in the last couple of years). In addition to this, the lack of a load carrying vest, knee/elbow pads which are now commonplace even with basic infantry suggests that the pics are from sometime back. Just speculation, I could be wrong too :-)

P.S.: The pistol holsters too are another give away.

So,you are suggesting the SG had this gear and weapons in 2004 and the NSG (no.1 unit in hostage situation) and the Para SF waited for 26/11 to upgrade despite them having the same officers and other ranks.

So,you are suggesting the SG had this gear and weapons in 2004 and the NSG (no.1 unit in hostage situation) and the Para SF waited for 26/11 to upgrade despite them having the same officers and other ranks.

I am not suggesting anything just citing my personal opinion based on observation and yes we all know the state of NSG pre 26/11 but PARAs not really, they've had relatively better weaponry (Tavors) and kit for a few years now (only relative to other Indian units).

Google SCAR L prototype, you'll see why I think the two pics are oldish.

Last edited:
I am not suggesting anything just citing my personal opinion based on observation and yes we all know the state of NSG pre 26/11 but PARAs not really, they've had relatively better weaponry (Tavors) and kit for a few years now (only relative to other Indian units).

Google SCAR L prototype, you'll see why I think the two pics are oldish.

Paras were not well equipped before 26/11.They just had Tavors.

I had heard my friend once saying that NSG "may" go for SCAR and i am now very sure about this
What's the background of this friend bro? How does he have such info?

Another pic of "Special Group":

tumblr_nhib70WV8a1tjfjuco1_1280.png

+ bro as per my information SG is 100% made up of Indian SF operators, there is little Tibetan content in this unit.

What's the background of this friend bro? How does he have such info?

Another pic of "Special Group":

tumblr_nhib70WV8a1tjfjuco1_1280.png

+ bro as per my information SG is 100% made up of Indian SF operators, there is little Tibetan content in this unit.

From where do you have these pics? o_O

Back
Top Bottom