What's new

Indian Special Forces

It's a fair point but a bit immature and naive. Actions are the only way to rate armies and espceially SOFs and if this is the case then Indian SOFs are up there with the best. It is true that in JK standards for uniforms are laxed but so what? A bullet is going to have the same trajectory when fired from soldiers in identical camo to those in this sort of dress.

Uniformity will be there when needed (NOTE some of the pics are NOT SF but regular airborne units
indiantav1.jpg

indiansf8.jpg

indiantav6.jpg

816F3D4A64C7BE4BE77A18E2EA8BBD.jpg

parasf2.png

bnbvnbvnb.jpg

(IN MARCOs)

Outstanding!!! Thanks for sharing.

thumb.cms

I've always wondered this. The Sikh Regiment started wearing the Patka helmets, to confirm to their religious standards. What does a Sikh in an SF unit do?

SRnxd.jpg

3hBVY.jpg

6yXWQ.jpg

THSMl.jpg

1D7Gu.jpg

I guess they are MARCOS. Or i might be wrong they might be VBSS too. These pics are from INS Sahyahdri i guess.

And also can someone ID the thingy in the first pic near the barrel. It looks like UBGL release lever.

They are standardizing the uniform for MARCOS FROM EARLIER BLACK?

EzioAltaïr;3490219 said:
I've always wondered this. The Sikh Regiment started wearing the Patka helmets, to confirm to their religious standards. What does a Sikh in an SF unit do?

Same as what Sikh pilots do- instead of wearing a full turban, cover the hair with a simple petite of cloth and stick a Kevlar on like everyone else.

These guys aren't MARCOs, but yes this new camo is going to be the new standard uniform for MARCOs but black is there is needed.

These guys aren't MARCOs, but yes this new camo is going to be the new standard uniform for MARCOs but black is there is needed.

Same as what Sikh pilots do- instead of wearing a full turban, cover the hair with a simple petite of cloth and stick a Kevlar on like everyone else.

But then why doesn't IA dispose of the Patkas and make all the Sikhs do that. I know the Patka offers great protection, but it is unwieldy, does not cover the ears, and one can't mount hands-free communication on it.

Why not just use advanced Kevlar/Aramid helmets, and dispose of the Patkas?

EzioAltaïr;3490501 said:
But then why doesn't IA dispose of the Patkas and make all the Sikhs do that. I know the Patka offers great protection, but it is unwieldy, does not cover the ears, and one can't mount hands-free communication on it.

Why not just use advanced Kevlar/Aramid helmets, and dispose of the Patkas?

My understanding is the Patka was developed for Sikh soldiers who couldn't use the vintage tin helmets the IA used and then the Patka was found to be incredibly useful in CI ops and was adopted as the standard helmet for all units involved in CI ops. My understanding is that eventually the plan is to give all the IA Kevlar helmets but this is a mammoth project and can't just be done overnight so right now they remain he preserve of SOF units.

Well everyone looks good in photos, but what have they achieved so far? Where they involved in taking down the terrorists in Mumbai attacks? If they were, then why it took more than 48 hours to subdue 10 terrorists?

Training does not matter if they dont have the heart to face the enemy. if training could achieve the result than USA would not be needing drones to attack taliban, they would be sending their SF to kill them. It is because they are scared to fight and die.Hence the use of drones, where a large number of innocents die.

Similarly, in Kargil war when the IA or their SF were being beaten back, than they had to use Mirage 2000 with their high altitude bombing run to kill off the militants. Again you need heart to fight.

Well everyone looks good in photos, but what have they achieved so far? Where they involved in taking down the terrorists in Mumbai attacks? If they were, then why it took more than 48 hours to subdue 10 terrorists?

Training does not matter if they dont have the heart to face the enemy. if training could achieve the result than USA would not be needing drones to attack taliban, they would be sending their SF to kill them. It is because they are scared to fight and die.Hence the use of drones, where a large number of innocents die.

Similarly, in Kargil war when the IA or their SF were being beaten back, than they had to use Mirage 2000 with their high altitude bombing run to kill off the militants. Again you need heart to fight.

I hope every one in ur side shares your views. We will have field day in next war...

I say... why not come out from under the rock and breathe some fresh air?

Even I had a restricted view about Pakistan until a few months back, all I could think about Pakistan was = a failed state with salwar-kameez wearing radicals stuck in the medieval era. But you know what, I researched a little about Pakistan and was surprised to see that Pakistan in fact was doing well, and looked cleaner and somewhat more developed than India(on a broader scale looks better than India, because in India, the development is in extremes ie very rich or very poor).

Se you talk about something, in which you are very bad. During 26/11 the terrorists attacked big 5 start hotels, hospitals and railways stations full of civilians but in your country they attacked a military base called PNS Mehran and why so many hours they took? Not only that there are many examples. One is Sri Lankan Cricket team's visit to Pakistan. The cricketers said the security forces ran away leaving them in the hands of attackers.

So its better not to talk about courage.

SRnxd.jpg

3hBVY.jpg

6yXWQ.jpg

THSMl.jpg

1D7Gu.jpg

I guess they are MARCOS. Or i might be wrong they might be VBSS too. These pics are from INS Sahyahdri i guess.

And also can someone ID the thingy in the first pic near the barrel. It looks like UBGL release lever.

That looks like some American Uniform. When did we start using this camo?

Trolling is not my intention but comming from a country which is home to SSG COMMANDOS who raised the white flag after getting air dropped to destroy Indian air fileds and who get beaten by Indian foot soldiers the only thing you can do is be humble.

SSG has done disasters in the past whereas there is not a single operation you can blame the PARA,MARCOS or GARUDS(The only Indian SOFs) for not doing their work properly...The mumbai attack was handled by NSG for you information and it was not incapable..it was slow because of the lack of aircrafts and bad decisions made by the state govt.

Back
Top Bottom