What's new

Indian Special Forces

(In light of the reactions to this article, The Quintdecided to reconfirm the information from its sources. We stand by our story.)

At least 20 terrorists have been neutralised in a daring cross-LoC operation by the Indian Army in response to the Uri attack.

Two units of the elite 2 Paras comprising 18-20 soldiers flew across the LoC in the Uri sector in military helicopters and carried out an operation that killed at least 20 suspected terrorists across three terror camps in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (Azad Kashmir).

The Quint: Exclusive: Uri Avenged. Special Forces Cross LoC; Kill 20 Terrorists
Total casualties, including those injured, could be as high as 200, sources said.

Military sources revealed to The Quint, which confirmed this information from two other independent sources, that the operation happened during the intervening hours of 20 September and 21 September.

Indications that the Indian Special Forces struck across LoC came in the form of Pakistan declaring a no-fly zone over Azad Kashmir on 20 September night.

Pakistan’s national flag carrier, Pakistan International Airlines (PIA), had cancelled flights to northern Pakistani cities, including to Gilgit and Skardu in Azad Kashmir, due to “airspace restrictions”.

PIA called off flights to Gilgit and Skardu in Gilgit-Baltistan region in Azad Kashmir and Chitral in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.

PIA spokesperson Danyal Gilani had tweeted this information late Tuesday evening.

Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif held a telephonic conversation with the country’s powerful Army Chief General Raheel Sharif on Tuesday night ahead of his speech at the UN in which he raised the Kashmir issue. It is understood that they are likely to have discussed this cross-border raid as well.

thequint%2F2016-09%2F3718a49a-98ee-430e-aa4b-02ff67a398db%2FIndia%20Kashmir%20Militan_K%20(2).jpg

Soldiers guard on tip of their vehicle outside the army base which was attacked by suspected militants at Uri. (Photo: AP)

Speaking at an event earlier on Wednesday, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said the Uri attack may need a “knee-jerk” reaction.

“Won’t go into details of what India can do, but sometimes knee-jerk reaction is required,” he said.

Hours after the attack on Sunday morning by four terrorists that killed 18 Indian soldiers, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had tweeted that those behind the act “would not go unpunished”.

thequint%2F2016-09%2F5dd4f80e-8189-4e86-a867-3b8b72ee866e%2FRTSOG21.jpg

Geeta (centre), wife of Ravi Paul, an army soldier who was killed in Sunday’s attack at an Indian Army base in Kashmir’s Uri, reacts upon seeing the body of her husband in Sarwa village in Samba district, south of Jammu. (Photo: Reuters)
India has blamed the Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorist outfit for the attack in Uri.

A statement issued by the Ministry of External Affairs listed the items recovered from the terrorists, including GPS tracker with coordinates that indicate the point and time of infiltration across the LoC and the subsequent route to the terror attack site; grenades with Pakistani markings; communication matrix sheets; communication equipment; and other items made in Pakistan, including food, medicines and clothes.

Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar had summoned Pakistani High Commissioner Abdul Basit on Wednesday and conveyed India’s demand for action by Pakistan to crack down on the terror infrastructure in its territory.

https://www.thequint.com/uri-attack...and-kashmir-pakistan-neutralise-20-terrorists

(In light of the reactions to this article, The Quintdecided to reconfirm the information from its sources. We stand by our story.)

At least 20 terrorists have been neutralised in a daring cross-LoC operation by the Indian Army in response to the Uri attack.

Two units of the elite 2 Paras comprising 18-20 soldiers flew across the LoC in the Uri sector in military helicopters and carried out an operation that killed at least 20 suspected terrorists across three terror camps in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (Azad Kashmir).

The Quint: Exclusive: Uri Avenged. Special Forces Cross LoC; Kill 20 Terrorists
Total casualties, including those injured, could be as high as 200, sources said.

Military sources revealed to The Quint, which confirmed this information from two other independent sources, that the operation happened during the intervening hours of 20 September and 21 September.

Indications that the Indian Special Forces struck across LoC came in the form of Pakistan declaring a no-fly zone over Azad Kashmir on 20 September night.

Pakistan’s national flag carrier, Pakistan International Airlines (PIA), had cancelled flights to northern Pakistani cities, including to Gilgit and Skardu in Azad Kashmir, due to “airspace restrictions”.

PIA called off flights to Gilgit and Skardu in Gilgit-Baltistan region in Azad Kashmir and Chitral in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.

PIA spokesperson Danyal Gilani had tweeted this information late Tuesday evening.

Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif held a telephonic conversation with the country’s powerful Army Chief General Raheel Sharif on Tuesday night ahead of his speech at the UN in which he raised the Kashmir issue. It is understood that they are likely to have discussed this cross-border raid as well.

thequint%2F2016-09%2F3718a49a-98ee-430e-aa4b-02ff67a398db%2FIndia%20Kashmir%20Militan_K%20(2).jpg

Soldiers guard on tip of their vehicle outside the army base which was attacked by suspected militants at Uri. (Photo: AP)

Speaking at an event earlier on Wednesday, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said the Uri attack may need a “knee-jerk” reaction.

“Won’t go into details of what India can do, but sometimes knee-jerk reaction is required,” he said.

Hours after the attack on Sunday morning by four terrorists that killed 18 Indian soldiers, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had tweeted that those behind the act “would not go unpunished”.

thequint%2F2016-09%2F5dd4f80e-8189-4e86-a867-3b8b72ee866e%2FRTSOG21.jpg

Geeta (centre), wife of Ravi Paul, an army soldier who was killed in Sunday’s attack at an Indian Army base in Kashmir’s Uri, reacts upon seeing the body of her husband in Sarwa village in Samba district, south of Jammu. (Photo: Reuters)
India has blamed the Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorist outfit for the attack in Uri.

A statement issued by the Ministry of External Affairs listed the items recovered from the terrorists, including GPS tracker with coordinates that indicate the point and time of infiltration across the LoC and the subsequent route to the terror attack site; grenades with Pakistani markings; communication matrix sheets; communication equipment; and other items made in Pakistan, including food, medicines and clothes.

Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar had summoned Pakistani High Commissioner Abdul Basit on Wednesday and conveyed India’s demand for action by Pakistan to crack down on the terror infrastructure in its territory.

https://www.thequint.com/uri-attack/2016/09/21/uri-avenged-2-india-paras-special-forces-cross-loc-uri-sector-jammu-and-kashmir-pakistan-neutralise-20-terrorists

@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR bro is this true I am seeing lots of conflicting reports in media initially media said army killed 10 terrorist which the army spokesperson refused to confirm and now this cross-border raid news . Is it simply for the media campaign ? not sure what to believe . Also considering the air defense Pakistan has I don't think its easy to fly by chopper and do a cross border raid

@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR bro is this true I am seeing lots of conflicting reports in media initially media said army killed 10 terrorist which the army spokesperson refused to confirm and now this cross-border raid news . Is it simply for the media campaign ? not sure what to believe . Also considering the air defense Pakistan has I don't think its easy to fly by chopper and do a cross border raid
There is an increase in operation in the valley as more troops have been pushed.The Army was MAYBE asked to stay quiet after killing Burhan Wani but it has come out all guns blazing now.Even right now many operations are going on in South Kashmir.
Regarding this cross LOC raid i wont say anything now because maybe its made up and maybe it can be true.But the Pakistani decision to make Northern Pakistan a No Fly Zone is shocking to say the least.

Last edited:
@noksss Relax. IA forgets nothing, forgives nothing. Time to move on ahead from Uri has come. Let's concentrate on future course of actions.

@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR has elaborated earlier. Read it in continuation and addition to his posts so far.

I am seeing lots of conflicting reports in media initially media said army killed 10 terrorist which the army spokesperson refused to confirm and now this cross-border raid news .
Who Told you that

Security forces said 10 men were killed in an area close to an army base that was attacked on Sunday.
Army spokesman Lt-Col Rajesh Kalia said soldiers intercepted two large groups of suspected rebels who had entered an Indian-administered area of Kashmir.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-37422761

Is it because the army never went public on the cross-border raid done on the Pakistani side or Pakistan will never change whatever may be the retaliation from India? .
Remember even OBL's killing by US marines was to be kept a secret but their chopper crashed, and everything went kaput. We will never know.
We will hear only the stories of such attacks emanating as tweets and blogs.
I know for one that at times such ops are done without political consent too. If army is pushed to the wall, it will react- be assured.
In either case despite facing an insurgency for 3 decades we are yet to develop a mechanism to stop such cross-border terrorism and save our brave jawans
The problem is we dont have long term strategy like the enemy has. We know Kashmir is our's and we will protect it, but we(as in the politcians and army ) wait till the problem is himalyan in nature. Procrastination at its best!
Our enemy is slowly but steadily increasing its foothold in the valley. When something develops gradually, it goes unnoticed. So our policy should be to nip terrorism in its bud specially when it comes to the valley. I know that will cause some collateral damage but then no war is won without bloodshed. In this case its a covert war in kashmir.

nsg from 0:52
should't they be wearing face mask while operating in public with media presence?
@Abingdonboy @Jamwal's @hellfire @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR @Unknowncommando
that helmet looks nice tho.
These are unit/squad leaders meeting other members of the security establishment (police and navy) they aren't "team guys" so they would naturally be walking with their faces uncovered here (just like during 26/11 the NSG's top brass were in public with their faces uncovered).

The real issue is the Indian media not giving a damn about broadcasting the faces of members of their nation's CT forces. In France such actions are a crime that can come with a serious fine or prison sentence.

Look cross border raids keep happening from both sides and i am a witness of one such raid in which 18 Pakistanis were killed.I lost a friend in it.The news from both the countries about the raid was amusing to say the least.

Another such raid which was carried out in 98 because of the massacre of hindus in Rajouri/Poonch with Indian Para SF beheading Pakistani infantrmen and putting a note 'how does your own blood feel' in urdu.

So my point is such raids keep happening with our Army never claiming the responsibilty and Pakistani never showing the world the real picture as always like Kargil.

I promise you something will be done knowing the Army(i remember saying this line in the incident where our soldiers were beheaded and then you know what happened)I just dont know when and how and to be very honest the Pakistanis are prepared this time.It might lead to some casualties on our side.

When we hit..We should hit decisively without any casualty!!

How did it feel when they paraded the heads of Indian officers and soldiers as revenge for the raid n massacre of innocent civilians in Lanjot by indian troops. (The only episode where pics were made public and can still be found on the Internet)... Notoriously the head of the CO was presented to Musharaf... At least that's what rumours were circulating..
Thankfully 2003 ceasefire was announced and the LOC remained peaceful till your BJP clowns came to power through undo it.. And what is following is more violence and likely return of the 90s.

They shoved sticks and paraded the heads in the village of the martyrs.

As for your fake news ... Kabhi aao na khushbo laga k.

Talking on Internet is cheap..

I myself am witness to the encounter and subsequent killing of your "northern alliance" buddies in ANA by FC... We didn't even let em pick the bodies till late in the evening..

The hoopla about US raid.. I don't know the exact details but you n we all know you aren't "USA" nor are we going to keep quiet and let you get away..

1 little mistake .. First we will blast your "invading" troops or aircraft followed by counter strikes on Indian targets... And it will lead to a conventional conflict or a full fledged war.

@Irfan Baloch. Anything you will like to add sir .. As a former PA officer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom