What's new

Indian Special Forces

Sir, as far as i know the Marcos are only given the duty of taking care of Wular Lake.I have asked a lot of ex RR guys as have they gone in operations with any Navy guys to which they say we have trained with them in the Army battle school but havent been on operations with them.They say that only Para guys come with them to operations apart from local police.

Regarding Handwara they were very deadly in the late 90s,,a relative of mine has served there then(dont wanna share what relation)..Para has seen action many times over the past few years in Lolab and hafruda.Doda was also very dangerous in early 2000s.

Personally i havent ever interacted with Para SF i have interacted with regular Paras though.I will definitely share stories told to me by ex RR guys.

Actually its not a tale but its how they have lead the operations even after getting badly injured.Its how they have faced terrorists who were not terrorists but very specially trained(you know what i mean here).Its about their attitude which is never say die.Its about their morale which cannot be destroyed by anyone.Its about where they operate..they are not just limited to a particular region..it would be shocking to many as to where all they have been to.Its about the revenge they have successfuly taken recently after a incident of beheading...I hope you can get a clue and understand that i cannot share more than this :-)

Haha come on mate you cant tell that here on Pdf. :cheesy:

Sir, as far as i know the Marcos are only given the duty of taking care of Wular Lake.I have asked a lot of ex RR guys as have they gone in operations with any Navy guys to which they say we have trained with them in the Army battle school but havent been on operations with them.They say that only Para guys come with them to operations apart from local police.

That used to be the early days of Marcos - deputing them around water body..But ever since that route was closed down (lack of interest by terrorists to use that route) and lack of action prompted them to change their methods..they now undergo a 3-6 month inculcation period to learn the army ways and are posted in the army units that serve in Kashmir..That is why Para's normally dont know that they are operating with Marcos...Plus Marcos adopts the weaponry of the regiment they are deputed to..This is coming from a reliable source !

Regarding Handwara they were very deadly in the late 90s,,a relative of mine has served there then(dont wanna share what relation)..Para has seen action many times over the past few years in Lolab and hafruda.Doda was also very dangerous in early 2000s.

Hows Doda now ? That was another dangerous place..

Actually its not a tale but its how they have lead the operations even after getting badly injured.Its how they have faced terrorists who were not terrorists but very specially trained(you know what i mean here).Its about their attitude which is never say die.Its about their morale which cannot be destroyed by anyone.Its about where they operate..they are not just limited to a particular region..it would be shocking to many as to where all they have been to.Its about the revenge they have successfuly taken recently after a incident of beheading...I hope you can get a clue and understand that i cannot share more than this :-)

Now that has me salivating ....I know abt the incident and have talked to some people in the know..but i am not aware of this angle...

That used to be the early days of Marcos - deputing them around water body..But ever since that route was closed down (lack of interest by terrorists to use that route) and lack of action prompted them to change their methods..they now undergo a 3-6 month inculcation period to learn the army ways and are posted in the army units that serve in Kashmir..That is why Para's normally dont know that they are operating with Marcos...Plus Marcos adopts the weaponry of the regiment they are deputed to..This is coming from a reliable source !

Wow thats nice to know..can you share which unit of the RR?..is it the normal RR battalions or the Para RR battalion or the Para SF companies in Kashmir?

Hows Doda now ? That was another dangerous place..

Doda is a lot peaceful now.It was a very dangerous place once right after Kupwara.But now the terrorists operations have been paralysed.

Now that has me salivating ....I know abt the incident and have talked to some people in the know..but i am not aware of this angle...

I have been told this by a guy of the unit in which the incident took place.I had said in another thread just after the incident that IA is not gonna sit quiet.

Wow thats nice to know..can you share which unit of the RR?..is it the normal RR battalions or the Para RR battalion or the Para SF companies in Kashmir?
No not the normal RR company but the Para battalion, earlier they were deputed to SOG , but that has been discontinued now.. ....Para SF companies keep to themselves and do not welcome outsiders ...I am not prevy to which battalion they operate under - never asked and i felt i might be pushing my luck a bit too far....

I have been told this by a guy of the unit in which the incident took place.I had said in another thread just after the incident that IA is not gonna sit quiet.

Sweet... Do tell us ..or pm us ...do something :)

No not the normal RR company but the Para battalion, earlier they were deputed to SOG , but that has been discontinued now.. ....Para SF companies keep to themselves and do not welcome outsiders ...I am not prevy to which battalion they operate under - never asked and i felt i might be pushing my luck a bit too far....

Yeah man thats what i was guessing as normal RR wont be suitable for them and Para SF would obviously be unwelcoming.

I will message you regarding the incident.Cant PM as i am not a senior member.

What is this incident of beheading being talked of? Care to expand, who was beheaded?

Am I meant to be impressed? I'm still gonna go for Indian SOFs I'm afraid they are marginally better equipped and if you think they look good today then this is relativly recently they got such flash gear, they've also got the experince and training to back it up. Next few years we are going to see Indian SOFs completly transformed. I'll admit, there was a period when Pakistani SFs were better equipped than Indian but that time has passed and now the gap is only going to grow larger.

Am I meant to be impressed? I'm still gonna go for Indian SOFs I'm afraid they are marginally better equipped and if you think they look good today then this is relativly recently they got such flash gear, they've also got the experince and training to back it up. Next few years we are going to see Indian SOFs completly transformed. I'll admit, there was a period when Pakistani SFs were better equipped than Indian but that time has passed and now the gap is only going to grow larger.

Dnt even know what ur talkin abt... but the pics u posted.. minus the tavour nothin is "awesome" or better about them... and they "paras" are ur best equipped forces... while me and any neutral person with God given eyes can see whose better equiped.....alsp consider the fact tht these pics are old and the soldiers arent even wearin full combat gear... also why would i want to impress some old indian guy livin in UK? unless ur a hot 20 year old girl... which u clearly arent... :lol:

Guys do not cross the line, you are not suppose to disclose deployment. Back off, do not want to report.

Guys do not cross the line, you are not suppose to disclose deployment. Back off, do not want to report.

This guy doesn't stop, look what I found back on page 35 of this thread:

15_000_Mvd1433346nvgcobracrpf.jpg

Thts not indian sf.

Marcos:

5caa3b.jpg

Also i believe tht PAK SFs are better equiped then their indian counterparts.

His statement was well and truly debunked back there by Abingdonboy and a few other members and now he has started up again. An out and out troll. Me thinks one is looking through these pages and getting jealous.

+ don't know if these have been posted,

IN MARCOS:

thumb.cms

thumb.cms

marinecommandos.jpg

It seems Indian SOFs are getting these new (but super expensive) desert boots like the ones seen in the two pics and worn by IA PARAS SF/non-SF in Yudh Abhays 2012

Please stick to the topic, any more off topic posts below this will be deleted immediately

Back
Top Bottom