What's new

Indian Special Forces

Hey how come you can take pictures of GARUDS but not of MARCOS??

Hey how come you can take pictures of GARUDS but not of MARCOS??

There is no law against it. It is purely that most of these pics come from AI 2011 where Garuds were deployed to act as a ERT so givne the high footfall and number of guys with cameras there are bound to be pics whereas MARCOs get very little exposure to public and whenever they do perform demonstrations or whatever it is at a quite a distance but are on the whole very rare. Even still there are still relitvely few pics of all Indian SOFs in comparison to other nations.

SWAT team at Surujkund Fair. IS this HAryana Police SWAT?

Police-commando4.jpg

Police-commando31.jpg

Police-commando5.jpg

Police-commando6.jpg

Police commandos in Surajkund Mela

Many have probably seen this vid but I think it is fitting to archive it here:

IN MARCOs at their best!

(not related):
Indian-paracommandos-gomilitary.in.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^
How do you know ??? Marcos also wear the same camo sometimes.

6ib6n5.jpg
I am aware of this and with SPB and MARCOs both having identical camos and identical weapons it is now going to be heard to distinguish between the two. But my guess is based on the tactical vest that- the MARCOs tactical vest is a little different to this, the fact this guy is employed as a guard at a naval shipyard is a job not normally given to MARCOs but effectivly the sole responsibility of SPB and the fact AFAIK the MARCOs to not wear this style of combat cap but I know for a fact SPB do (a weak point I'll concede).

I am aware of this and with SPB and MARCOs both having identical camos and identical weapons it is now going to be heard to distinguish between the two.
Any force can be distinguish with their insignia or Badge.

But my guess is based on the tactical vest that- the MARCOs tactical vest is a little different to this, the fact this guy is employed as a guard at a naval shipyard is a job not normally given to MARCOs
Thats pretty vague considering the tactical vest depends on the task. I mean even Marcos can wear light tactical vest if the job doesn't require too risk.

the fact this guy is employed as a guard at a naval shipyard is a job not normally given to MARCOs but effectivly the sole responsibility of SPB and the fact AFAIK the MARCOs to not wear this style of combat cap but I know for a fact SPB do (a weak point I'll concede).
First of all you might be right but again the point stands, you don't know why this guy is standing there as a guard. I mean he might be a Marcos and he might be part of the security detail of a VVIP. You can't tell its a shipyard even.

Only thing that might support your point is that this soldier is not at all trying to hide his identity while Marcos are not fan of showing their face in public.

You can't tell its a shipyard even.
It is a pier and you can see a ship with its mooring lines (yellow colored - top right) moored to the bollard (another black bollard no:23?). Through the gap in the yellow truck, you can see a part of the ship's bow and the water body.

Also, the MARCOS patch which is usually seen on the right sleeve is absent on the personnel's sleeve. Also, no secondary firearm seen. Hence SPB.

It is a pier and you can see a ship with its mooring lines (yellow colored - top right) moored to the bollard (another black bollard no:23?). Through the gap in the yellow truck, you can see a part of the ship's bow and the water body.

Also, the MARCOS patch which is usually seen on the right sleeve is absent on the personnel's sleeve. Also, no secondary firearm seen. Hence SPB.

That picture was snapped at the dockyard during the President's Fleet Review.

Back
Top Bottom