What's new

Indian Soldier Awarded for Fighting Off 30 Train Attackers in 2010

There are only two types of men in this world in the heat of battle. Those who can perceive innocents are similar to their family members thus creating a legacy of greatness and those who care about their own ***** and wish to destroy as many as they can. This man, when he viewed the woman who was about to be raped as his own sister, showed that he is a man of destiny and a man not held back by political religious thought but a man willing to go the full mile to see the innocents of the world as his own family and die fighting for them. This is what differenciates a normal man and a man of virtue and worldly views.

Ok I've heard enough about people praising Gurkhas or their bravery :blah:

What I really want to know is how they wield the knife. I'm sure they don't go in wild slashing.

There must must be some sort of technique for the CQC.

Will 100 kitchen knife kills get me the Khukari?

The best way to earn a khukari is to earn the respect of a Nepali, or just go to Nepal and buy a souvenir!
You don't need a visa to go to Nepal.

Yeah bro I just beat up 15 guys that were torturing a kitten on the way to get cigarettes from the store.

Raaj you also can do that. If you have authority or Aresenal but here Gurkha didnt have authority only Arsenal and one of the main thing was" Self-motivation".

Even if he was not a Gurkha he would do the same with the same valor. It is not his race that made him nor his religion but his own heart. Most men will watch and say that girl is not mine nor my family why must I care? this man only saw the woman as his SISTER. How many can see that? Its not training that gives you this sight but heart from the day you were born.

Ok I've heard enough about people praising Gurkhas or their bravery :blah:

What I really want to know is how they wield the knife. I'm sure they don't go in wild slashing.

There must must be some sort of technique for the CQC.

It's a fine weapon, the upper side is about an inch in diameter and the blade is very thin, resultantly, the blade carries great mass to area ratio. It's more of a chopping weapon than a stabbing weapon, you aim for the neck and the khukari does the rest. It's also good for slashing, spills guts and stuff, the niche depression at the end of the blade stops the blood from flowing onto your handle and making the blade slip out.

Raaj you also can do that. If you have authority or Aresenal but here Gurkha didnt have authority only Arsenal and one of the main thing was" Self-motivation".

I was joking man. And my name is with a Z not J. :cheers:

There are a million knife fights on the streets of China every day. Its not the knife that gives you the edge but the swiftness to slash and back out that gives you that slight advantage. A knife with the right hand should have the left hand encircling the upper body of the left as most of the important organs are. Carrying a blade to slash and stab is the first part of the game. Creating distance for the oncoming onslaught is the second part of the game. I hope no one has to deal with knife fights but it is not a pleaseant affair

I have a number of Gurkha friends but they are from the Nepalese Army. The proud owner of 8 khukuris, I know the rush that you get just by holding the weapon, it awakens an undiscovered element within you and the khukari just seems to move itself. After that, it owns you.

It is said that once a Khukuri was drawn in battle, it had to 'taste blood' - if not, its owner had to cut himself before returning into its sheath.

It is said that once a Khukuri was drawn in battle, it had to 'taste blood' - if not, its owner had to cut himself before returning into its sheath.

I can understand why, two of my khukaris came in an ox hide sheath with two smaller khukaris of a rougher type of metal for sharpening the weapon and I can spend days sharpening it. I take it out on hunts and then clean it with lemon to avoid damaging it with commercial cleaners.

There are a million knife fights on the streets of China every day. Its not the knife that gives you the edge but the swiftness to slash and back out that gives you that slight advantage. A knife with the right hand should have the left hand encircling the upper body of the left as most of the important organs are. Carrying a blade to slash and stab is the first part of the game. Creating distance for the oncoming onslaught is the second part of the game. I hope no one has to deal with knife fights but it is not a pleaseant affair

Are you kidding me? What do they do in those knife fights, say touche? shave each other? If official numbers are to be believed very few murders happen in china, a number impossible for the vast population if there are a ''million knife fights'' in china ''daily''.

At topic - well done sir!

Back
Top Bottom