What's new

Indian Scientists Successfully Intercept Ballistic Missile

I was referring to the different phases of hitting the missile...Never claimed I was knowledgeable on the matter Almighty Queen

You are here for many months and spent most of the time in India section but now you ask such question! What next question, is there a country called India? :rolleyes:

Did you even read the news on the first page of the thread? :no:

I spent some time on this missile and test.

I have to say the progress made by DRDO is biggest than expected - I thought the gap is 40-50 years, now I realized that this missile will be comparable to our HQ-9 made in the 1980s once enter service in say 3-5 years. It is a terminal stage anti-ballistic missile, a kind of out of date tech that has been proved to be not that useful. most modern countries have already mastered such tech 30 years ago.

It also shows the damage a biased media can do to your nation - when the US is actively researching boost stage anti-ballistic missile, when China is doing the same, india is working hard on the terminal stage anti-ballistic missile and pretend that it is an advanced technology. :yahoo:

Time to wake up:

Boost stage anti-ballistic approach is much much difficult than mid course stage one, US and China are working on that.

Mid course is damn hard, KKV itself can take 10-20 years of hard research - no one is going to help you because basically no one knows how to actually do it.

Terminal stage? Well, nice research/engineering topic as a final year project for undergraduate students.

Why midcourse phase is considered to be too hard to detect. As i'm currently reading wiki pages, it gives your around 20-25 minutes to track the missile once it is known to be fired.

Lyrics after the jump.

I’ve got the reach and the teeth of a killin’ machine,

with a need to bleed you when the light goes green

best believe, I’m in a zone to be, from my Yin to my Yang to my Yang Tze

put a grin on my chin when you come to me,

‘cuz I’ll win, I’m a one-of-a-kind and I’ll bring death

to the place you’re about to be: another river of blood runnin’ under my feet

forged in a fire lit long ago, stand next to me, you’ll never stand alone

I’m last to leave, but the first to go, Lord, make me dead before you make me old

I feed on the fear of the devil inside of the enemy faces in my sights:

aim with the hand, shoot with the mind, kill with a heart like arctic ice

I am a soldier and I’m marching on

I am a warrior and this is my song

I bask in the glow of the rising war, lay waste to the ground of an enemy shore

wade through the blood spilled on the floor, and if another one stands I’ll kill some more

bullet in the breach and a fire in me, like a cigarette thrown, to gasoline

if death don’t bring you fear, I swear, you’ll fear these marchin’ feet

Come to the nightmare, come to me, deep down in the dark where the devil be

in the maw with the jaws and the razor teeth,

where the brimstone burns and the angel weeps

call to the gods if I cross your path and my silhouette hangs like a body bag

hope is a moment now long past, the shadow of death is the one I cast.

my eyes are steel and my gaze is long

now I live lean and I mean to inflict the grief,

and the least of me is still out of your reach

the killing machine’s gonna do the deed,

until the river runs dry and my last breath leaves

chin in the air with a head held high,

I’ll stand in the path of the enemy line

feel no fear, know my pride:

for God and Country I’ll end your life

my eyes are steel and my gaze is long

I spent some time on this missile and test.

I have to say the progress made by DRDO is biggest than expected - I thought the gap is 40-50 years, now I realized that this missile will be comparable to our HQ-9 made in the 1980s once enter service in say 3-5 years. It is a terminal stage anti-ballistic missile, a kind of out of date tech that has been proved to be not that useful. most modern countries have already mastered such tech 30 years ago.

It also shows the damage a biased media can do to your nation - when the US is actively researching boost stage anti-ballistic missile, when China is doing the same, india is working hard on the terminal stage anti-ballistic missile and pretend that it is an advanced technology. :yahoo:

Time to wake up:

Boost stage anti-ballistic approach is much much difficult than mid course stage one, US and China are working on that.

Mid course is damn hard, KKV itself can take 10-20 years of hard research - no one is going to help you because basically no one knows how to actually do it.

Terminal stage? Well, nice research/engineering topic as a final year project for undergraduate students.

Dude dont even compare hq9 with PDV. You can at max compare it with akash SAM. Hq9 has limited anti-ballistic capability and it max speed is 2 MACH (HongQi 9 (HQ-9) Surface-to-Air Missile System - SinoDefence.com). with 2 mach you want to intercept a ballistic missile??

guys lest get on topic..i have some doubts....

today it was AAD tested successfully....right

it is(aad) a endo atmosphere defense missile while PAD is exo..

And in Wiki it says AAD has
Detonation
mechanism Kinetic Kill (Hit-to-Kill)
Indian Ballistic Missile Defense Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

is it true and which mechanism it used today proximity or kinetic kill??????
Lets keep this discussion clean..

Congratulations to bhai log on this happy news. I am overjoyed by this event.

Let there be more success like this for all our endeavors.

Thank you DRDO for providing this nation with such tech and congrats on this success.

guys lest get on topic..i have some doubts....

today it was AAD tested successfully....right

it is(aad) a endo atmosphere defense missile while PAD is exo..

And in Wiki it says AAD has
Detonation
mechanism Kinetic Kill (Hit-to-Kill)
Indian Ballistic Missile Defense Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

is it true and which mechanism it used today proximity or kinetic kill??????
Lets keep this discussion clean..

Yes its AAD test today. AAD is for eno atmospheric interception (altitude between 15km to 30km). Its mainly terminal phase interception. PAD (or its improved version PDV) is for kill zone up to 80km altitude for a 2,000km range ballistic missile. The PAD has the capability to engage missiles with speed of 5km/sec. The PAD cruises at speed of Mach 5, but it has the capability to attain a peak terminal speed of up to Mach 11. An improved version of PAD called PDV will be tested by this year. The PDV will be able to engage at altitude of 100km (exo-atmospheric and will also be used for mid-course intercept). In future DRDO will develop hypersonic missile (AD-1 and AD-2) intercept ballistic missiles with a range of around 5,000 km.

which mechanism it used today proximity or kinetic kill??????
its kinetic kill with gimbaled directional warhead. The warhead detonates in the direction of the target, not 360 detonation.

Guys wat is KKV (detonations mechanism)full form...?????

KKV stands for Kinetic Kill vehicle ..as the name suggest this missile carries no warhead but vaporises the target missile due to impact itself, as collision takes place at high hypersonic relative velocity.

Yes its AAD test today. AAD is for eno atmospheric interception (altitude between 15km to 30km). Its mainly terminal phase interception. PAD (or its improved version PDV) is for kill zone up to 80km altitude for a 2,000km range ballistic missile. The PAD has the capability to engage missiles with speed of 5km/sec. The PAD cruises at speed of Mach 5, but it has the capability to attain a peak terminal speed of up to Mach 11. An improved version of PAD called PDV will be tested by this year. The PDV will be able to engage at altitude of 100km (exo-atmospheric and will also be used for mid-course intercept). In future DRDO will develop hypersonic missile (AD-1 and AD-2) intercept ballistic missiles with a range of around 5,000 km.

which mechanism it used today proximity or kinetic kill??????
its kinetic kill with gimbaled directional warhead. The warhead detonates in the direction of the target, not 360 detonation.

So altitude range for AAD is 15-30km

And for PAD or (PDV) upto 100km??

When we gonna test PAD??

Back
Top Bottom