What's new

Indian Scientists Successfully Intercept Ballistic Missile

There is no S 300 in INDIA :coffee:

India has bought six S-300 batteries in August 1995 for $1 billion, probably the S-300PMU-2 version, believed to consist of 48 missiles per system. These will most likely be used in the short-range ballistic-missile defence (BMD) role against Pakistani Ballistic missiles.
source-wikipedia

Like how did you say a satellite will replace a radar's Job???

Guidance for BMD will be real time based upon Glonass input. Target acquisition and navigation too will be based on the same. Sir, I think you should visit "real" defense forums more instead of wasting your time in pseudo-defence-social-networking forums :lol:

But sir Akash's speed as not good enough against ballistic missiles. It may have limited ABM capability like all SAMs but we cannot call it ABM. Above all its not designed to destroy ballistic missile which have completely different from those of aircrafts or cruise missiles.

Akash can defence against highly maneuverable aircrafts and cruise missiles while AAD is good for high speed ballistic missiles.

I do not know much, I too have searched the Internet , Have gathered these Informations and Have Posted it.... Well As I said, AAd and PDV must be better than Akash as Akash does not assure full superiority, Its Not made for that role, it has been filled with limited Anti Ballistic Missile capability to dodge any Maneuver by an Aircraft , and ballistic Missiles attain Hypersonic speeds in its flight, so obviously cannot be a smooth target for Akash... But I was answering to the Person who thinks our Skies are Vulnerable...

Guidance for BMD will be real time based upon Glonass input. Target acquisition and navigation too will be based on the same. I think you should visit "real" defense forums morerather than pseudo-defence-social-forums :lol:

Guy?? How does a Satellite do the job of a Radar is my question....

Green pine is for Indian BMD for its initial phases of development.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Guy?? How does a Satellite do the job of a Radar is my question....

Why cant a geo-stat satellite provide real time input to the seeker of BMD missile?? Havent you heard Techsar is a SAR (Synthetic aperture Radar) Although for different purpose.

Havent you heard of Glonass at all?

Who said that Green Pine radar is associated with S-300? We bought mainly for Green Pine for studying the system and initial development of missile defence. Now we got LRTR.
green pine was bought with the arrow but usa stopped the sale of arrow.so we associated it with radar development to use with aad ,pd

This is today's news!

Missile interceptor successfully tested - Hindustan Times:cheers:

India on Sunday successfully tested a ballistic missile interceptor from a defence base in Orissa, an official said. The home grown interceptor was fired from Wheeler Island off the state coast near Dhamra in Bhadrak district, about 170 km from Bhubaneswar, few minutes after the target missile was fired from a different location.

"It was a fantastic mission. It successfully hit the target," SP Dash, director of the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur, told IANS. :smokin:

The target, a variant of the Prithvi II, lifted off from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur in Balasore district, about 70 km from Wheeler Island across the sea.

With no cross checking party like in the case of Arjun and Tejas, DRDO is having field day(s) celebrating its unverified success. Who knows, may be they will even succeed in making the government induct it into strategic command. Because there are no testing department there, heck the department itself is nascent except for the nuclear experts.

India has bought six S-300 batteries in August 1995 for $1 billion, probably the S-300PMU-2 version, believed to consist of 48 missiles per system. These will most likely be used in the short-range ballistic-missile defence (BMD) role against Pakistani Ballistic missiles.
source-wikipedia

Rumour based news ... INDIA got none S 300 plz...

Some variations of the Brahmos cruise missile and many future weapons being developed on the concept of "network-centric warfare" would depend on satellite navigation for precision, and Glonass is the only option, said Dr VK Saraswat few days earlier.

A number of Indian-built military satellites with surveillance, imaging and navigation capabilities are planned for launch in the next few years, to both keep “a watch on the neighborhood and help guide cruise missiles” should the need emerge, says V. K. Saraswat, scientific adviser to the defense minister. “[The satellites] will have tremendous applications.”

India Aims High With Satellite Technology

Back
Top Bottom