What's new

Indian Scientists Successfully Intercept Ballistic Missile

come on the aad pad needs years to become fully operational.
the green pine radar which comes with the arrow is itslf a great produt and ready to use

Arrow will take more years to become operational. Its not easy to deploy a foreign missile defence system and connect it with Indian air defence network. Above all there is no question of Arrow, no one is talking about it. Its like buying Mig-21 when we have our own Mig-35.

India working on tech to defend satellites

NEW DELHI: India's remote sensing satellites face threat from space debris created by China's anti-satellite test in 2007, the government has said.

Stating its policy on militarisation of space in Parliament, the government said, "India is strongly opposed to any attempt to place weapons in space or conducting any unconventional weapons tests in space as it would pose a perennial threat to all space systems regardless of their use for civilian or military purposes."

India's concerns regarding China are behind the revival of ballistic missile defence (BMD) discussions between India and the US. However, sources said, due to Obama adminsitration's fundamental objection to BMD there is no agreement on when the next round of talks would be held. A possible acquisition of the Arrow from Israel or Patriot 3 from the US is also part of India's missile defence programme.

Separately, India is working on technology to be able to defend its satellites. A few weeks ago, V K Saraswat, scientific adviser to the defence minister, said in Bangalore, "our country does not have a policy to attack anybody in space. But as part of the ballistic missile defence programme, we have all the technology elements required to integrate a system through which we can defend our satellites or take care of future requirements."

In a rare admission, the government said China's ability to conduct an ASAT test -- the ability to destroy a satellite in space -- was, by its very nature a threat to Indian security.

Quoting international space surveillance agencies, they said, China's test immediately created millions of pieces of debris of size 1 mm to 1 cm, 40,000 pieces between 1 cm and 10 cm, 800 pieces more than 10 cm. It's the last lot that is particularly dangerous to satellites. These debris also collide among themselves and break up into smaller pieces, and according to US estimates, 97% of them remain in orbit.

While some countries are debating laws that prevent weaponisation of space, there's no real law in circulation yet. The government said two UN treaties regarding activities and exploration of moon and other bodies do stress on using space for peaceful purposes. But due to ambiguities in interpretation, the government said, certain countries were conducting these tests.

India working on tech to defend satellites - The Times of India

Akash is a tested Anti Ballistic Missile, not only an Anti Aircraft one.... And is there anyone who is keeping his hands on the red button to rain missiles on us?

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

???? what??

accordin to wiki aad ,pad are under development.
we cant take chances on atom bomb or nuclear bomb.

Akash is a tested Anti Ballistic Missile, not only an Anti Aircraft one.... And is there anyone who is keeping his hands on the red button to rain missiles on us?]

Sirjee, one correction, Akash is a SAM which is capable of defending against low flying cruise missiles, choppers, aircrafts etc. Not an anti-ballistic missile.

accordin to wiki aad ,pad are under development.
we cant take chances on atom bomb or nuclear bomb

But tell me who is keeping his hands on the red button to nuke us?? China cannot as it has a no first use policy like ours.... To the distant far I see no one who could dare do it in the distant future...

Arrow will take more years to become operational. Its not easy to deploy a foreign missile defence system and connect it with Indian air defence network. Above all there is no question of Arrow, no one is talking about it. Its like buying Mig-21 when we have our own Mig-35.

our main air defence are the s-300s
so i dont think its tough to get them operational

Sirjee, one correction, Akash is a SAM which is capable of defending against low flying cruise missiles, choppers, aircrafts etc. Not an anti-ballistic missile.

MIM104 patriot has been US army's Anti ballistic Missile for years.... Akash which gives a total air defence missile coverage of 2,000 km²., It has been tested in anti ballistic missile roles, It cannot be compared with AAD and PDV but, It sure does the job better than the contemporaries , And Akash has been tested only on fast moving targets, that too simultaneous engagement of two fast moving targets...If a Missile which does not assure thrust in its full course has been a front line air defense system for long, why not a System which has a full thrust in its entire course and gives better precision?

But tell me who is keeping his hands on the red button to nuke us?? China cannot as it has a no first use policy like ours.... To the distant far I see no one who could dare do it in the distant future...
i wll be happy with a operational arrow than a developing aad, pad.i will not buy the arguement that pak,china wont attack us now

i wll be happy with a operational arrow than a developing aad, pad.i will not buy the arguement that pak,china wont attack us now

Wait for it, only nations who are sure to keep there air space clean can dare attack us.... So please, a conventional war any day any time, we are there...

our main air defence are the s-300s
so i dont think its tough to get them operational

Wat about akash?? its also used for air defence. No single system can fill all the roles of the air defence. You need point defence, area defence etc. AAd and PDV are specialized systems targeting ballistics missile. If need arises they can be converted to long range SAMs (150 Km range) just like S300.

MIM104 patriot has been US army's Anti ballistic Missile for years.... Akash which gives a total air defence missile coverage of 2,000 km²., It has been tested in anti ballistic missile roles, It cannot be compared with AAD and PDV but, It sure does the job better than the contemporaries , And Akash has been tested only on fast moving targets, that too simultaneous engagement of two fast moving targets...

once again
AKASH SAM is not suitable for ABM role because it lack Active Seekers and Homing Device unlike AAD and PDV . ALSO AKASH SAM maximum speed is Mach 2.5 again not suitable for ABM role unlike AAD and PDV whose MAX speed is 4.5mach ,perfect to intercept high speed incoming ballistic missile... cheers

MIM104 patriot has been US army's Anti ballistic Missile for years.... Akash which gives a total air defence missile coverage of 2,000 km²., It has been tested in anti ballistic missile roles, It cannot be compared with AAD and PDV but, It sure does the job better than the contemporaries , And Akash has been tested only on fast moving targets, that too simultaneous engagement of two fast moving targets...

But sir Akash's speed is not good enough against ballistic missiles. It may have limited ABM capability like all SAMs but we cannot call it ABM. Above all its not designed to destroy ballistic missile which have completely different trajectory from those of aircrafts or cruise missiles.

Akash can defend against highly maneuverable aircrafts and cruise missiles while AAD is good for high speed ballistic missiles.

Back
Top Bottom