What's new

Indian RFP for six new-generation submarines

SSBN is not as advance as an AIP system. Its a 1960s technology. Also, I am not try to troll. I'm asking a serious question. Next???
Building an SSBN is as much a challenge today as it was in the 1960s. You can't launch a nautilus in 2010 and claim it is a nuke sub- it has to be as quiet and modern as the subs today. At all levels, construction, engineering, electronics, systems...an SSBN today is far more evolved than what it was in the 1960s. The challenges of developing/buiding AIP propulsion is nowhere close to what is needed in technological mastery over nuclear engineering, minaturization and integration for a modern nuke sub.
(please lord...why did u tempt me to answer that question??)

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

and then to actually click 'submit'

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

I know I will regret this...

DRDO has done a lot work on AIP and fuel cell technologies and in last two years achieved crucial breakthroughs.
Any links bro? Curious. My brains have been so clued to arihant, I didn't bother to check on the other stuff till now.

Rs 50,000 crores = $10.71 billion

6 submarines = $ 10.71 billion

1 submarine = $ 1.785 billion

DUDE. Aren't the ATVs in the range of 1-2 B? Y would we pay the same cost to build 2000T conventional subs as we pay for the ATV? :what:

Building an SSBN is as much a challenge today as it was in the 1960s. You can't launch a nautilus in 2010 and claim it is a nuke sub- it has to be as quiet and modern as the subs today. At all levels, construction, engineering, electronics, systems...an SSBN today is far more evolved than what it was in the 1960s. The challenges of developing/buiding AIP propulsion is nowhere close to what is needed in technological mastery over nuclear engineering, minaturization and integration for a modern nuke sub.
(please lord...why did u tempt me to answer that question??)

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

and then to actually click 'submit'

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

I know I will regret this...

nautilius is not a SSBN submarine. Its a nuclear sub but not a SSBN sub. So a ssbn submarine doesn't need to be so quiet, it would be nice to be quiet but what make a ssbn sub is nucelar propulsion and ballaistic missiles of any size would do.

nautilius is not a SSBN submarine. Its a nuclear sub but not a SSBN sub. So a ssbn submarine doesn't need to be so quiet, it would be nice to be quiet but what make a ssbn sub is nucelar propulsion and ballaistic missiles of any size would do.

:what: How do you do that? U just cooked that whole thing out of ur imagination...just like that. Yes, nautilus was not an SSBN, I referred to it coz it was a nuke sub...u can't take a nuke sub of the yesteryears n deploy it today though both are nuke subs.

:what: How do you do that? U just cooked that whole thing out of ur imagination...just like that. Yes, nautilus was not an SSBN, I referred to it coz it was a nuke sub...u can't take a nuke sub of the yesteryears n deploy it today though both are nuke subs.

Well, what I'm saying is that SSBN was created in the 1960s. You mentioned that India had created a technologically more advanced and someone said SSBN. I disagree that an SSBN is more advanced at all compare to an IAP system. Other wise, we would have created any kind of IAP sytem back in the 1960s first prior to create an SSBN.

Well, what I'm saying is that SSBN was created in the 1960s. You mentioned that India had created a technologically more advanced and someone said SSBN. I disagree that an SSBN is more advanced at all compare to an IAP system. Other wise, we would have created any kind of IAP sytem back in the 1960s first prior to create an SSBN.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: U've MADE MY DAY MAN....:rofl::rofl: Next time, tell me about the pot your smokimg...:rofl:

YOU REALLY HAVE NO F***IN CLUE of what ur talking about, right??? .......:rofl::partay:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: U've MADE MY DAY MAN....:rofl::rofl: Next time, tell me about the pot your smokimg...:rofl:

YOU REALLY HAVE NO F***IN CLUE of what ur talking about, right??? .......:rofl::partay:

We created SSBN in the 1960s. Its a 1960s technology. What India had create in Arihant cannot be compare to the Ohio class sub. Arihant is more closely related to Lafayette class or a Madison class sub and the missile in Arihant is more closely resemble a Polaris missile.

On the other hand, IAP is a 1990s technology. Its important to realize that other countries besides India can develop technology and when those technology was first used can give us an idea of how "advanced" is the technology. So IAP is actually a more advance technology. Also, tracer fire from rifles is "more advance" than a A bomb. More advance is not related to more fire power.

On the other hand, IAP is a 1990s technology. Its important to realize that other countries besides India can develop technology and when those technology was first used can give us an idea of how "advanced" is the technology. So IAP is actually a more advance technology. Also, tracer fire from rifles is "more advance" than a A bomb. More advance is not related to more fire power.

you are correct in saying that nuclear subs are 60s technology,but question is are those subs developed in 60 s deployable against todays sensors .computers are also where there in 60s tell me which are advanced todays or of 60s

I thought we were talking about AIP propulsion..are we still on track..?

DRDO has done a lot work on AIP and fuel cell technologies and in last two years achieved crucial breakthroughs.

Yes...i just came to know that one scientist was given some award for AIP..that means something is cooking..good for IN...

Yes...i just came to know that one scientist was given some award for AIP..that means something is cooking..good for IN...

So this was my pont, when one country can put the nuclear reactor in a sub doesn't mean that it can create AIP system as these are two separate technology. Also, its widely speculated that Bush provided nuclear reactor technology and ABM technology to India. What do u guys think?

I didn't know that China had nuclear submarine in the 60s!!! :whistle:

I do not live in China. I'm from the US. US has nuclear subs in mid 50s and by early 60s, we had our first ballistic missile subs. China had theirs in the 70s and 80s, I believe. So India nuclear submarine technology is about 50 years behind that of the US.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom