What's new

Indian retaliation: Australian man stabbed by Indians, Australian's car torched

Even in China if you are not a Hun,

Tibetans hate the Chinese Huns, Tha Japs hate the Chinese Huns

It's NOT HUN!!!! It's HAN!!!! Hun is another Asian people (closer to Mongolians, Japanese, and Koreans). You've probably heard Attila the Hun (he was the Emperor of Hunnic Empire).

Han is referring to the majority of people in China. All people China is called Chinese, whether, Tibetan, Uighur, Korean, or Han.

Mr. Communist your argument, typically in any thread you revert to the caste system. Apparently you are blind sited by the jesture of the GoI banning such things, but the perception of people will take time. Long as you understand this you can keep on ranting about it..

There is a song, "I am not the only one". Good one.

Is caste prejudice still an issue?

Some excerpts:

Reena Jaisiah is a 29-year-old teacher and arts director from Coventry. She was raised by parents from a Punjabi background who were not particularly religious, but were from the Dalit community, a group of people who are considered to be ritually unclean by Hindus.

Reena's parents rejected the caste system, but did not tell her about her background - which led to questions from schoolmates and ultimately, bullying when they discovered that she was a Dalit.

"People with a strong religious feeling always want to know what caste you are", she says.

"My parents encouraged me to conceal my background, but I felt inferior to children from other castes."

Reena also encountered prejudice while at university and says she can still see the caste system at work today amongst Hindu schoolchildren, with pupils exhibiting a form of "caste consciousness" by treating others according to their perceived place in society.

The Indian government made caste discrimination unlawful in 1976, though it is still practised in some areas. So why is the problem continuing, and will any Indian reform affect British communities?

Babu Gogineni is from the International Humanist and Ethical Association, one of the conference organisers. He believes that political reform in India will not solve caste prejudice.

Reena Jaisiah, however, is in no doubt that her Dalit origins still cast a shadow over her life. "I own a shop in Coventry and there is one customer - who is from the higher Brahmin caste - who keeps asking me what caste I am. "She still refuses to take the change from my hand when I serve her."

BBC NEWS | UK | Is caste prejudice still an issue?

I can sing the song. Can you?

A Times of India report:

Jet offloads Australian for abusing crew - India - The Times of India

CHENNAI: The crew of a Dubai-Chennai Jet Airways flight had a tough time after an Australian national locked himself up inside the toilet for more than 30-minutes mid-air on Monday. When he came out, he allegedly abused the cabin crew and refused to apologise. The police were called after the flight landed at Chennai at 10.30 pm.

However, he was let off and no case was registered as he apologised to the Jet Airways officials. Sources said that the passenger, who was upgraded from economy to business class, had consumed liquor and had gone to the toilet when the flight was on its way to Chennai. As the toilet displayed the occupied sign for a long time, the passengers informed the crew. They knocked on the door anxious to know about the condition of the passenger inside.

When he came out, he started questioning the crew why they had knocked on the door. The crew tried to explain that they were worried about his condition, said a Jet Airways official. The passenger started abusing an air hostess and demanded that he wanted to meet the captain of the aircraft, the sources said. Meanwhile, the sign telling passengers to fasten their seat belts was displayed, as the flight had started to land at Chennai airport. The Australian refused to occupy his seat even after repeated requests from the crew. The pilot informed the airport about the incident and CISF personnel came to accompany the passenger to the police station.

Note the underlined word, 'allegedly'.

And your attempt is to brand all Australian whites racists and call Australia a land of racism at the cost of some Indians who live in Australia. Excellent!!! I do not know what the hidden objective is.

I cannot remember if I asked you about your skin color. I have no vested interests in knowing your skin color as its none of my business and its not gonna earn me extra bucks. So you be happy with whatever skin color you possess.

And I am not here under any compulsion to please every body. So if you dislike my posts, sorry, I cannot help. Yes I can suggest you to ignore me and my posts. I cannot remain answerable to you all the time and I cannot try to remember all the conversations I might have made with you. Actually I have got some other jobs to do.

I did not say Tibetans and Japanese are racists. And i never talked about WW2 anywhere as far as I can see there. Actually my eyes are not covered my glasses of any color. So my sights are clean.

And as far as my intention is concerned, I started this thread to make an open discussion on Indian retaliation which itself is violent and racist in character though there is no proof that all the earlier attacks on Indians were racists and also to say that racism is everywhere, in Indian caste system also.

I posted the skin colour comment -explain that one. You don't need to look it up for me.. I already did. And don't try to hide behind the WW2 story - you very well know that the term you used for Japanese was racist.

And I never said anything about Australians or made a generalization. Please point to my post if any. My only comment on this thread earlier was to say that "hope the culprits get arrested".

My question to AM was asking what his stance was. I cannot see an easily discernible method to his actions. And frankly, I'd rather speak up when I see bigotry in any form rather than keep silent. Old German saying...

"In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;
And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;
And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;
And then... they came for me... And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

If I am wrong, I'll learn from errors if I speak up. If I am right, I should always speak up.

BBC NEWS | UK | Is caste prejudice still an issue?

I can sing the song. Can you?

A Times of India report:

Jet offloads Australian for abusing crew - India - The Times of India

Sir, with all due respect, you are preaching to the converted.

We all are very well aware of the problems related to caste system in India. Most of the material you would have read would have come out of Indian media only. If you wish to prove it to Indians that it is a problem, we already realise the same. I think we (Indians) are more likely to have encountered the articles than someone researching the topic for the sake of an online debate. A number of people have and are suffering because of this evil practice.

If you are trying to teach Pakistani / Bangladeshi people, I have seen their Urdu media do a very "commendable" job in this regrads.

Incidentally, if India bashing is your motive, then please go ahead an tripe as much as you wish.

It would probably be the first case where I will be requesting a thread starter not to derail his own thread. IFAI remember topic was Indian retaliation to the racial attacks. For the same you must also pay heed to what Australians have to say about them:
Blind eye to racism | The Australian
The Hindu : National : “Some attacks were racially motivated”

So your claim that - "there is no proof that all the earlier attacks on Indians were racists does not hold water.

Then you move on to mention that

See, thats an internal political issue of Australia, I must not comment on that. Let them deal with each other in their own political manner.
Where as any Indian matter does not qualify as "internal issue".

if you were not busy collecting media clippings about caste system, you would have come across Indian govt.'s response to retaliation by Indian students, which advises them to "exercise restraint".

Sir caste system is a bane to society and will be eradicated in time, but connecting attacks on innocent students to a social evil does not to justice to their plight.

Sir, with all due respect, you are preaching to the converted.

It would probably be the first case where I will be requesting a thread starter not to derail his own thread. IFAI remember topic was Indian retaliation to the racial attacks. For the same you must also pay heed to what Australians have to say about them:
Blind eye to racism | The Australian
The Hindu : National : “Some attacks were racially motivated”

So your claim that - "there is no proof that all the earlier attacks on Indians were racists does not hold water.

Then you move on to mention that

Sir caste system is a bane to society and will be eradicated in time, but connecting attacks on innocent students to a social evil does not to justice to their plight.

I appreciate your views. Perhaps, you are right. But I think, it would be too early to draw any conclusion. Still I do not believe, Australian whites are racists. It must be remembered that the issue of racism has been addressed by the white people first all over the world. But it feels bad, when I see, always a white person is blamed for racism one-sidedly. Why should a white be racist always and why cannot be a brown/dark skinned?

By the caste issue I wanted to say a racist has no right to point a finger at another person who is supposedly considered a racist.

By the caste issue I wanted to say a racist has no right to point a finger at another person who is supposedly considered a racist.

Care to explain how your question to me is not racist ?

Here is what you asked me (in the post I linked to earlier)

Let me know whether you are genetically an Aryan/fair Skinned or Dravidian/colored? Because without knowing your ethnic identity, I will remain confused on which side you are.

What the hell does my genetics have to do with what side I take?

Still I do not believe, Australian whites are racists.

I guess you fail to differentiate between accusing Australians of being racist and condemning attacks having racial motivation. Former would imply a large scale generalization and portraying entire Australian population as Racist and the latter points at isolated incidents as having racist motivation. Basically accusing a group of individuals rather than the entire society.

No-one is saying that entire Australian population is racist, infact the PM has himself strongly condemned these incidents. Just that there are sections of people who are infected with a racial superiority complex and no words would be harsh enough to denounce the wrong-doings of this group.

I hope we do find some ground of mutual agreement here.

I appreciate your views. Perhaps, you are right. But I think, it would be too early to draw any conclusion. Still I do not believe, Australian whites are racists. It must be remembered that the issue of racism has been addressed by the white people first all over the world. But it feels bad, when I see, always a white person is blamed for racism one-sidedly. Why should a white be racist always and why cannot be a brown/dark skinned?

So, what you truly are saying in this matter is Indians are racist genetically, so they are the ones who has brought this amongst themselves.

Racism is Racism. By the way do you now the difference between prejeduce and biggotry?

Care to explain how your question to me is not racist ?

Here is what you asked me (in the post I linked to earlier)

Let me know whether you are genetically an Aryan/fair Skinned or Dravidian/colored? Because without knowing your ethnic identity, I will remain confused on which side you are.

What the hell does my genetics have to do with what side I take?

You are still using an old statement of mine out of its relevant context. What kind of trick is this? I am sorry if you are unnecessarily hurt by anyhow, but I never wanted to insult you. Nor did I try to interiorize you or me. You had informed me, you are originally from south India, but I could not see transparency in your opinion about the great Dravidian culture. I therefore just asked you to give me one information. So if someone asks you about your nationality or religion or education, does that mean racism to you?

I guess you fail to differentiate between accusing Australians of being racist and condemning attacks having racial motivation. Former would imply a large scale generalization and portraying entire Australian population as Racist and the latter points at isolated incidents as having racist motivation. Basically accusing a group of individuals rather than the entire society.

No-one is saying that entire Australian population is racist, infact the PM has himself strongly condemned these incidents. Just that there are sections of people who are infected with a racial superiority complex and no words would be harsh enough to denounce the wrong-doings of this group.

I hope we do find some ground of mutual agreement here.

How can one say that racial motivation is the common source of all the isolated incidents? Why has the so called racial motivation arisen suddenly and how has it created hatred among Australian whites exclusively against Indians?

Had there been any element of racism, other non-Indian migrants would have joined the Indians also. But nobody has done that. Why?

How can you even say that a group is committing such crimes out of racial superiority complex?

I cannot agree. One or two cases could be so, but not all incidents.

You are still using an old statement of mine out of its relevant context. What kind of trick is this? I am sorry if you are unnecessarily hurt by anyhow, but I never wanted to insult you. Nor did I try to interiorize you or me. You had informed me, you are originally from south India, but I could not see transparency in your opinion about the great Dravidian culture. I therefore just asked you to give me one information. So if someone asks you about your nationality or religion or education, does that mean racism to you?

Thanks for the apology. Accepted. That puts that to rest.

What I specifically am against is this -- you generalize(d) things based on individual instances. For example: Asking for "transparency in your opinion about the great Dravidian culture". Not everyone thinks of themselves as Dravidian/Aryan - Actually that sort of a divide is the minority opinion in India. There is no sense of inferiority attached to either culture and most people think of themselves as Indian first. There are no racial surveys done in India by govt and it is unlikely to succeed if ever done. I hate(d) the underlying generalization that my views are somehow based on my skin colour. There is no reason for it to be so, I have faced no bias based on my looks.
(Based on language, maybe, certainly a bunch of jokes, but I speak more than one language so I can give back all I get).

Asking somebody for their skin colour to judge their views, in my opinion is racism. I can't understand how it cannot be. Opinions are NOT tied to skin colour.

I understand that Tamilian (Dravidian is too general) culture was pretty cool when it came to social liberalism (rest of South Indian cultures -results vary) . But I see no point in either loving people for their past or hating some others for what people who lived in the area 300 years ago did.

I'd like to see you turning each thread into some mudslinging about how all Indians are colour biased or racist/casteist. And keep an open mind -that would really make me happy.

How can one say that racial motivation is the common source of all the isolated incidents? Why has the so called racial motivation arisen suddenly and how has it created hatred among Australian whites exclusively against Indians?

Surely one can say they are the reason for most of the incidents. Specially if the local police is accepting it and so is the Australian Govt. Views of an individual on a India bashing spree are hardly the logic they would want to hide behind. Racial motivation has not arisen suddenly, just that they have reached a threshold beyond which they were bound to come to lime light.

Had there been any element of racism, other non-Indian migrants would have joined the Indians also. But nobody has done that. Why?

Leave alone non-indian migrants, even Australians can be seen holding Placards in support of Indians. I am not going on a goose chase for that. You seem to be pretty adept at googling - go ahead and search.

How can you even say that a group is committing such crimes out of racial superiority complex?
I can say that because investigation by Police is saying so.

If you fail to reach a mutual agreement, then we can agree to disagree. For me simple fact that their Indian origin makes them target of attack is sufficient reason to believe that they have a racial motivation.

Not the first time, read up on Cronulla riots.The target then was Middle easterners/ Muslims. Some say it was started when some people asked women to "cover up" but the rest of it was a mess with the racist fringe piling on.

INDIA has called for its students in Australia to show restraint in the face of a series of violent attacks against them, after more than 200 Indians protested on the streets and exacted a "vigilante" reprisal attack on a group of Middle Eastern men

THE assault of two Indian men by a group of Lebanese men which sparked a reprisal attack and prompted angry protests, was not racially motivated, police say.

Police were called to Wigram Street at Harris Park, in Sydney's west, just before 9pm (AEST) on Monday after an Indian man in his early 20s was attacked by a group of Lebanese men.

perspective thanks.

Back
Top Bottom