What's new

Indian retaliation: Australian man stabbed by Indians, Australian's car torched

Supposedly he said "Teri Maa Ki ..." which is not a nice thing to say but is not racist.

Well, the cricket board found the word monkey (bandar) highly offensive and racist. "Teri Maa Ki..." did not create any problem.

Well, the cricket board found the word monkey (bandar) highly offensive and racist. "Teri Maa Ki..." did not create any problem.

He never used the word "bandar". It was Symonds who accused Harbhajan since he "thought" thats what he had said.

Coming to the attacks, I think retaliation is not the right way. An eye for an eye, will turn the whole world blind- MK Gandhi

Coming to the attacks, I think retaliation is not the right way. An eye for an eye, will turn the whole world blind- MK Gandhi

Absolutely. I think there must have been some kind of misunderstanding due to the lack of communication. A particular Australian social group might have been deprived someway and their acts are the manifestation of that vented anger. May be, they want to draw the attention of their own govt. May be, they feel insecure. We must remember, we are passing through a global economic recession. When economy is disbalanced, society faces the impacts.

True. I don't think stabbing someone is a good way to respond to a taunt (racist or otherwise). The protests that the students were holding were peaceful and were getting results and then someone goes and takes the violent path.
Hopefully the police can catch the culprits and truth will come out.

we are passing through a global economic recession. When economy is disbalanced, society faces the impacts

I don't think economy is a factor in this case. Australia has been known for "Land of Racism." If you ain't white you ain't no Aussie, a black dude from America told me. But the white Aussies seem to forget that they stole the land from the Aborigines.

I think it's about time for non-whites to pressure the Australian government to take serious actions on crimes against races. The government should pass a law on hate crimes.

I don't think economy is a factor in this case. Australia has been known for "Land of Racism." If you ain't white you ain't no Aussie, a black dude from America told me. But the white Aussies seem to forget that they stole the land from the Aborigines.

I think it's about time for non-whites to pressure the Australian government to take serious actions on crimes against races. The government should pass a law on hate crimes.

Who has not stolen lands from aborigines? The Anglo-Saxons, the French, the Aryans everyone has stolen lands from Aborigines. In wildlife nature follows the rules of Darwinism, survival of the fittest. In human society sometimes same rules are also followed. You cannot blame any single person in this context. Everyone is guilty.

Now if Australian whites were lucky to be the first occupiers, then its their legitimate right to claim the land belongs to them exclusively. Of course, the decision should be from a legal body, the govt for example. If whites in a great number go to India and settle there, will the Indians make them enjoy same citizenship rights as enjoyed by the Indians?

The last thread on this issue was closed because of derogatory generalizations such as these, and some users banned. Don't turn this thread into the same thing.

Accusing Australians of being racist or Australia of being a racist nation is not acceptable, nor is it acceptable.

There are bad apples in any nation - stay civil while discussing this please, there are Australians who post/visit here as well.

Who has not stolen lands from aborigines? The Anglo-Saxons, the French, the Aryans everyone has stolen lands from Aborigines. In wildlife nature follows the rules of Darwinism, survival of the fittest. In human society sometimes same rules are also followed. You cannot blame any single person in this context. Everyone is guilty.

Chill out dude. No need to get a heart attack over this!!! You are missing the point, totally. The white Aussies cannot claim Australia is exclusively their land if they stole it from the Aborigines.

Second, the Aborigines are the indigenous people of Australia only not India, Europe, or whatever. BTW, when will the Australian government compensate them??? The government did make an apology recently to the Aborigines for treating them inhumanely in the past.

Chill out dude. No need to get a heart attack over this!!! You are missing the point, totally. The white Aussies cannot claim Australia is exclusively their land if they stole it from the Aborigines.

Second, the Aborigines are the indigenous people of Australia only not India, Europe, or whatever. BTW, when will the Australian government compensate them??? The government did make an apology recently to the Aborigines for treating them inhumanely in the past.

See, thats an internal political issue of Australia, I must not comment on that. Let them deal with each other in their own political manner.

Yes, I hope, the aborigines of Australia are compensated enough soon. By the way, the aborigines of India are still not compensated also. And the Indian government has yet not made any apology to them unlike the Australian government. On the contrary, Indians claim that they are also aborigines, though international academics say a different thing. How about that?

The last thread on this issue was closed because of derogatory generalizations such as these, and some users banned. Don't turn this thread into the same thing.

Accusing Australians of being racist or Australia of being a racist nation is not acceptable, nor is it acceptable.

There are bad apples in any nation - stay civil while discussing this please, there are Australians who post/visit here as well.

Thanks for spelling that out clearly. I always wondered about the sweeping bans on that previous thread - can we add that to the list of rules for forum ? Say something like "Do not generalize racial statements" or something like that.The generalization is what trips the whole discussion up.

BTW, How is it OK to say "Indians follow Caste system - which is racism" on the same thread ? Irrespective of how much Indians say that it is not a state-approved policy or that it is not racism, that canard comes up all the time.
Here for example, from the thread creator.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...dians-australians-car-torched.html#post395289

Dunno if this should be a personal message to moderator or not, but being a thread on racism it seemed appropriate. At least we can have civil debates. Please delete if not.

Thanks for spelling that out clearly. I always wondered about the sweeping bans on that previous thread - can we add that to the list of rules for forum ? Say something like "Do not generalize racial statements" or something like that.The generalization is what trips the whole discussion up.

BTW, How is it OK to say "Indians follow Caste system - which is racism" on the same thread ? Irrespective of how much Indians say that it is not a state-approved policy or that it is not racism, that canard comes up all the time.
Here for example, from the thread creator.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...dians-australians-car-torched.html#post395289

Dunno if this should be a personal message to moderator or not, but being a thread on racism it seemed appropriate. At least we can have civil debates. Please delete if not.

Hey whats your problem? Again you are playing the dirty game by trying to ban me. Your mentality sucks man. When did I say, India is a land of racism, or as Indians follow caste so all the Indians are racists? I cannot say that, because there are Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Dalits and Shudras who also live in India and they do not practice caste ideology. Of course, caste is racism and your own media personnel Mr Jug Surayia said that. I posted that article from your own Times of India. Now?

Hey whats your problem? Again you are playing the dirty game by trying to ban me. Your mentality sucks man. When did I say, India is a land of racism, or as Indians follow caste so all the Indians are racists? I cannot say that, because there are Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Dalits and Shudras who also live in India and they do not practice caste ideology. Of course, caste is racism and your own media personnel Mr Jug Surayia said that. I posted that article from your own Times of India. Now?

Actually, I dislike your views from the day you asked me what colour my skin was before you could understand my opinions. That post (about 4 months ago) should be somewhere on the records too. Oh that and the series of threads about how Pakistani's are whiter skinned and hence Aryans or whatever that crap was.

My belief is that this thread was just an attempt by you to continue that hatred with no intent of bringing about any understanding between communities or groups. And it seems like a bunch of people (including me) fell for that trick.

Specifically, in that post I linked you accused Tibetans and Japanese (using a WW2 racial epithet, that too--look up the term you used for Japanese) of being racist. I did not see you make any exceptions for anyone.

If otherwise, I'd be happy to hear your views.

Actually, I dislike your views from the day you asked me what colour my skin was before you could understand my opinions. That post (about 4 months ago) should be somewhere on the records too. Oh that and the series of threads about how Pakistani's are whiter skinned and hence Aryans or whatever that crap was.

My belief is that this thread was just an attempt by you to continue that hatred with no intent of bringing about any understanding between communities or groups. And it seems like a bunch of people (including me) fell for that trick.

Specifically, in that post I linked you accused Tibetans and Japanese (using a WW2 racial epithet, that too--look up the term you used for Japanese) of being racist. I did not see you make any exceptions for anyone.

If otherwise, I'd be happy to hear your views.

And your attempt is to brand all Australian whites racists and call Australia a land of racism at the cost of some Indians who live in Australia. Excellent!!! I do not know what the hidden objective is.

I cannot remember if I asked you about your skin color. I have no vested interests in knowing your skin color as its none of my business and its not gonna earn me extra bucks. So you be happy with whatever skin color you possess.

And I am not here under any compulsion to please every body. So if you dislike my posts, sorry, I cannot help. Yes I can suggest you to ignore me and my posts. I cannot remain answerable to you all the time and I cannot try to remember all the conversations I might have made with you. Actually I have got some other jobs to do.

I did not say Tibetans and Japanese are racists. And i never talked about WW2 anywhere as far as I can see there. Actually my eyes are not covered my glasses of any color. So my sights are clean.

And as far as my intention is concerned, I started this thread to make an open discussion on Indian retaliation which itself is violent and racist in character though there is no proof that all the earlier attacks on Indians were racists and also to say that racism is everywhere, in Indian caste system also.

Mr. Communist your argument, typically in any thread you revert to the caste system. Apparently you are blind sited by the jesture of the GoI banning such things, but the perception of people will take time. Long as you understand this you can keep on ranting about it..

Back
Top Bottom