What's new

Indian report slams Il-76 availability rate

more like israel will help india, heck i wont be surprised if they put the el-2090 radar on the a330.
heck they may put it on the c295.
Airbus_C295_AEW_-_RIAT_2011_%2810906115426%29.jpg
Did Israel help India in the Netra AEW? No. Is the Netra AEW's radar a re-branded Israeli radar? No.

AWACS (India) is going to be the products of decades of work by the DRDO

18620459_1438995809511803_7608443165733972145_n.jpg

to:

emWkx7F.jpg

To soon:

P1050900.JPG

Netra (like AWACS (India) ) ia 100% DRDO owned and designed:

I'm not sure where you are getting this nonsense from but please refrain from telling outright lies.

well in that case i guess we will have to go get this then
LCA_Tejas_Landing_Gear.jpg
What's your point buddy?

we would'vr had it by now if tragedy hadn't struck Airavat

awac1s.jpg
Ifs and buts bro.....

The good thing is the GoI/DRDO didn't lose faith after that tragedy and kept their commitment in the project.

AWACS (India) has no foreign partner and is being developed in-house by DRDO (LRDE and CABS) just like Netra.
I assume DRDO radar is about as powerful in terms of tracking distances and simultaneous targets being tracked as EL/W 2090.
Further, is there a commonality in protocol and communication architecture of both existing AWACS and new one being developed between AWACS and fighters it vectors?

I assume DRDO radar is about as powerful in terms of tracking distances and simultaneous targets being tracked as EL/W 2090.
Indeed, the AWACS (India) will have near identical performance to the EL/W-2090 (the most powerful AWACS radar in operation anywhere in the world).
Further, is there a commonality in protocol and communication architecture of both existing AWACS and new one being developed between AWACS and fighters it vectors?

Yes, the communication systems on existing IAF AEW/AWACS are designed by DRDO anyway.

Did Israel help India in the Netra AEW? No. Is the Netra AEW's radar a re-branded Israeli radar? No.

AWACS (India) is going to be the products of decades of work by the DRDO

18620459_1438995809511803_7608443165733972145_n.jpg

to:

emWkx7F.jpg

To soon:

P1050900.JPG

Netra (like AWACS (India) ) ia 100% DRDO owned and designed:

I'm not sure where you are getting this nonsense from but please refrain from telling outright lies.
well to be honest i dont know, the israelis have tendencies to do wonders when you give them money, ask the chinese and the south africains and even you guys too.

also its an assumption not gospel. going by drdo and hal past experiences its not exactly the best even the erj awac's the range is no more than 250km. heck it even uses a c band radar. leave it to the israelis.

What's your point buddy?
just trolling some nutter

Last edited:
Yes because it is massively under-powered compared to a EL/W-2090/AWACS (India) type of radar. Even 250km is comparable to any similar system in the world (from SAAB or Raytheon).
the current systems have similar ranges but the newer erieye for the uae and pakistan will have(they ordered 3 more)will have more powerful aesa radars. but even then the current systems dont incorporate the older c band radars

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol:

PAF was flying twin engine jets even before you were born.

1978900.jpg
You guys love living in the past.
Thats not what we where talking about eh?
Maintaining a twin engine aircraft is a costly affair only airforces with proper funds can do it.
Does PAF have a twin engine aircraft now?
So I advise you to not bring up the Indian republic day argument again if you have no credibility to stand for it.

What would you Indians be the day you do actually make and export something.
Once again, let me spoon feed you...
Pakistan now manufacturing the
1:Mushak trainers which has been exported to a dozen countries.
2: Jointly producing the K-8 Jet trainers, again being supplied to a dozen air forces.
3: Jointly producing the JF-17 and also exporting it to others.
Ya a licence produced SAAB SAFARI.:lol:
The testing and development (most difficult task of making any aircraft) of all the above products have been done abroad.
For God's sake make something of your own.don't call a foreign product your own because you paint and assemble it.:disagree:

DRDO cannot develop a pulse Doppler radar for the Tejas the max range was 20 km.

There is no way they developed an AESA it's just renaming an Israeli or French radar and that's about it.

Same way Mig 29 is nicknamed Baaz.

You guys love living in the past.
Thats not what we where talking about eh?
Maintaining a twin engine aircraft is a costly affair only airforces with proper funds can do it.
Does PAF have a twin engine aircraft now?
So I advise you to not bring up the Indian republic day argument again if you have no credibility to stand for it.
Nonsense, PAF had checked out both the Typhoon and Rafale long before the call center boom in India, they simply didn't fit into PAF's doctorine just like the J-10.....even the A-5 (Twin engine) have been put in storage for now and to rain on your parade, there are also four engine C-130s in service.
Ya a licence produced SAAB SAFARI.:lol:
The testing and development (most difficult task of making any aircraft) of all the above products have been done abroad.
For God's sake make something of your own.don't call a foreign product your own because you paint and assemble it.:disagree:

Unlike you characters, no one said it was INDIGENOUS, but we are manufacturing it and exporting it unlike India, which is gone into the reverse....and talking about making something your self....you people never stop gloating about Tejas, do you have any knowledge to it's back ground....so called INDIGENOUS. :rofl:

http://www.rediff.com/news/2001/jan/13nad.htm

Nonsense, PAF had checked out both the Typhoon and Rafale long before the call center boom in India, they simply didn't fit into PAF's doctorine just like the J-10.....even the A-5 (Twin engine) have been put in storage for now and to rain on your parade, there are also four engine C-130s in service.

Unlike you characters, no one said it was INDIGENOUS, but we are manufacturing it and exporting it unlike India, which is gone into the reverse....and talking about making something your self....you people never stop gloating about Tejas, do you have any knowledge to it's back ground....so called INDIGENOUS. :rofl:

If these aircraft does not fit your doctrine why evaluate it in the first place. Can PAF really afford to pay for them?
Last time time I checked paf had a hard time trying to buy even 18 F-16 E/F and was begging the US for it.

Also congratulations on finding something from 2001 and linking it in your reply:lol:.
have you got absolutely any idea on aircraft development?
It's true that DRDO had signed agreements with dessault and other foreign players to 'consultation' in development of Tejas.
That doesn't mean that they develop the final products for you it dosent work that way. Back then we did not have any supersonic wind tunnels or related testing equipments to test the designs. we made use of the foreign facilities for the same.
We learned a thing or two while doing the same. This will certainly help us in the future and all the testing facilities are now available in house.
BTW su 30 mki is made in the same way as SAAB safari is made in Pakistan and nobody is calling it indegeneous.

Last edited:
They don't need bcoz only institution that is not corrupt is the arm forces of Pakistan [emoji1191]

Does Pakistan has any CAG type in their country which audits checks and balances of the economy....I mean Govt. spending?

Very valuable link. You clearly maintain quite the database.

Seems like the admiral over estimated the morons at HAL-DRDO to thinking after 15 years the Tejas would rival the 1st gen F-16 when the Tejas cannot even rival the Mig 21 the very aircraft it was created to replace.

Dont bother.

Even if IL-76 is 100% ready there will still be hiccups here and there for IAF.

u are only as strong as your weakest joint

@hellfire Don't miss this.....

Our Il-78s have taken part in numerous week long exercises where it was quoted by USAF and others that they had excellent maintainence and serviceability and suffered almost no mishaps.So we are fully confident about their capability,you better worry about the serviceability of your old f-16s.Are they even at 50%?
Where do you get this data from???? ISPR of course.. .. It as usual It cannot be shared due to the semsitiveness of the issue....

Back
Top Bottom