What's new

Indian report slams Il-76 availability rate

c17 for AWACS
C-17 production line is no longer existing.
Infact India wants atleast 10 more C-17 Globmasters for strategic heavy lifitng, but owing to production ceasing, it is no longer possible.
Therefore in present scenario, Boeing or Airbus based systems are best bets.

We have been flying the Ilyushins since 1985. That is several decades of operational experience, with ZERO major accidents.
I don't deny that, but if you see aviation industry as a whole, Boeing and Airbus are far more used planes and Indian aviation industry (civilian) has a huge experience of operating and maintaining.
Now i'm not sure how Indian AWACS program is being developed (@Abingdonboy can throw some more light), but assuming IAI is assisting with radar package, it would serve better if India can negotiate a deal with Airbus to mount rotodome on an Airbus commercial airliner and then take it from there.

In case of A-50, the structural design is quite matured requiring selection of a radar package only, but unfortunately Ilyushin's Il-76/78 platforms do pose a lot of maintenance issues (engines specifically).
Along with this is the perpetual irritant of Russian side jacking up prices at will.
Otherwise India's own AWACS (EL/W 2090) is a mighty capable system.

IAF had requested the MoD to order A330s for the follow-on EL/M-2090s but so as to get them sooner the A-50EI was selected once again and A330 ordered for AWACS (India).
Abingdonboy, who is responsible for Rotodome design for A 330, India or Airbus?

hey @Windjammer you need to know how to add before posting on such topics, how sad you didn't realize that :lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl:
you really are stupid. No wonder all your posts are drivel.
Now that i have busted your tiny ego, you will habitually go into the verbal dihorea mode, remember you are on a short leash, try not to hang yourself with it.... fan boy. :pleasantry:

Now that i have busted your tiny ego, you will habitually go into the verbal dihorea mode, remember you are on a short leash, try not to hang yourself with it.... fan boy. :pleasantry:
Busted Ego??? ..... hashahahaha !!!!.... Only Windjammers Wet Dreams!!! .... Do back to sleep and try not to piss the bed this time

Busted Ego??? ..... hashahahaha !!!!.... Only Windjammers Wet Dreams!!! .... Do back to sleep and try not to piss the bed this time
Damn cockroaches....keep crawling on the forum one after another.
Seems i have watered you down loser. :laugh:

Plan is for AWACS (India) to be ready by 2024, negotiations for the A330s are complete all that is required is CCS clearance.

but assuming IAI is assisting with radar package
Nope, AWACS (India) has no foreign partner and is being developed in-house by DRDO (LRDE and CABS) just like Netra. IAI is not involved in AWACS (India) at all.

Abingdonboy, who is responsible for Rotodome design for A 330, India or Airbus?
DRDO:

Structure%2Bfor%2B4-Array%2BAESA%2Bfor%2BA330-220%2BAEW%2526%2BCS.JPG

drdo%2Bairbus%2Ba330%2Bawacs%2Bplatform.JPG

But DRDO will work with Airbus to integrate it as well as to carry out other modifications (for example they will be fitting a more powerful APU and dedicated power source on the A330).

Last edited:
quiet cute how indians think their shupa powa mki is better than our typhoons, i almost feel sorry for them.

Plan is for AWACS (India) to be ready by 2024, negotiations for the A330s are complete all that is required is CCS clearance.

Nope, AWACS (India) has no foreign partner and is being developed in-house by DRDO (LRDE and CABS) just like Netra. IAI is not involved in AWACS (India) at all.

DRDO:

But DRDO will work with Airbus to integrate it as well as to carry out other modifications (for example they will be fitting a more powerful APU and dedicated power source on the A330).
more like israel will help india, heck i wont be surprised if they put the el-2090 radar on the a330.
heck they may put it on the c295.
Airbus_C295_AEW_-_RIAT_2011_%2810906115426%29.jpg

instead of talking you should spend time inducting good planes.
oh we are typhoons and f35's. thanks for asking

DRDO:

we would'vr had it by now if tragedy hadn't struck Airavat

awac1s.jpg

more like israel will help india, heck i wont be surprised if they put the el-2090 radar on the a330.

sometimes not opening your mouth is a good idea.

yeah, while you're at it you should inuct this too

lemons.jpg

we would'vr had it by now if tragedy hadn't struck Airavat

awac1s.jpg

sometimes not opening your mouth is a good idea.

yeah, while you're at it you should inuct this too

lemons.jpg
well in that case i guess we will have to go get this then
LCA_Tejas_Landing_Gear.jpg

but we want full tot:jester:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom