What's new

Indian Political Corner | General Election 2014, All Updates & Discussions.

Very surprising considering Dixit was never that controviersial. In any case I want to know what the voter surge means- I think it means an unexpected upswing for Arvind Kejriwal.

Shiela Dixit suffered cause of the poor and corruption ridden Central government.

She did transform Delhi, commendable no doubt and looks good on paper. But with the resources she had at her disposal and the amount of funding Delhi gets she could have done a lot more.

The main opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is hopeful a widespread perception that government corruption and incompetence is to blame for shambles like Connaught Place's facelift will feed into voter anger at high prices and unsafe streets, and help it unseat Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit after 15-years in office.

"We are fed up, for the last five years we have lost our business, we had to lay off four employees, we couldn't pay their salaries," said S.P. Jain, a smartly-suited travel agent and money changer in Connaught Place, speaking over the sound of drilling as workmen dug up the pavement outside the shop he has run since 1963.

"Wherever Congress is ruling, there is corruption," Jain said, echoing a complaint heard across India.

Delhi's rubble-strewn Connaught Place mirrors Congress' election struggle| Reuters

Shiela Dixit suffered cause of the poor and corruption ridden Central government.

She did transform Delhi, commendable no doubt and looks good on paper. But with the resources she had at her disposal and the amount of funding Delhi gets she could have done a lot more.

Transformed Delhi
Besides Metro not a single good projects has come up
She could have transformed Delhi into Beijing with the funds she had
I am a delhite or as we punjabis say Delhiwala

Transformed Delhi
Besides Metro not a single good projects has come up
She could have transformed Delhi into Beijing with the funds she had
I am a delhite or as we punjabis say Delhiwala

I said transform as a relative term, compared to the condition of Mumbai, Kolkata other major cities of India, Delhi has improved quite a bit. But as I said, and you agree, with the funds she had she could have done a much better job.

ok this might be a little bit off-topic , but to give confidence to all those voters who voted against congress that they have done the best service to the nation i present you this video!

2009 Congress Advertisement - YouTube

this is how congress dogs will rub salt on your wounds , be proud of yourself for having voted against these criminals

Back
Top Bottom