What's new

Indian Political Corner | General Election 2014, All Updates & Discussions.

@seiko What makes you think Modi will be any better than this guys? How you sure that we are choosing the wrong person which will only lead to this country for destruction?? As I said, we are choosing Modi out of desperation.. He choose the right time to boost his image through internet campaign and ads and We like the sheeps fell for it..

1 What makes u think others are better then him 2 There is nothing like sure in politics 3 May be u not others ..me pure host o Hawas me NAMO ko choose karta hu ;) 4 he showed everything to commone people of gujrat now its time for india to see ...

In the end it all came to religion right?? I hate BJP because its leaders are Hindu?? That's the best you can get.. If I hate BJP for Gujrat riot then I have enough reasons to hate congress for many religious riot... Do not go down to that way.. My religion is my personal matter.. Nothing to do with the choice I made about my country..

I never said anything about your religion I simply asked your reasons.

If you're tight lipped about it, how the heck can I get into your head and know?

Stop pretending to be the victim. I am myself not a Hindu so no need to play that game here.

What makes you think Modi will be any better than this guys? How you sure that we are choosing the wrong person which will only lead to this country for destruction?? As I said, we are choosing Modi out of desperation.. He choose the right time to boost his image through internet campaign and ads and We like the sheeps fell for it..

You're simply being insecure.

I started developing interest in his ability when I first visited Gujarat even before I started actually being serious about supporting BJP. During Vajpayee government's last days, when muck was being thrown at Modi, my research on his governance, his handling of 2005 earthquake and following years, developing of Gujarat followed.

That is how I came to respect him as a leader.

This was long before I moved to my home state.

Perhaps you're living in a limited surroundings and are being told wrong stuff about him.

How can you be so sure that he's the wrong guy?

What's your secretive source that defies even the tangible good changes he has done in Gujarat which I have seen with my own eyes?

Care to elaborate.

You totally missed the point, its the other way around.. There are credible leaders in BJP who is much more efficient that him..

Name me one of his caliber, strength and decisiveness.

Modi's fame came not because of being a 'party senior' but because of the work he has done, despite what secularists do all day to mudsling him.

And what track records are you talking about.. Gujrat always have a decent GDP growth rate than India even before Modi came to power.. He is just reaping its benefit..Just read this article..

Yeah?

Ever visited Gujarat before Modi era began? I have.

Come on dude. You're talking to a well traveled citizen here who doesn't believe in newspapers (Especially paid media) and instead chooses to see it for oneself.

No one except intentional Modi-haters deny his better work. Even neutral people who have no alignment to BJP have respected his work.

You're talking as if Gujarat is in some other country. Just take a flight and see for yourself. Or better, drive to the state.

The highways there are world class. Like nothing you'll find in many states.

As I said, Modi is benefited by the business minded people and vast coastal areas.. He wont be able to do his so called "magic" in national level when he face though opposition than some yes Sayers in his state..

This is what Diggy baba said and he's nowhere to be seen today. :D

I am asking you, you really think it is possible to replicate this when he comes to power in center?

What makes you think development is not possible?

Why so pessimistic about something that is not even seen?

Still convinced that this regime is good?

You still haven't told me why you despise him.

Without a reason, you're simply blowing hot air man.

No substance.

1 What makes u think others are better then him 2 There is nothing like sure in politics 3 May be u not others ..me pure host o Hawas me NAMO ko choose karta hu ;) 4 he showed everything to commone people of gujrat now its time for india to see ...

Mate, there are leaders who are doing good this in many states from BJP itself.. But dont you think something fishy when he is getting all the attention.. Have you seen any other politician getting this much publicity through internet and other medias. I mean what have he done? There is Shivraj Chauhan who turned a bimaru state into energy surplus state.. There is Raman Singh in Chhattisgarh who is also doing an excellent job.. there was Manohar Parrikar who also had done some good job.. What miracle did Modi do which makes him stand apart from these guys? Gujrat was already on the way to development even before Modi came to power.. All you can see is advertisements and campaign about him like some body badly wanted him to be in power.. I am not comfortable with it..There are something which does not meet the eyes..

Mate, there are leaders who are doing good this in many states from BJP itself.. But dont you think something fishy when he is getting all the attention.. Have you seen any other politician getting this much publicity through internet and other medias. I mean what have he done? There is Shivraj Chauhan who turned a bimaru state into energy surplus state.. There is Raman Singh in Chhattisgarh who is also doing an excellent job.. there was Manohar Parrikar who also had done some good job.. What miracle did Modi do which makes him stand apart from these guys? Gujrat was already on the way to development even before Modi came to power.. All you can see is advertisements and campaign about him like some body badly wanted him to be in power.. I am not comfortable with it..There are something which does not meet the eyes..

Yes this guys have done good job but it doesn't means they r better then modi . Modis is a strong leader with good decision power he takes quick decision he is innovative . Our armed forces will become more confident then ever before ..what I think about u is u think a politician can not be this much good there has to be something fishy ... But u don't have anything to prove he is not good ..

And personality does matter u dont want to see shivraj manohar or Raman like personality as your leader ...

Yes this guys have done good job but it doesn't means they r better then modi . Modis is a strong leader with good decision power he takes quick decision he is innovative . Our armed forces will become more confident then ever before ..what I think about u is u think a politician can not be this much good there has to be something fishy ... But u don't have anything to prove he is not good ..

The point is, Modi have done nothing better than any of the leaders you say.. Gujarat always have high GDP even before Modi came to power.. Its people are business minded and they have vast coastal areas and natural resources.. Even with out Modi, it is a state destined to be developed. Lets see whether he is an efficient leader as you guys claimed to be when he becomes PM..

The point is, Modi have done nothing better than any of the leaders you say.. Gujarat always have high GDP even before Modi came to power.. Its people are business minded and they have vast coastal areas and natural resources.. Even with out Modi, it is a state destined to be developed. Lets see whether he is an efficient leader as you guys claimed to be when he becomes PM..

Read this about gujrat and narendra modi :

Personality:

Narendra Modi is known for leading a simple lifestyle which makes him familiar with common people and their problems, mostly politicians who want to serve people have this kind of lifestyle which shows they give importance to improving people’s life style than their own.
He holds a master's degree in Political science. He has a personal staff of just three. He is workaholic , introvert ,crowd puller as a speaker and a practical dreamer .
Modi has also tried to turn his image from an Hindu Nationalist politician to an image of able administrator when he ordered the demolition of many Hindu temples that were built without proper government sanction. Since last 10+ years Mr. Modi hasn't taken a day off from office.

Development of Gujarat:

Over the past decade, Gujarat has made excellent progress on all fronts – and these efforts have not gone unnoticed. Whether it is rehabilitation of earthquake victims or e-Governance implementation for transparency; best practices in solid waste management or environment consciousness.

The only state in India which has the infrastructure to provide E-services through computers to 13685 Gram Panchayats which are connected through Gujarat State Wide Area Network (GSWAN).
Modi’s GIFT(Gujarat International Finance Tech-City): “Built on 986 acres the GIFT project is setting a benchmark for the whole world about how one can deliver financial services, technological security, real time operations, multiple activities etc from a single place, at the same time,” said Modi.
A solution to TPDS(Targeted Public Distribution System)on the name of which UPA introduced money transfer system which is bribing voters officially in my words.
India’s first 1 MW Canal-top Solar Power Project on the Sanand Branch Canal of the Sardar Sarovar Project.Yeah,I do think renewable energy is fastest growing energy source and we must start using it ASAP to save planet earth from pollution caused due to fossil fuels.
Gujarat accounts for 15.14% (USD 114.52 bn) of the total investments in India; Highest amongst all States in India.
Vibrant Gujarat: The Global Investors summit which held once in every two years resulted in signing of 20,000 MOUs garnering an investment of $1200 billion .Of course, statistics show the actual projects under implementation and are commissioned is approximately $280 billion, a success rate of 23.3 which is general for all the states and true for India as single investment center. Still with this Gujarat get approximately 25% of India's investment.
Gujarat has pursued excellence in several areas and won over 100 accolades and awards all along the way. Not only the number is large, if one looks at the list of awards, it includes awards and citations for a variety of sectors right from economic freedom to environmental protection, e-Governance to energy
conservation, health to heritage protection and sanitation to software development,reflecting holistic development of the state.

The measure of ones achievements is best gauged by what others have to say(glance at some notable awards other than best CM 3 times in 5 consecutive years):

16-10-2003 :UN SasakawaAward for outstanding work in the field of disaster
management and risk reduction.

Oct-2004 : CAPAM Gold Award from Commonwealth Associations for
Innovations in governance.

05-08-2005 :Best Investment environment Award by India today.

30-10-2006 :Asian Innovation Award at Singapore from Wall Street Journal
and the Financial Expressfor Chiranjeevi Yojana (initiative for
reducing maternal and infant mortality rate).

03-11-2008 :India Power Awards 2008 Exemplary work in rural electrification under “Jyoti Gram Scheme”.

23-06-2010 :United NationsPublic Service Award for its role in transforming the delivery of public services.

17-10-2011 :eRatna award for eGovernance

15-01-2013 :Total Food Grain Production Award by The President of India.

CLSA lauds Gujarat for growth, says both agriculture & industry shining in Gujarat!
In Gujarat, 37 lakh hectare new land has been made cultivable in the last decade. Industry & Agriculture are both growing simultaneously!

Upcoming:
Gujarat is set to become the first state in the country to have a complete integrated police ERP (enterprise resource planning, a software integrating all aspects of an operation) system.
With five million tourists visiting Gujarat in last two years, Gujarat government has laid an outlay of Rs 730 crore to develop its tourism infrastructure in 22 districts across the state.

Agriculture: Secret of Modi’s success

When Narendra Modi won the 2007 state election in Gujarat, the media focused on Hindu-Muslim issues. Some journalists highlighted rapid industrial development that had made Gujarat India’s fastest-growing state. I mentioned Gujarat’s successful port-led development.

However, an excellent new study suggests that the secret of Modi’s success lay in agriculture, an area completely neglected by political analysts. Ashok Gulati, Tushaar Shah and Ganga Sreedhar have written an IFPRI paper, ‘Agricultural Performance in Gujarat Since 2000’, which highlights something few people know — that Gujarat’s agricultural performance is by far the best in India.

Between 2000-01 and 2007-08 agricultural value added grew at a phenomenal 9.6% per year (despite a major drought in 2002). This is more than double India’s agricultural growth rate, and much faster than Punjab’s farm growth in the green revolution heyday. Indeed, 9.6% agricultural growth is among the fastest rates recorded anywhere in the world. That drives home the magnitude of Gujarat’s performance.

Since the bulk of Gujarat’s population is still rural, this mega-boom in agriculture must have created millions of satisfied voters. Hence it must have played a major role in Modi’s victory. Yet I did not see a single media analyst mention it.

Gujarat is drought prone, with 70% of its area classified as semi-arid and arid. Although journalists focus on the Sardar Sarovar Project, its canal network is hopelessly incomplete, and currently irrigates only 0.1 million hectares. No less than 82% of irrigation in the state comes from tubewells, which have depleted groundwater. By the mid-1990s, groundwater extraction exceeded natural recharge in 31 talukas, and 90% of the safe extraction yield in another 12 talukas.

In the 1990s, the state along with grass-roots organisations embarked on decentralised water harvesting. This included the building of check dams, village tanks, and bori-bunds (built with gunny sacks stuffed with mud). During the 2007 election campaign, the Congress slogan was ‘chak de, chak de Gujarat’. I heard Modi say at a rally that his reply was “check dam, check dam Gujarat.” I did not realise at the time how significant this really was.

The IFPRI study says that 10,700 check dams were built up to 2000, and helped drought-proof 32,000 hectares. That sounds a lot. But subsequently, under Modi, Gujarat has built ten times as many check dams! He could well say ‘chak de, check dam’. These have played a big role in the agricultural growth of Saurashtra and Kutch (aided, it must be said, by bountiful monsoons in the last five years). Better water availability has also increased milk and livestock production.

Gujarat has promoted drip irrigation, badly needed to conserve water in semi-arid districts. Like other states, Gujarat offers subsidies and loans, but it also fast-tracks and simplifies procedures. Farmers contribute 5% initially. Then a state-owned company provides 50% as subsidy, and arranges a bank loan for the balance of 45%. One lakh acres have been covered by drip irrigation so far. Like the Sardar Sarovar Project, drip irrigation’s total irrigation potential is far higher.

Research shows that rural roads are the most important investment for agriculture. Gujarat has one of the best rural road networks in India, and 98.7% of villages are connected by pukka roads.

Modi’s Jyotigram scheme for power has provided regular, high-quality electricity to villages, greatly helping farming. Jyotigram provides separate electric feeders for domestic use and pump-sets. This permits the state to supply round-the-clock domestic supply, while limiting agricultural supply to eight hours a day (which is continuous and of constant voltage).

This has facilitated a switch to high-value crops like mango, banana and wheat, which need assured water. Constant voltage has protected farmers from damage to pump-sets earlier caused by fluctuating voltage. Continuous power for non-agricultural uses has spurred diversification into non-farm activities, vital for rural growth.
The irrigated area has expanded at the rate of 4.4% per year. The fastest growth in crops has been in wheat, followed by cotton and fruits and vegetables.

Private seed companies have brought in new technology for several crops, ranging from bajra to castor, but above all in Bt cotton. More than 20 Bt cotton varieties are now produced by 30 seed companies. In his election campaign, Modi waxed eloquent about Gujarat’s success in cotton.

He declared that Gujarat was now famous in China as the producer and exporter of Bt cotton, and he said this was a source of Gujarati pride. (Let me add that this is a great improvement on his earlier notion of Hindu pride, exemplified in his ‘gaurav yatra’ after Godhra).

Gujarat has only 26% of India’s cotton area, but 35.5% of its production, thanks to high yields.

Rising world prices have also helped, and been buttressed by a huge jump in the minimum, support price for cotton.

New institutional arrangements like contract farming have helped improve marketing. Gujarat’s famous dairy co-operatives (everybody loves Amul) have provided a stable basis for milk and livestock development. But the private sector is emerging as an important player too. Corporates have entered agro-exports, agro-processing, organised food retail, and rural infrastructure development.

Vimal Dairy and Vadilal Industries have entered the dairy sector. Agrocel has taken up organic farming of cotton and sesame seeds. Atreyas Agro and Godrej Agrovel plan contract cultivation of jatropha and palm oil respectively. Food retail chains like Food Bazaar, Reliance Fresh and Spencer have sprung up in Gujarat’s cities, sourcing produce from farmers directly.

The state has helped catalyse production, notably in water harvesting. It has worked with NGOs and companies to bring the best technology to farmers. Gujarat Agricultural University has been split into four separate universities, helping strengthen R&D.

Can this be replicated in other states? Much of it can. Jyotigram looks least likely to be replicated because it abandons the free-but-unreliable rural power that politicians regard as vote-winners in most states. Many states also prefer large irrigation projects to small water-harvesting ones, since bigger projects translate into bigger kickbacks. Yet Modi’s electoral success points to a new way of winning rural votes. Others should sit up and take notice.

NEWS !!! of AAP getting SCREWED after Blaming MODI for UP riots... :yahoo:

A slew of Resignations haunt Aam Aadmi Party

#AAP had left no stone unturned to propagate that Narendra Modi and BJP were responsible for #UPriots.

It appears that many of its members are leaving AAP after the party after the party started malicious false propaganda in blaming Modi or the BJP for anything and everything much like the CONGRESS WOULD do

Those who resigned blamed AAP from being misguided from its path.

Alarmed by the growing dissent, AAP has deleted its press release from its website which vocally blamed Modi, Amit Shah more than the SP govt.

1237877_10200577662546791_1253856221_n.jpg

Press Release earlier blaming MODI , BJP and Amit Shah ...which is now Deleted on AAP website ...

560080_10151639203083531_1785871849_n.jpg

See, at state level we are quite happy with SDF. The reason why Pawan Kumar Chamling is able to hold power here is because he does a fabulous job. People are happy with what he does. There are infrastructural constraints still in other parts of Sikkim, but we're slowly getting there, because of a lot of environmental department hurdles in our ecologically sensitive state.

TBH, at least we in the bordering states want a robust infrastructure related to defense. Especially here in Sikkim. Arunachal is still better off but thanks to a cowardly and nepotic centre even they are facing problems from PLA. Compared to AP, we are virtually naked here with only troops as the last chain of defense against PLA aggression. Govt. says that we have this and that, but it is not at all enough.

The local state level BJP is good but still lacks the level that SDF has on its own. The problem is, we don't have someone as substantial as Modi ji at local level in the state BJP. Hence, we are happy with SDF's work here. But at a national level, we like Modi ji because of his caliber and his work that he did in the state.

Although with Modi as PM, it will be really good if the local BJP manages to tie up and agrees for a seat sharing. SDF is not the one who needs alliance; Sikkim BJP does.

Here in NE, there's a different mentality at state compared to at national level. Can't say much about Nagaland and Mizoram, though he's an admired figure in Arunachal as well despite Congress rule in the state. Arunachal state Congress isn't as pathetic as the centre. They actually work pretty decent at state level.

Although a lot of defense families in the region have hailed Modi ji's view and supported him after what he spoke at the Rewari rally with former soldiers from across the country.
Sikkim has just one LS seat so their can be no seat sharing but a common candidate can be put up. What will be the chances of an SDF candidate for whom Modi also campaigns

Rahul Gandhi is not even trying to act rationally and like a national leader of the ruling party....He is repeatedly degrading the his image in front of the whole nation...may be it is due to his confidence that whatever he does he is bound to be the PM one day....

Trust me - he is doing his best
:omghaha: :omghaha:

NEWS !!! of AAP getting SCREWED after Blaming MODI for UP riots... :yahoo:

A slew of Resignations haunt Aam Aadmi Party

#AAP had left no stone unturned to propagate that Narendra Modi and BJP were responsible for #UPriots.

It appears that many of its members are leaving AAP after the party after the party started malicious false propaganda in blaming Modi or the BJP for anything and everything much like the CONGRESS WOULD do

Those who resigned blamed AAP from being misguided from its path.

Alarmed by the growing dissent, AAP has deleted its press release from its website which vocally blamed Modi, Amit Shah more than the SP govt.

1237877_10200577662546791_1253856221_n.jpg

Press Release earlier blaming MODI , BJP and Amit Shah ...which is now Deleted on AAP website ...

560080_10151639203083531_1785871849_n.jpg

AAP must be handled strategically in Delhi. They will eat into the vote share of BJP only and chances are that they will support Congress covertly. Modi must campaign in Delhi soonest else the Delhi BJP is leaving no stone unturned in $crewing itself..

Rayalaseema=Faction Politics (Congress faction VS TDP faction).There in Rayalseema its like you kill me you avenged your great great grandfather,They keep a count ,Such is their vengeance. :(

bro , u r being unfair to rayalaseema its like any other region of a.p .... and all those bala krishna movies doesnt paint the true picture of india ... factionism was restricted to only certain parts of rayalaseema region with paritala ravi :-)angry:) , y.s and suris death factionism is completely vanished.....

Back
Top Bottom