What's new

Indian Political Corner | General Election 2014, All Updates & Discussions.

You like it or not, given a chance BJP will flourish in Telangana side of AP, But!
I want it to be United to tackle the Maoist problem.Small states cannot tackle it.

People sympathize with BJP in telangana part more than the rest of AP combined.
When riots happen its Hyderabad not Andhra or Rayalseema.BJP should capitalize on this situation.get more telangana people onto their side.

In short
Telanagana=Trs with BJP (we have problems but as a whole we are more united).

Andhra=Congress against TDP (caste politics)

Rayalaseema=Faction Politics (Congress faction VS TDP faction).There in Rayalseema its like you kill me you avenged your great great grandfather,They keep a count ,Such is their vengeance. :(

Do u know anything abt subhrammanian swami ? How he will perform

But why do you target him when he has proven his work way better than others? It is not hype. It is reality. Why do you continue to defy yourself with Communal Congress who massacred so many Bodos and non-Muslim Assamese here just last year?

Look at the treatment central Congress gives NE as a whole, apart from the intentionally delayed response they gave to Assam riots. MMS and Sonia visited only the local mullahs (who are Bangladeshis and not local Assamese muslims) for 'betterment'.

Why do you conveniently forget this?

There are umpteen proofs about such things and you still continue to look the other way calling Modi ji as communal, divisive, violent, dictatorial and what not.

If this is not intended maligning with an agenda, then what is?

You're accused of siding with those who are destroying our country in front of our eyes.

There are many here who were NEVER BJP supporters but only have comes forward after Modi's declaration.

If that is what you want to mask as Modi hatred then what can be said?

Holaaaa I am one of them ;)

Well,I would love to see shashi tharoor lose to op rajagopal in Trivandrum but many people fall for shashi ka charm and suaveness.

O.Rajagopal do have a chance .

In 2011 assembly elections , he was defeated by a margin of just 6500 votes .

BJP prepares roadmap for 2014 polls, plans big Narendra Modi rallies in UP..

Zee Media Bureau

Lucknow: After appointing Narendra Modi as its prime Ministerial candidate, the main opposition party, the BJP, has shifted its focus to the Samajwadi Party-ruled and politically crucial state of Uttar Pradesh.

It was reported on Wednesday that the main opposition party is aiming to capitalise on Narendra Modi's immense popularity and has asked the Gujarat Chief Minister to address a series of rallies in UP.

The party has given the task of preparing the strategy for Modi's extensive UP campaign to his close aide Amit Shah, who is also the party's in-charge of the state.

As per reports, Shah has drawn up an ambitious plan for Modi's extensive UP tour in the days to come.

Shah yesterday met party president Rajnath Singh and members of the BJP's Uttar Pradesh unit to finalise campaign strategy.

However, BJP state leaders claimed that there was no discussion on whether Modi, who was named his party's prime ministerial candidate last Friday, might contest Lok Sabha elections from UP.

There has been much speculation on whether Modi will choose to contest from UP, considered the traditional turf of the Congress' Gandhi family - party chief Sonia Gandhi is the Lok Sabha MP from Rae Bareily and her son Rahul from neighbouring Amethi.

The BJP's first and only Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee's Lok Sabha seat was Lucknow.

The party has reportedly planned a massive Modi rally in Lucknow, the state capital, in December with clear instructions to its cadres to ensure more crowds than the ones that BSP chief Mayawati's rallies draw.

Uttar Pradesh, sources claimed, will be divided into eight zones for the elections, due by May, and each zone will be addressed by the 63-year-old Gujarat Chief Minister, starting next month.

Besides, the party is also likely to look for "suitable candidates for the Lok Sabha election keeping in mind the social fabric of the constituency."

The exercise comes at a time when the state's Samajwadi Party government led by Akhilesh Yadav is struggling with the aftermath of communal clashes which killed nearly 50 people and displaced 40,000 in Muzaffarnagar. The young CM has faced angry protests.

Uttar Pradesh, with its 80 seats, contributes about 15 percent of the Lok Sabha's 545 MPs and plays an important role in deciding which party comes to power at the Centre. In the 2009 General Elections, the BJP was last behind the Samajwadi Party, BSP and congress ..

@Nair saab there is a chance modi ji may contest from mathura as u have suggested in your earlier post ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You're accused of siding with those who are destroying our country in front of our eyes.

There are many here who were NEVER BJP supporters but only have comes forward after Modi's declaration.

If that is what you want to mask as Modi hatred then what can be said?

So the point is if I do not support BJP, I automatically become a congress supporter?

So the point is if I do not support BJP, I automatically become a congress supporter?

No the point is you don't support modi because most of the people support him you think he is like all other politician yes could be true after all he is a politician what we try to convince you is that he is better than what we have right now .. see he is in power in Gujrat for more than 10 years he is right now the biggest threat for congress which is right now a ruling party Congress is looking into every detail of modi to find some flows like scandals scam but they didn't come out other than this 2002 saga ... That itself is a good achievement of modi after ruling for more than 10 years and bringing billions of dollars amount no one can put a finger towards him ...

Dr Subramanian Swamy to interact with Social Media friends on Sunday 22nd Sept 2013 from 5:30 pm at Gurukul High School, first floor AC Hall, Tilak Road, Ghatkopar East, Mumbai , You are welcome - Jagdish Shetty

Modji meeting his mother ... Very Heart Touching ... Look at the type of house his Mother stays ... a very common Indian household, a very ordinary family ...

This should be the real India's story of a tea seller boy from a Backward caste family, becoming the PM of the Biggest Democracy a story of equal opportunity for all ... unlike of Kangress propaganda of same treatment for all which is only in paper...

Unlike 10 Janpath of Sonia Gandi ... we can see a real Old Indian mother in Modijis mother ... she must be such a proud mother to have a son like Narendra Modi ...

Why leave the ambiguity to play mind games?

You hate BJP because its leaders are Hindus in their own country. Isn't it? Or is it the famous 2002 riots?

Or what?

Because you know, there are more riots under secularist vermin than 2002, which was politically motivated to oppose a person who had just overthrown Al Khangress in decades in that state.

We can only tell you to open your eyes and save the country from destruction.

Modi has a track record to show.

Unless you have vested interests, there is absolutely no reason why you are so uptight about just this one person.

Like I said, people here support him more than BJP as a whole. And his work proves it.

It is not on the paper only like how your secular gods claim; I have seen it all with my own eyes.

And trust me, even without the fancy skyscrapers of Connought Place or Nariman point, Ahmedabad and Vadodara looks far more developed than either of these two cities in fundamentals of what a city is supposed to be built on.

You hate BJP because its leaders are Hindus in their own country. Isn't it? Or is it the famous 2002 riots?

Or what?

Because you know, there are more riots under secularist vermin than 2002, which was politically motivated to oppose a person who had just overthrown Al Khangress in decades in that state.

Unless you have vested interests, there is absolutely no reason why you are so uptight about just this one person.

Like I said, people here support him more than BJP as a whole. And his work proves it.

It is not on the paper only like how your secular gods claim; I have seen it all with my own eyes.

And trust me, even without the fancy skyscrapers of Connought Place or Nariman point, Ahmedabad and Vadodara looks far more developed than either of these two cities in fundamentals of what a city is supposed to be built on.

Not only cities look at this :

The distance between Ghogha and Dahej is 360 km by road, but only 17 nautical miles (30 km) by sea. With the launch of a ferry service, the travel time between the two places can be cut from the 7-8 hours currently to just one hour.and this mega project is not only on the paper as all other big projects of india it is working on full fledge this ghogha terminus is just 2.5km fro my farm house do visit it regularly ...it will reduce the time of bhavnagar to mumbai from 11 hours to just 5 hours ;)

Or what?

In the end it all came to religion right?? I hate BJP because its leaders are Hindu?? That's the best you can get.. If I hate BJP for Gujrat riot then I have enough reasons to hate congress for many religious riot... Do not go down to that way.. My religion is my personal matter.. Nothing to do with the choice I made about my country..

What makes you think Modi will be any better than this guys? How you sure that we are choosing the wrong person which will only lead to this country for destruction?? As I said, we are choosing Modi out of desperation.. He choose the right time to boost his image through internet campaign and ads and We like the sheeps fell for it..

You totally missed the point, its the other way around.. There are credible leaders in BJP who is much more efficient that him..

And what track records are you talking about.. Gujrat always have a decent GDP growth rate than India even before Modi came to power.. He is just reaping its benefit..Just read this article..

Modi's myths about Gujarat's growth and other hype - Rediff.com Business

And trust me, even without the fancy skyscrapers of Connought Place or Nariman point, Ahmedabad and Vadodara looks far more developed than either of these two cities in fundamentals of what a city is supposed to be built on

As I said, Modi is benefited by the business minded people and vast coastal areas.. He wont be able to do his so called "magic" in national level when he face though opposition than some yes Sayers in his state..

No the point is you don't support modi because most of the people support him you think he is like all other politician yes could be true after all he is a politician what we try to convince you is that he is better than what he have right now .. see he is in power in Gujrat for more than 10 years he is right now the biggest threat for congress which is right now a ruling party Congress is looking into every detail of modi to find some flows like scandals scam but they didn't come out other than this 2002 saga ... That itself is a good achievement of modi after ruling for more than 10 years and bringing billions of dollars amount no one can put a finger towards him ...

I am asking you, you really think it is possible to replicate this when he comes to power in center?

It's old article nevertheless still relevant .

The bahu's inheritance

For a woman who rejected an offer to head the Congress Party in 1991, Sonia Gandhi has come a long way in revealing her true colours. In Indian politics, when a political leader from an illustrious family or a popular figure, bureaucrat or police officer dies, the custom is to cash in on popular sympathy and immediately give his widow or daughter a ticket to fight the next election if no suitable male heirs are available. Bahus are lower in the order of priority. The woman concerned might learn to be a good parliamentarian or legislator only if and after she is elected. The Italian-born head of India's oldest political party, whose USP is apparently being the bahu of a family that has ``sacrificed'' for the country is now taking whatever she can get and even claiming the prime ministership before having been required to contest any election.

Photo-ops and family connections don't make much of a bio-data for the job of presiding over the destiny of a billion people, but consider the number ofcakes Sonia Gandhi has in her possession. In the early days of her widowhood Manmohan Singh as finance minister gifted away Rs 100 crore to her newly set-up Rajiv Gandhi Foundation. An NGO has to show three years of work before the government grants it even Rs 10,000. Yet Sonia got this whopping sum without having to ask, and had to enact a hasty refusal to save the finance minister embarrassment in Parliament. Since then the RGF has received facilities and vast amounts of money from the government. This includes a cheque for Rs 50 lakh for its own charitable work, which the concerned ministry was then shocked to see being presented to the Spastics Society of Calcutta, headed by aunt-in-law Sudha Kaul. Free tickets from Air India for participants of RGF seminars and courtesy visits by foreign dignitaries were thoughtfully facilitated by the MEA. On its governing body are scam-tainted people on bail. Donors had their contributions frozen when their scam links became public. Invitations to Rashtrapati Bhavanand functions in the Central Hall of Parliament even before being installed as head of the largest opposition party also ensured photo-ops. A widows' home in Hardwar, a project initiated and sponsored by the Ministry of Welfare this year, suddenly found Sonia Gandhi inaugurating it. A photo-op that was desperately sought by K. Karunakaran and V. George was a visit to Sonia Gandhi by disabled children who were part of a Ministry of Welfare float on Republic Day this year. The concerned agencies refused, despite repeated calls, including one from the bahu herself.

The Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts quietly changed its constitution to make Sonia Gandhi Chief Trustee for life and removed the provision stipulating that the President would be its visitor for a 10-year term, even though it is a fully government-funded institution. This convenient sleight of hand provides her with an extra private secretary who is also given government accommodation.

The legacy of copyrights is stranger still.The government's Publications Division holds the copyright of prime ministerial speeches, including those of Jawaharlal Nehru. But in the case of Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi, the copyright vests with the family and its heirs. Similarly, the Nehru Memorial Fund has published Letters to the Chief Ministers among the selected works of Jawaharlal Nehru. The bulk of the writings are from government files, but have been published by a private trust headed by Sonia Gandhi. The royalties go to ``the family.''

Teen Murti House is a wholly government-owned property, yet it houses the Nehru Memorial Fund, the Nehru Cambridge Trust and the head office of the Kamla Nehru Hospital in Allahabad, all of which are private trusts, naturally headed by Sonia Gandhi. The Nehru Planetarium was built by the Nehru Memorial Fund on government land without formal permission. Naturally, the bahu is also the President of the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library, although these are also wholly government-funded bodies.The Congress was allocated prime land by the government to build its headquarters on Akbar Road in New Delhi. The Rs 9 crore building was never occupied by the party. It is now in the possession of the RGF.

Sonia Gandhi can hardly belabour the sacrifices of the family of which she is now the prime beneficiary. Unfortunately, Indira Gandhi's sacrifice was a result of her disastrous Punjab policy. Rajiv Gandhi's owed to the Gandhi family legacy of first training the LTTE and then sending in the IPKF to destroy it. Disastrous policies cannot result in sacrifices, no matter how tragic the assassinations were. Neither the sacrifice of Mahatma Gandhi nor those of thousands who died in the freedom struggle have encouraged their descendants to lay claim to so much.

Apart from such material legacies, Sonia has taken over the Congress presidentship in an ugly coup and obtained the leadership of the Parliamentary Party through a hasty amendment in the party's constitution. And in April she told Jyoti Basu that shewanted to be prime minister.

The supporters of the ``foreigners have been accepted in India'' theory constantly harp on the examples of Mother Teresa and Annie Besant, as if Sonia Gandhi belongs to the same philanthropic tradition. Because the RGF is flush with government and private funds, photographs regularly appear of Sonia Gandhi giving ambulances to the sick and wheelchairs to the handicapped. However, Mother Teresa's life was one of total self sacrifice. She did not play party politics on the side or lay claim to the prime ministership. Annie Besant's remarkable work was done on her own strength and commitment without any country paying the astronomical costs of her upkeep. Sonia Gandhi claims the precedent of a Besant, the service of a Mother Teresa and prime ministership besides. Quite a claim from a person whose public interaction consists of 10-minute speeches consisting of trite cliches written by ghosts. She has neither demonstrated the intellectual ability of the khandaan's Nehru norgained the political experience of the saas, Indira. As for pati Rajiv, there is no harm in remembering that as prime minister in his only stint in politics, he earned his party a defeat in the general elections of 1989. Just being married, producing heirs and being widowed is indeed the role of most Indian bahus, but they have not yet become the criteria for any of them to claim such a vast inheritance, including the prime minister's chair.

In the end it all came to religion right?? I hate BJP because its leaders are Hindu?? That's the best you can get.. If I hate BJP for Gujrat riot then I have enough reasons to hate congress for many religious riot... Do not go down to that way.. My religion is my personal matter.. Nothing to do with the choice I made about my country..

What makes you think Modi will be any better than this guys? How you sure that we are choosing the wrong person which will only lead to this country for destruction?? As I said, we are choosing Modi out of desperation.. He choose the right time to boost his image through internet campaign and ads and We like the sheeps fell for it..

You totally missed the point, its the other way around.. There are credible leaders in BJP who is much more efficient that him..

And what track records are you talking about.. Gujrat always have a decent GDP growth rate than India even before Modi came to power.. He is just reaping its benefit..Just read this article..

Modi's myths about Gujarat's growth and other hype - Rediff.com Business

As I said, Modi is benefited by the business minded people and vast coastal areas.. He wont be able to do his so called "magic" in national level when he face though opposition than some yes Sayers in his state..

I am asking you, you really think it is possible to replicate this when he comes to power in center?

He has better chance then others to replicate it... Yes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom