What's new

Indian Political Corner | General Election 2014, All Updates & Discussions.

NaMo :tup:

LK Advani breaks his silence, lauds BJP PM nominee Narendra Modi

Bilaspur: It seems Bharatiya Janata Party patriarch LK Advani is finally on board over Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's anointment as the party's Prime Ministerial candidate. After his absence from the BJP's Parliamentary board meeting, Advani on Monday finally broke his silence and appreciated Modi while speaking in Chhattisgarh. "There was a quest to provide villages with electricity, and it was the dream of Shivraj Singh Chouhan along with Modi. Modi was the first person to provide three villages at the same time with electricity," Advani said while dedicating a power plant in Bilaspur in Chhattisgarh.
"It was BJP government under Vajpayee that I was given the responsibility to make this Chhattisgarh state. We worked not for mere vote bank politics, we worked honestly for the people," Advani added.
This comes after days of Advani's conspicuous silence on Modi's anointment as BJP's PM candidate. On Sunday too, Modi and Advani attended sacked BJP leader and eminent lawyer Ram Jethmalani's 90th birthday celebrations. The celebration took place at Jethmalani's Delhi residence and he was seen sitting between Advani and Modi.
It was seen as an effort to placate the sulking leader as Advani opposed the BJP's decision on Modi's candidature and even skipped the party's Parliamentary Board meeting on Friday. Even when the BJP has supported Modi's candidature and its allies endorsed the decision, the party patriarch had remained defaint. Many senior party leaders met Advani in order to convince him. Party President Rajanth Singh also held a series of meetings with him in order to garner support for Modi's candidature. On the other hand, Advani had conveyed to Rajnath and Sushma Swaraj that if the party goes ahead with the decision, then he will lose interest in the working of the party. What turned out to be an embarrassment for the party was the letter written by Advani to Rajnath and was made public minutes after Modi was anointed. He wrote, "I had expressed my pain to you and I am disappointed at the way you are running the party."

LK Advani breaks his silence, lauds BJP PM nominee Narendra Modi
here goes the last internal hurdle,seems like advaniji didn't have many options :yay:

He will be the next president of India :)

His speech was excellent,No politician till now cared for the armed forces personnel, this is the first time i seen a politician care and talk about them.He should also mention what changes he will bring once BJP comes into power,so far till now BJP managed to show everyone corruption of congress and how it caused great depression in INDIA.It's time to capitalize on that and provide options to people that they have the solution, so that people can be confident.All the time i hear from non-bjp people is how can he do it?etc.They should formulate a point to point agenda in a systematic way like planning commission and show that in power point- presentation to everyone.People decide what is best for them, So You sell them what they want and hope they vote for you.It is time BJP said "Hum aayenge toh yeh karenge aur yeh change karenge etc.".

Last edited by a moderator:
Dalal Street bulls back Narendra Modi in hope of revival

MUMBAI: BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi has found support on Dalal Street. After five years of policy paralysis and corruption scandals during the tenure of UPA-II, the sensex is ranged around the 19k mark amid a slowing economy. With investors mostly out of the money in all but a handful of stocks, D-Street bulls have decided to support the man credited with bringing prosperity to Gujarat, a state from where most of the brokers come from.

"Most brokers and traders come from Gujarat and the neighbouring Rajasthan. They have seen prosperity first hand. They are also the ones who are willing to take more risks than people from other states. So even if supporting Modi seems like a risky proposition, they are willing to do that," said a veteran of the Street.

According to Deven Choksey, MD, K R Choksey Shares & Securities, the market has been more or less in a dry spell in the last five years as the economy has slowed because of the incorrect policies of the government. "Manufacturing, agriculture, services... all the sectors badly want growth. With Modi promising to bring in the Gujarat model, I think he has a good chance," Choksey said.

So what is it that has prompted investors to support Modi? "There are three reasons why Dalal Street wants Modi to become the PM," said Arun Kejriwal, director, KRIS. "First, he has been able to instill faith among people about his ability to lead with speed. Second, people believe that he can give us a clean administration with the ability to implement plans. And they believe in Modi's vision."

Being a Gujarati, Modi can speak the language brokers and traders associate with. According to the head of a retail broking house, recently Modi was the chief guest at a function in Ahmedabad where top market analysts were awarded. "During his speech, the connect between him and us was instant... And the best thing that struck me was this man can execute his plan and also talk about it in a way that can sway people's minds," the broking house head said.

Even foreign fund managers support Modi, but with a hint of caution. "Secretly... quietly a lot of FIIs are hoping that Modi becomes the PM," said a top official with an India-targeted FII. "The reasons for this are Modi is focused, business friendly, brings clarity to the table and has a track record to back all the three traits. Investors love such people," the official said.

​Dalal Street bulls back Narendra Modi in hope of revival - The Times of India

Dalal Street bulls back Narendra Modi in hope of revival

MUMBAI: BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi has found support on Dalal Street. After five years of policy paralysis and corruption scandals during the tenure of UPA-II, the sensex is ranged around the 19k mark amid a slowing economy. With investors mostly out of the money in all but a handful of stocks, D-Street bulls have decided to support the man credited with bringing prosperity to Gujarat, a state from where most of the brokers come from.

"Most brokers and traders come from Gujarat and the neighbouring Rajasthan. They have seen prosperity first hand. They are also the ones who are willing to take more risks than people from other states. So even if supporting Modi seems like a risky proposition, they are willing to do that," said a veteran of the Street.

According to Deven Choksey, MD, K R Choksey Shares & Securities, the market has been more or less in a dry spell in the last five years as the economy has slowed because of the incorrect policies of the government. "Manufacturing, agriculture, services... all the sectors badly want growth. With Modi promising to bring in the Gujarat model, I think he has a good chance," Choksey said.

So what is it that has prompted investors to support Modi? "There are three reasons why Dalal Street wants Modi to become the PM," said Arun Kejriwal, director, KRIS. "First, he has been able to instill faith among people about his ability to lead with speed. Second, people believe that he can give us a clean administration with the ability to implement plans. And they believe in Modi's vision."

Being a Gujarati, Modi can speak the language brokers and traders associate with. According to the head of a retail broking house, recently Modi was the chief guest at a function in Ahmedabad where top market analysts were awarded. "During his speech, the connect between him and us was instant... And the best thing that struck me was this man can execute his plan and also talk about it in a way that can sway people's minds," the broking house head said.

Even foreign fund managers support Modi, but with a hint of caution. "Secretly... quietly a lot of FIIs are hoping that Modi becomes the PM," said a top official with an India-targeted FII. "The reasons for this are Modi is focused, business friendly, brings clarity to the table and has a track record to back all the three traits. Investors love such people," the official said.

​Dalal Street bulls back Narendra Modi in hope of revival - The Times of India

So all in all every one love him other then congress ;)

All I can say to people like @seiko and others who blame Modi ji of double standards etc. is that the stakes are really high this time. India is on the verge of being derailed. Being an also ran in the race for predominance in Asia, and then the world. The plot is unraveling. Fast. The world is looking at us and silently saying, aaaah well, it was too good to last. What we need today is to kickstart the economy. Bring in decisive governance. Take firm action. Have the strength of conviction. Be autocratic where required and run roughshod over the ones who hem and haw and dither till doomsday. Someone who can with a firm stroke of his sword cut through the seemingly impenetrable Gordonian knot that is the morass of Indian polity and economy and industry and bureaucracy today.

If Modi needs to play Congress at its own game to come to power and win the opportunity to try to do all this for India, then I will not lose a single wink of sleep over it. Because I may be young and inexperienced, but I am not naive. If you go into a lair of wolves to drive them out, you do not plan of observing the rules. The time and luxury for that can come when you have the breathing space once the wolves have been driven away. Till then, when dealing with wolves, be a bear. And the nastier the better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom