What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

BJP in self destruct mode as usual, remember DP Yadav in 2004?

@arp2041 seriously bata will you vote for them now that this faggot muthalik has been inducted? I say **** the elections

Yaar i understand idiots like these shouldn't be entertained, & i think raising voice will certainly have an impact & BJP will have to make a U-turn on it's decision.

But on the other note, i hope that you understand that inducting him doesn't make whole BJP against women, right?

Why is BJP trying to shoot itself in the foot??? If you want to target young urban voters you have to send out a clear message. You cannot have development as your main issue and induct people like Muthalik at the same time..Is this going to adversely impact BJP in the long run only time will tell

Yaar i understand idiots like these shouldn't be entertained, & i think raising voice will certainly have an impact & BJP will have to make a U-turn on it's decision.

But on the other note, i hope that you understand that inducting him doesn't make whole BJP against women, right?

All I know is that they can kiss a major chunk of their votes (especially educated middle class) goodbye if this goon is not expelled from the party.

Who cares what happens in Congress..? They are gone..

Media showing irrelevant things about Modi is one thing, handing them a sure shot package like Muthalik is totally another. Who would like to live in a place where the loonies like Muthalik roam around ..? I cant fathom to live in a place where my family will be beaten because they decide to have a drink in Bar.

This move is going to resonate with a lot of potential BJP voters. Muthalik has to go or, Modi can say Goodbye to his PM dreams...

Think twice.........

Cruelty in Karnataka: Tourists thrashed and beaten for partying and 'making noise' past the 'time limit' | Mail Online

A party organised to celebrate Valentine's Day turned into a nightmare for over 200 foreign tourists in the temple town of Gokarna in Karnataka when the police allegedly resorted to an unprovoked lathi charge on them.

Though the police claimed the tourists were crossing the permissible "time limit", "making noise" in the middle of the night and partying in forest area, the foreigners claimed they were beaten black and blue without any provocation.

The shocked tourists have now approached their respective embassies to seek justice. Gokarna, 585 km from Bangalore, is among popular international tourist destinations for backpackers.

article-2565678-1BBD7E2600000578-14_306x412.jpg

article-2565678-1BBD7E3200000578-415_306x412.jpg

Of late, because of increased restrictions in Goa and rise in attacks on foreigners, Gokarna has turned into a safe alternative.

But with the influx of tourists allegations of drug peddling and the supply of contraband in Gokarna, around 100 km from Goa, is reportedly on the rise.

On the night of the incident, more than 200 tourists had gathered in a forest area near Kudle beach.

They had lit up bonfire and were dancing to live music beyond 12:30 am (in Karnataka all commercial establishments have to shut by 11pm).

While the party was on, 10 policemen came and allegedly demanded money from the foreigners to continue the party.

article-2565678-1BBD7E2E00000578-622_306x423.jpg

When the tourists refused to bribe them, the police allegedly mercilessly caned them without a warning.

Tourists from as many as 25 different nations, including the UK, US, France, Israel, Australia and Russia, were reportedly injured.

None of the tourists has lodged any complaint with the local police fearing a backlash, but 60 of them preferred approaching the media with a petition, a copy of which has also been sent to the embassies of the US and four European countries seeking intervention, they said.

The petition states: "We witnessed women being dragged by the arms, pulled by their hair, their faces slapped and beaten about their bodies with sticks.

"We offered no resistance at all but they continued to indiscriminately attack us with sticks, repeatedly hitting us without any restraint, and causing numerous injuries."

Uttara Kannada district SP R Dileep, however, said the Gokarna police received a complaint from the forest department that foreigners were partying in the reserved area.

"We had raided the place because we had information that cannabis was being supplied at the party by Indians. The revellers did not cooperate and prevented them from performing their duties. We resorted to a mild lathi charge after they assaulted one of the cops," he said.

The police have arrested one Hari Lulla, 35, on suspicion of being a drug peddler.

Why is BJP trying to shoot itself in the foot??? If you want to target young urban voters you have to send out a clear message. You cannot have development as your main issue and induct people like Muthalik at the same time..Is this going to adversely impact BJP in the long run only time will tell

Forget about Long run...This move will make sure BJP gets much less seats in urban India.. Why would someone vote for a party which inducts people like Muthalik.. Whats next..? Babu Bajrangi as MP..?

Oh Come on... This and many episodes like this can never be a reason to induct Muthalik.. He can keep serving Hindutva from Ram Sene not from BJP...

Are you being sarcastic or serious ? Totally disagree with BJP's move. We (atleast I) don't want that sheer madness to grip in the society. We enough had all these nuisance.

A bit of both.

He might have a good support base so there is political compulsion. Similar to tying up with parties that support LTTE in TN. Shiv Sena and MNS is no less....... so why this double standard ?

Sure it makes poor media headlines, but people have short memories.

WTF is wrong with BJP. Why are they hell bent on destroying a perfectly good campaign... Sad...

Who needs Kejriwal when BJP is accepting Muthalik...? Who in devil's name is taking such decisions..? WTF is wrong with BJP..? Now I fully understand what Madhu Kishwar was saying. A huge group in BJP is ensuring that BJP does not win more than 160..

I'm just utterly astonished to see what's going on in the past couple of weeks? BJPs poll campaign was running like a well oiled machine & well ahead of it's opponents. But now I can see a pattern to it... things are going off track & campaign is getting derailed.

By enrolling this Mutalik bloke BJP just shot itself in the foot. This guy has absolutely no great following other than few hooligans. He is just a bad news for BJP. I mean.. c'mon why on earth you would want to bring someone in who is one of the most despised figure among every section of society? Grrrhhhhh... :hitwall:

Forget about Long run...This move will make sure BJP gets much less seats in urban India.. Why would someone vote for a party which inducts people like Muthalik.. Whats next..? Babu Bajrangi as MP..?
Oh Come on... This and many episodes like this can never be a reason to induct Muthalik.. He can keep serving Hindutva from Ram Sene not from BJP...

There are fringe elements in all parties. Muthalik is BJP's extreme right winger. He does have a support base, but No one is making him MP or MLA yet. He's in BJP because he would have negotiated hard for his vote.

Will be a masterstroke if Namo publicly denies inducting him...Will be a shot in the arm for BJP.

Way thing are going at the present moment... looks like there is section within BJP is at work to undermine Modi's credibility & derail the poll campaign. Lot of arm chair generals within BJP realise that their work will be cut out if Modi comes into power.. & hence there's an attempt to limit BJPs progerss.. & keep the tally at borderline so that it would bring others into the fore!

There are fringe elements in all parties. Muthalik is BJP's extreme right winger. He does have a support base, but No one is making him MP or MLA yet. He's in BJP because he would have negotiated hard for his vote.

Sorry friend, but have to disagree. He MIGHT be having some support base, but am sure it would hardly count and be significant where we are talking about million voters. Look, it will prove counter-productive; not help BJP anyway.

All is needed that ONE senior and influential voice at national level in the BJP to oppose this idiot Muthalik.

Exactly... He is a fringe element and deserves to be in his fringe group. Not in BJP. And his support base will anyway vote for BJP. By inducting him BJP has made sure that many urban voters will think twice before voting for BJP candidates.

Back
Top Bottom