What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

I am waiting for the day bro and yes I want to see Congress decimated their disgusting communal and dynastic politics have no place in modern India BUT I want Modi to make it a priority to bring the wrong doers (mostly senior Congress leaders) to justice. Yesterday marked the THIRTIETH anniversary of the atrocities and day by day many of the victims are passing away never having seen true justice.

The sooner the better....

The Indian public is evolutionary, not revolutionary.
Sad as it may be..the truth is that if BJP goes after Congress hard, then Congress will start getting support again. Gandhi name still has value in the villages - and India is still 70% rural.

I think BJP is taking the right approach, instead of targeting Congress on one big issue, they are using 20 small issues to keep pushing it back.

I think the BJP willl play its '84 card around next election time for a major blow. The SIT will come out with its reports and some politicians will be jailed. I can only hope that it will be Tytler and his fellow cronies.

If I owned a hostel I too would not want teenagers to set fire to anything even on diwali. They can do it at their homes, not on my property. Candles, dias or crackers.

I don't think there is anything more than common sense behind this order.

People have been lighting candles and diyas for ever in India and we are still alive here to see more Diwalis. These are college students, not 2 year olds. There is no law in India which is against lighting candles in homes or hostels. Absurd argument.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People have been lighting candles and diyas for ever in India and we are still alive here to see more Diwalis. These are college students, not 2 year olds. There is no law in India which is against lighting candles in homes or hostels. Absurd argument.

A girls hostel full of teenagers who wear the latest fashion flammable clothes and who are super excited to be celebrating diwali with their friend without parental or any kind of supervision and lighting candles INSIDE the hostel (with its curtains, bedsheets, clothes strewn everywhere) is a sure recipe for disaster.

You may be willing to take that risk that nothing will go wrong. I will NEVER take that risk, even at the cost of sounding like an old fashioned kill joy.

Its not about the law, its about understanding human behaviour and risk mitigation. Its about safe guarding your own interests. If kids want to have fun (all sort :P) they can do it where they risk their own lives and reputation and money, not mine. Its as simple as that.

A girls hostel full of teenagers who wear the latest fashion flammable clothes and who are super excited to be celebrating diwali with their friend without parental or any kind of supervision and lighting candles INSIDE the hostel is a sure recipe for disaster.

You may be willing to take that risk that nothing will go wrong. I will NEVER take that risk, even at the cost of sounding like an old fashioned kill joy.

Its not about the law, its about understanding human behaviour and risk mitigation. Its about safe guarding your own interests. If kids want to have fun (all sort :P) they can do it where they risk their own lives and reputation and money, not mine. Its as simple as that.

Parental supervision for medical students? They are excitable teens wearing inflammable clothes? May be you forgot to read the whole tweet, we are not talking of residents of a lunatic asylum. Do not argue just for sake of argument.

Parental supervision for medical students? They are excitable teens wearing inflammable clothes? May be you forgot to read the whole tweet, we are not talking of residents of a lunatic asylum. Do not argue just for sake of argument.

Do you know why most Indians do not give houses on rent to bachelors ? Even those with jobs ?

A hostel full of teenage girls is a lunatic asylum :lol:

A girls hostel full of teenagers who wear the latest fashion flammable clothes and who are super excited to be celebrating diwali with their friend without parental or any kind of supervision and lighting candles INSIDE the hostel (with its curtains, bedsheets, clothes strewn everywhere) is a sure recipe for disaster.

:rofl::rofl: I suggest they also live in dark short circuit is any day is more riskier than some diyas

Do you know why most Indians do not give houses on rent to bachelors ? Even those with jobs ?

A hostel full of teenage girls is a lunatic asylum :lol:

The only reason they do not give houses to bachelors is because they may end up bringing home prostitutes and picking up fights and giving the area a bad name. Otherwise, people as far as I know have never objected to anyone, even kids lighting up candles, in the property they let out. If anything, children are the ones who end up being the ones who take over the lighting of candles in most houses.

The only reason they do not give houses to bachelors is because they may end up bringing home prostitutes and picking up fights and giving the area a bad name. Otherwise, people as far as I know have never objected to anyone, even kids lighting up candles, in the property they let out. If anything, children are the ones who end up being the ones who take over the lighting of candles in most houses.

Any person (man or women) without immediate family around them tend to do "stupid" things. You put a couple of them in a room and the probability of them doing "stupid" things multiply exponentially. That is human nature.

To cut it short, I am a pretty hard core hindutvadi guy and IF I had a hostel full of teenage girls or boys I will never allow them to light anything inside or even immediately outside my hostel during Diwali.

:rofl::rofl: I suggest they also live in dark short circuit is any day is more riskier than some diyas

........good idea :coffee:

Any person (man or women) without immediate family around them tend to do "stupid" things. You put a couple of them in a room and the probability of them doing "stupid" things multiply exponentially. That is human nature.

To cut it short, I am a pretty hard core hindutvadi guy and IF I had a hostel full of teenage girls or boys I will never allow them to light anything inside or even immediately outside my hostel during Diwali.

.......good idea :coffee:

Dude firecrackers maybe yes, some Diyas No they are not some security risk. If that has been the case whole India would have been burned down on Diwali. The girls just like in any guys and girls in any hostel in India had the right to celebrate Diwali or any festival, both the college and you are being over the top here

In our hostel we used to go bonkers even with fire crackers and FYI we never burned down the college or the hostel

Dude firecrackers maybe yes, some Diyas No they are not some security risk. If that has been the case whole India would have been burned down on Diwali. The girls just like in any guys and girls in any hostel in India had the right to celebrate Diwali or any festival, both the college and you are being over the top here

In our hostel we used to go bonkers even with fire crackers and FYI we never burned down the college or the hostel

Let me put in a simple language you understand.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR RIGHTS. My first priority is MYSELF. Get it ?

My FIRST concern is MY money, MY reputation, MY responsibility, MY headache, MY liabilities, MY risks. Everything else comes SECOND.

I DO NOT want the headache or the worries about something going wrong. If they don't great, if they do, its MY @ss on the line.

Finally I do not care if you did not did not burn down your hostel. I will only worried about MY hostel.

Welcome to the Real world. The world of Grown Up's with Responsibilities and Liabilities that can get to sent to jail because you decided to be "lenient" with kids who wanted to have "fun".

This is my last post on this topic.

Let me put in a simple language you understand.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR RIGHTS. My first priority is MYSELF. Get it ?

My FIRST concern is MY money, MY reputation, MY responsibility, MY headache, MY liabilities, MY risks. Everything else comes SECOND.

I DO NOT want the headache or the worries about something going wrong. If they don't great, if they do, its MY @ss on the line.

Finally I do not care if you did not did not burn down your hostel. I will only worried about MY hostel.

Welcome to the Real world. The world of Grown Up's with Responsibilities and Liabilities that can get to sent to jail because you decided to be "lenient" with kids who wanted to have "fun".

This is my last post on this topic.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR RIGHTS. are you for real?

Your Hostel and not your Jail, again few freaking Diya are not security risk or anything is that so hard to understand

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You missed the most important that the college is under minority Muslim management....

Back
Top Bottom