What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Real redefining moments for the likes of Laloo & Behenji type politicians, who thrive on playing caste based politics. Glad to see those rural & not so privileged lot proving themselves that they are not pushovers any more!

But the issue is that these identities may reassert themselves when the next round of RS polls come about, the real victory will be to strike at the heart of such divides at the regional level in the RS polls. That's why I was telling Arp that the NDA needs to start cultivating local faces and leaders worthy of state admin in states like UP and Bihar from Right NOW so that in the future the politics of development will seep in to the very soil of the states as even state admins change for the better like in MP and Chattisgarh.

But the issue is that these identities may reassert themselves when the next round of RS polls come about, the real victory will be to strike at the heart of such divides at the regional level in the RS polls. That's why I was telling Arp that the NDA needs to start cultivating local faces and leaders worthy of state admin in states like UP and Bihar from Right NOW so that in the future the politics of development will seep in to the very soil of the states as even state admins change for the better like in MP and Chattisgarh.
As they say... old habits die hard. There isn't going to be a sudden & immediate change in the mindset of voting public. Should that be the case... Laloo would have been history in this election. Still he managed to grab few more than Nitish Kumar. But at-least it's a start... & things can only get consolidated from here. Dynamics in Bihar will be changed pretty soon. There's going to be re-election sooner than later once the formality of MLAs walking out of JDU is over & done with. Then again.. it would be a real triumph if people of Bihar decide to vote for the welfare of their state rather than going with the form of the party! At least they have the choice now!

As they say... old habits die hard. There isn't going to be a sudden & immediate change in the mindset of voting public. Should that be the case... Laloo would have been history in this election. Still he managed to grab few more than Nitish Kumar. But at-least it's a start... & things can only get consolidated from here. Dynamics in Bihar will be changed pretty soon. There's going to be re-election sooner than later once the formality of MLAs walking out of JDU is over & done with. Then again.. it would be a real triumph if people of Bihar decide to vote for the welfare of their state rather than going with the form of the party! At least they have the choice now!

I really want to see Bihar and WB get developed so that region may serve as a beach-head for developing the whole of the NE.

Ab tumhari pittayi hogi. :P
It is"hindi nahi maloom" :-)

Hmm 370 and UCC might happen if BJP gets a 2nd term not before that.

I don't agree. With a decisive mandate these 2 issues will definitely be taken up maybe not now but in a couple of years when Rajyasabha situation is more appealing.

Article 370 may be problematic because it requires 2/3rd majority and support of states but UCC is a done deal.

Remember these are core issues also promised in manifesto. Last time could not be taken up because of lack of majority now it is no problem

Bush was a complete idiot. Dick was the brains behind everything.
Im not too happy with Obama either. On the other hand, i believe Modi's focus will be BRICS and will follow thru "look east policy".

Last edited:
Pure desh ko aloo shuktoh khilane ka plan jo flop ho gaya.

It takes most Bongs at least a generation to let go of the Bengal syndrome once they actually get out of Bengal, and even there hardliner families who care only for their ideologies just can't help it.

Probably the minority of Bongos anywhere who are NDA supporters..Most of my relatives back in the City of Joy are tooth and nail Didi supporters.
This is simply not fair.I am a Bengali and me and my entire extended family are die hard supporters of Mr.Modi.Heck i even convinced a lot of my friends here in Kolkata to vote for the NDA instead of the regional political parties.Yeah it's true that the AITMC has won 34 seats in Bengal but just look at the condition of the L.F. here,they have won a mere 2 seats here due to a huge no. of swinging votes going to the BJP.In fact BJP has made a stellar performance in Bengal by grabbing nearly 17% of the total vote share,a phenomenal increase of about 12% vote share and has emerged as the 2nd best party in at least a dozen constituencies.Just give us a few more years and i promise that we'll make BJP strong enough to be the Opposition party in Bengal by dislodging those commies:cheers:

This is simply not fair.I am a Bengali and me and my entire extended family are die hard supporters of Mr.Modi.Heck i even convinced a lot of my friends here in Kolkata to vote for the NDA instead of the regional political parties.Yeah it's true that the AITMC has won 34 seats in Bengal but just look at the condition of the L.F. here,they have won a mere 2 seats here due to a huge no. of swinging votes going to the BJP.In fact BJP has made a stellar performance in Bengal by grabbing nearly 17% of the total vote share,a phenomenal increase of about 12% vote share and has emerged as the 2nd best party in at least a dozen constituencies.Just give us a few more years and i promise that we'll make BJP strong enough to be the Opposition party in Bengal by dislodging those commies:cheers:

Amiyo to bangali, kintu Mamta didi ar left er je Paschim Bongo er opor rule theke che tar pore ekhaner political sensibilities er opor amar kono wishwas nei.

Amiyo to bangali, kintu Mamta didi ar left er je Paschim Bongo er opor rule theke che tar pore ekhaner political sensibilities er opor amar kono wishwas nei.
Don't worry bro as i have earlier said that "Achche din ane wale hain Bengal mein".Just give us a few more years and i am cent percent sure that you'll see the difference.There is a steady rise of BJP in Bengal in the past 1 year and if this trend continues then we'll have them as the main opposition in the coming 2016 Assembly election:agree:

It's in the plan, they are planning to win UP, Bihar and Maharashtra.

I am not sure about TN,other states even in kerala you see BJP in grass root level,but TN i dont see that.

That's strange as Tamils tend to be one of the most conservative Hindus I come across. Anyways hope they make Amit Shah state leader of TN BJP and see how he delivers. He will soon become the biggest nightmare for all regional satraps. I am still unable to digest the fact that he led bjp to victory in over 70 seats in UP.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom