What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Rather than going fully national AAP should have mainly concentrated on Punjab, Haryan, Delhi, Western UP, Eastern Rajasthan, Northern MP and Himachal.

Should have taken it slow & easy. Outside of the area mentioned, AAP should have concentrated on major cities alone. Spreading their resources thin like they did was suicide.

no, it is decided by the party leaders.

Are you saying PM in India is appointed without the approval of Parliament? Time to shift to presidential system.

What you saying mate is only valid as a gossip...

This doesn't tag him as non elected.. Parliament, a body of elected members from all over the country, elected him as a PM.

He is a member Rajya Sabha(upper house) which in Pakistan is known as Senate whose members are indirectly elected and Lok Sabha(lower house) in Pakistan is known as National Assembly whose members are directly elected by people. Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Emmie, I think u misunderstood Indian Democracy. There are 2 houses. Loksabha is only for those ppl who are elected by voting. Rajyasabha is the upper house where Loksabha members choose its members. A PM can be from Rajyasabha too and thats what was the case in 2004.

I have stated it before, I know this system... Upper house and lower house, members of lower house are elected directly whereas members of upper house are elected indirectly means they are elected by elected members of state assembly except few who are selected by president in case of India..

The point I am trying to make is, one remains an elected member even if he's elected indirectly.. Lower house is an elected body therefore member it elects is an elected member by all means. MMS is an elected member, though indirectly, as an elected member (prerequisite for premiership) he's then again elected as a prime minster of India by the parliament.

edited....

He is a member Rajya Sabha(upper house) which in Pakistan is known as Senate whose members are indirectly elected and Lok Sabha(lower house) in Pakistan is known as National Assembly whose members are directly elected by people. Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Please refer to this reply

Last edited:
@arp2041 Spoke to BJP's Delhi Member and he suggested not to celebrate now, massive EVM rigging can happen and 2004 reults can be repeated & be prepared to take this fight to streets on 16th. o_O

Stop worrying about such stuff. We are not yet a banana republic. Your contact is having fun at your expense or is a bit soft in the head himself.

You might like to call it 'elected' but we and most world call it 'nominated' .
This is a FLAW in Parliamentary Democracy.

Actually that was not good for him as well since he isn't elected so he is not able to assert his authority & let himself to work under Sonia.

So near you elected ones are those who are elected directly by janta! But again an elected member is not elected as a PM directly by janta.. I think you are inspired by presidential system.

Back
Top Bottom