What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Todays drama of all this PC fleshing symbol by modiji reminds me of movie bourne supremacy here is what was in that conversastion when CIA director thought jason bourne has made its first mistake ....

Tom Cronin: He's making his first mistake.

Nicky: It's not a mistake. They don't make mistakes. They don't do random. There's always an objective. Always a target.

Pamela Landy: The objectives and targets always came from us. Who's giving them to him now?

Nicky: Scary version? He is.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

As I said, some stats may sound inflated, but they are at least based on actual voter samples. There is some likelihood of their predictions coming true or close.
Indischer - I was thinking about the elections and this struck me - after May 16, Congress will pretty much fade into insignificance. The local parties will also be eroded gradually. In that case it is vital to have a strong national opposition party. If Rahul stays anywhere close to Congress, they will slide to number 3 in the next polls. Who do you think is going to fill up the vacuum? :)

It is important to have a strong opposition. May be after 2 terms, when the economy is back on track and all, I think governments should be alternating. But Congress AAP Left are no longer viable options. :sick:

I think they're biased, but not blinded about the obvious by their bias.

This is a strange statement. A man who biases it 10% this time can bias it 30% next time. That's why you should always look for Nielsen, IMRB, TNS and so on- reliable, largely unbiased research. Problem with all other flyby night operators is that you can't be sure when they're pulling stuff out of their @$$.

Indischer - I was thinking about the elections and this struck me - after May 16, Congress will pretty much fade into insignificance. The local parties will also be eroded gradually. In that case it is vital to have a string national opposition party. If Rahul stays anywhere close to Congress, they will slide to number 3 in the next polls. Who do you think is going to fill up the vacuum? :)

It is important to have a strong opposition. May be after 2 terms, when the economy is back on track and all, I think governments should be alternating. But Congress AAP Left are no longer viable options. :sick:

Priyanka will be around , unless she runs away to italy when her family is exposed

This is a strange statement. A man who biases it 10% this time can bias it 30% next time. That's why you should always look for Nielsen, IMRB, TNS and so on- reliable, largely unbiased research. Problem with all other flyby night operators is that you can't be sure when they're pulling stuff out of their @$$.

Bhai mere itna kyo ro rha hai...........RESULT 16th may ko ajayenge..........even the most neutral of Psephologists can't be 100% on mark.

I'm saying these DMDK, MDMK and Gazillion others (I don't know if Pudhiya Tamizhagam etc. are still there) are basically paperweights. Janata Party (under Swamy) for 20 long years had EXACTLY ONE seat. If Modi wants nos. it has to be with AIDAMK - Coz DMK is gonna be massacred in this round.

Exactly...nobody gaoned anything from this alliance. But DMK lost some votes ensuring thumping victory for Jaya... Its amusing to see psephologists predicting 10 seats for NDA there...

The-Dirty-Picture-Funny-Rahul-Gandhi-Pictures.jpg

10153118_769130003104917_901197594517971456_n.jpg

Indi - I was thinking about the elections and this struck me - after May 16, Congress will pretty much fade into insignificance. The local parties will also be eroded gradually. In that case it is vital to have a string national opposition party. If Rahul stays anywhere close to Congress, they will slide to number 3 in the next polls. Who do you think is going to fill up the vacuum? :)

I'm much more cynical about Congress losing it's significance in India. Their resurgence, however, is tied with the success of BJP at the Centre. If BJP governs badly, the average voter will again fall back on the 'tried and trusted' Congress party.

But I also think that AAP has had an impressive beginning(gotta give them that). If they stay around for a decade and work diligently at the grassroots level, they might displace Congress further in the National arena.

Ta the State level, it's a royal mess. Too many Political Parties with divisive and exclusivist agendas have taken deep root in many States, and the trend will only continue as more and more people hanker for influence.

I'm much more cynical about Congress losing it's significance in India. Their resurgence, however, is tied with the success of BJP at the Centre. If BJP governs badly, the average voter will again fall back on the 'tried and trusted' Congress party.

But I also think that AAP has had an impressive beginning(gotta give them that). If they stay around for a decade and work diligently at the grassroots level, they might displace Congress further in the National arena.

Ta the State level, it's a royal mess. Too many Political Parties with divisive and exclusivist agendas have taken deep root in many States, and the trend will only continue as more and more people hanker for influence.
True that :agree:
AAP has been thoroughly discredited though and I don't see a good future for them. Congress will also have to reinvent itself. It can break itself into smaller parts and shed the dead weight. Then re-merge and fight again. Of course this possible only if BJP performs not just badly but poorly.

Expect riots - instigated by regional parties and Congress to destabilize the Center.

All this they have done before. With great success.

Exactly...nobody gaoned anything from this alliance. But DMK lost some votes ensuring thumping victory for Jaya... Its amusing to see psephologists predicting 10 seats for NDA there...

I don't think that DMK had any chances at all. Karuna has lost his touch and the party is in shambles because of succession battles. And Jaya is one hell of a shrewd political player. Anyone who thinks that she will not be the direct and only enificiery of the chaos doesn't know TN politics well.

Yes. It's always better to look at all angles and hear from all sources. How different are the numbers suggested by other surveys? In any case, these exit polls won't make any difference to the actual results. Why I say these predictions aren't very far off the mark is based on their past record.

Back
Top Bottom