What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

It's a technical point that can be argued either way. The rules bar any political campaigning whatsoever & the EC seems to think that Modi's presser was intended in that line to influence public opinion. Maybe difficult to prove but not an invalid argument.

i just hope is allowed to campaign and sit in PM office

large

Read again.... I never mentioned any name in my post.... when i said that i meant everyone.... Modi (for his married life) Taroor (for his 3rd marriage and fight with his wife over a journalist) and now Digvijay Singh......

I agree that they are public figures... Have their personal life effected us in anyway?????

It's such a liberal thing to suggest that what people do in their personal lives should have no bearing on the way they do their political jobs....Their parenting choices,their religious proclivities,their marital failings and affairs all should be free from the prying eyes of the public. Now thats oxomoronic isnt it?? Because the constant media glare and its feral attacks do make their personal lives permeable.
Do what you will...yes....but don't expect others to condone your actions. Be prepared to defend them.
This applies to policy decisions as well as personal ones, all of them signal what sorta leader a candidate will be. Voting records and position statements aren't illustrative enough. When I am casting my ballot...I want to know that I am electing a man or woman who possesses good judgment and good character.Thats my take on this issue. :)

Bill Clinton's case was different - he had sex with a white house staff, which is why it was a legitimate public issue. There was a genuine conflict of interest there. Also, later he lied about it to the people.
As stated above I dont think there's something called a "legitimate" public issue.Every politician under media glare would be judged,and their personal goofs would be subject to media speculation.
lols but its some odd. Isn't it? 67 years ka dulha aur 42 years ki dulhan. Anyway their lives, their choices.
Yes if Digvijay Singh was somebody I knew personally,this would 've evoked an ewww from me.
And had he not been a public figure I would not even have bothered to read his story,because i would not care about it then.
Politicians 're constantly under the media glare and the social beings that we homosapiens 're,we do tend to judge ppl on the basis of their personal lives.
And I am one of those mango ppl who does it. Confessed!!! :-)

Last edited:
--
lathi charge going on in Hyd:o:
why .. election fraud or AP bifircation rection ?

EC also did blunders ..so will think twice before harsh action..
but action was required and taken...

EC/SC/CAG these are few institution make indian deomcracy liviable
we cant blentanlty accused them
they may not able to achive up to mark performance but their intregrity is high
Lathi charge on orders of INC minister Mukesh Goud on BJP supporters and some communities/societies which support Corporator Raja Singh of BJP to prevent them from voting.Desperation of Mukesh goud as no one was voting for him in that constituency.

Can someone try to sum up the current happening OBJECTIVELY and without being followers of their parties? I have complete mixed signals from my Indian friends(on FB and otherwise).. they seem confused beyond anything as to what is going to happen.
And the "projections" seems to have a much lesser relation to the results.

Man.....This man is SOMETHING, not just India but even an MBA from harward can't match his Marketing Skills!!

If he was a head of a company, he would have made it a MNC in no time.
Trust me this is exactly what crossed my mind today.
He's better than the best when it comes to marketing. :D

Lathi charge on orders of INC minister Mukesh Goud on BJP supporters and some communities/societies which support Corporator Raja Singh of BJP to prevent them from voting.Desperation of Mukesh goud as no one was voting for him in that constituency.
--
shoot video report to media

I have a doubt here....what about all the Congress Leaders who turn up for voting with their hands uncovered and free for public view? Are they seen as flaunting the INC's election symbol in breach of EC regulations?:sarcastic:

Can someone try to sum up the current happening OBJECTIVELY and without being followers of their parties? I have complete mixed signals from my Indian friends(on FB and otherwise).. they seem confused beyond anything as to what is going to happen.
And the "projections" seems to have a much lesser relation to the results.

TBH i might not even know if my bias is influencing my supposed unbiased post of mine, but here it goes

Both internal(of BJP) and external assessment suggests that NDA which is the BJP govt. might get a majority on its own . While the Congress govt. is looking to get around 140 seats so that it can try to align with other regional parties to setup a third front govt. Depending on the seats congress gets either they lead or one of the regional party leaders will become PM . Please note that no govt. other than BJP and congress has survived for even a few months so if a third front does come , then the govt. will be very very unstable and not to mention extremely corrupt ...

As per poll analysis most of the votes seems to be going to NDA and many of the regional parties other than the ones in west Bengal seems to be on the loosing end , due to rather unexpected voting patterns from lower castes . The increasing attacks on Modi by regional parties seems to also somehow suggest change in voting trends . As per current trends people are expecting a BJP govt. led by Modi .

Problem with BJP is they don;t have many allies so if they don't get enough seats there is a possibility of a third front coming to power. In which case i expect reelection within an year or two ..

I have a doubt here....what about all the Congress Leaders who turn up for voting with their hands uncovered and free for public view? Are they seen as flaunting the INC's election symbol in breach of EC regulations?:sarcastic:
--
we should ban watches in maharstra
sharad pawar party logo..
no wathces in maharatra

TBH i might not even know if my bias is influencing my supposed unbiased post of mine, but here it goes

Both internal(of BJP) and external assessment suggests that NDA which is the BJP govt. might get a majority on its own . While the Congress govt. is looking to get around 140 seats so that it can try to align with other regional parties to setup a third front govt. Depending on the seats congress gets either they lead or one of the regional party leaders will become PM . Please note that no govt. other than BJP and congress has survived for even a few months so if a third front does come , then the govt. will be very very unstable and not to mention extremely corrupt ...

As per poll analysis most of the votes seems to be going to NDA and many of the regional parties other than the ones in west Bengal seems to be on the loosing end , due to rather unexpected voting patterns from lower castes . The increasing attacks on Modi by regional parties seems to also somehow suggest change in voting trends . As per current trends people are expecting a BJP govt. led by Modi .

Problem with BJP is they don;t have many allies so if they don't get enough seats there is a possibility of a third front coming to power. In which case i expect reelection within an year or two ..

I used to believe until 2 weeks ago that it is a done deal for NDA. But not exactly that sure now. The idea that NDA can just walk into power without at least one of the big regionals- Jaya, Trinamool or maybe some big Andhra party either in AP or Telangana- seems unlikely. Right now both Jaya and Mamta are spewing venom at modi (hands dripping with blood/ butcher etc.). Exactly who is the regional ally is unclear to me.

I used to believe until 2 weeks ago that it is a done deal for NDA. But not exactly that sure now. The idea that NDA can just walk into power without at least one of the big regionals- Jaya, Trinamool or maybe some big Andhra party either in AP or Telangana- seems unlikely. Right now both Jaya and Mamta are spewing venom at modi (hands dripping with blood/ butcher etc.). Exactly who is the regional ally is unclear to me.

Current trends indicate that NDA will get majority on its own , but if it doesn't and gets around 250 seats then many of these parties who spewed venom will suddenly turn friendly

Back
Top Bottom