What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

One stupid question , can EC do anything legally to prevent Modi from being P.M

Can but won't. This is not an offense where the EC can really impose the law strongly, even if Mr.Modi may be technically guilty.

Not to the existence of any law.
I'm aware of the discussion & people pushing for such a provision, but as you link itself clearly says, there is no law. Further, the topic of "marital rape" was discussed & eventually was left out. As it stands, not a crime!
--
no law as such but moving towards it...
HC/ SC directives are quasi laws
rest close this issue here or start new thread as sole purpose this thread is getting hurt
thanks

Can but won't. This is not an offense where the EC can really impose the law strongly, even if Mr.Modi may be technically guilty.

Suppose we assume Sampath is congy stooge ..

They also told on T.V EC cannot do anything besides requesting to file an F.I.R

Suppose we assume Sampath is congy stooge

Best to assume no such thing. There seems to be some violation, however minor it may seem. The EC must do what it is supposed to. Best not to attribute motives. The EC has been completely fair so far.

--
no law as such but moving towards it...
HC/ SC directives are quasi laws
rest close this issue here or start new thread as sole purpose this thread is getting hurt
thanks

Last post on this matter:
Observations aren't directives.
Link on law as of 2013 provided here:
Marital rape not criminal offence: MPs committee backs govt | NDTV.com
Men can still rape their wives in India after new Government bill - Telegraph
http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2013/03/26/why-india-allows-men-to-rape-their-wives/

Best to assume no such thing. There seems to be some violation, however minor it may seem. The EC must do what it is supposed to. Best not to attribute motives. The EC has been completely fair so far.

I don't see any violation amd showing the lotus card was done 100m away from the polling booth

I don't see any violation amd showing the lotus card was done 100m away from the polling booth

It's a technical point that can be argued either way. The rules bar any political campaigning whatsoever(some question on whether the 100m rule applies here) & the EC seems to think that Modi's presser was intended in that line to influence public opinion. Maybe difficult to prove but not an invalid argument. Probably won't go anywhere but if the EC did nothing, then a whole bunch of other characters might be tempted to follow suit.

--
actulay lotus is white and dont go with BJP party colour scheme so no selfi with BJP logo -- its selfi with LOTUS.. the national flower
Lotus – the national flower of India - The Hindu
lotus is found in different colours, namely, white, red, blue, pink, and purple and is found in many Asian countries.

rest you or some one said .. press conferee 100 met away so no issue
modi-selfie3.jpg
logo-bjp.gif

Back
Top Bottom