What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

I say if you got the numbers you can change anything,

You actually can't. The basic principles of the constitution cannot be changed by any parliament regardless of the numbers. That btw, was the Supreme court saying so.

I say if you got the numbers you can change anything,That is what exactly happened in Independence movement. Not everything is written in stone.Everything changes with time even rock is eroded by weathering.What are societies and countries Rise and fall its all part of it.Patriot Act is one which says you dont have any right to question.

Patriot act says nothing of the sort.

I was talking about the Republic of India, as it exists today. Maybe a mass revolution can overthrow it and establish something else, but in the democratic republic we have today, individual rights and the rights of minorities cannot simply be voted away by the majority. It is precisely to prevent the "tyranny of the majority", that all democracies have some guidelines on what lawmakers can and cannot do.

You actually can't. The basic principles of the constitution cannot be changed by any parliament regardless of the numbers. That btw, was the Supreme court saying so.
Societies change so do laws .What was Indira Gandhi trying to do in Emergency?:p:

--
will get back to you on same..
but seems wife can charge for rape if had non consensual sex by husbnd i read it but need to get link to prove

No such link will be available. Debated on but decided not to include "marital rape" as a form of rape (For very good valid reasons actually - the difficulty of proving it.....)

Patriot act says nothing of the sort.

I was talking about the Republic of India, as it exists today. Maybe a mass revolution can overthrow it and establish something else, but in the democratic republic we have today, individual rights and the rights of minorities cannot simply be voted away by the majority. It is precisely to prevent the "tyranny of the majority", that all democracies have some guidelines on what lawmakers can and cannot do.
If the majority doesnt want it, then who will enforce it? The minority?

Controversy erupts in telangana, as Chandrababu naidu announces that he voted for BJP in both Lok sabha and assembly. (As per EC, you shouldnt share whom you voted for)

he faces arrest too :rofl::rofl:
Looks like Both MODI and Chandra Babu Naidu exchanged plans and decided to play same thing :laughcry:

Still had to hold elections......
If the majority didnt oppose that time then she would have made it dictatorship.So you see rules are made or unmade depending on What majority wants.

One stupid question , can EC do anything legally to prevent Modi from being P.M

Back
Top Bottom