What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Guys, I've got some questions on Modi's potential cabinet. Is he a leader who likes to micro-manage or will he put in capable people into the relative positions where the GoI is able to deliver on all fronts (ideally it would be the latter)?

Guys, I've got some questions on Modi's potential cabinet. Is he a leader who likes to micro-manage or will he put in capable people into the relative positions where the GoI is able to deliver on all fronts (ideally it would be the latter)?

Well he is the person who likes to keep (almost) all power to himself. You can expect all Modi's man in key Ministries like FM, HM, RM, DM & again FM. But that will only depend on how much nos. does BJP gets, if 220+ for BJP than Modi will concentrate all power.

BTW, do watch this one................... ;)

मोदी के महामिशन की सीक्रेट आर्मी: AAJ TAK: Tez

but it's in Hindi :(

Yesterday that Bournvita Quiz Contest waale uncle tv pe bhaunk rahe the about some Bengal Model of Development:rofl:, uncle quizmaster se comedian ban gaye hain

Yaar he was a GEM of a Quiz Master...............Politician bankey dekho kya ban gaya :(

Well he is the person who likes to keep (almost) all power to himself. You can expect all Modi's man in key Ministries like FM, HM, RM, DM & again FM. But that will only depend on how much nos. does BJP gets, if 220+ for BJP than Modi will concentrate all power.
That's not ideal really, maybe this works on a small scale as far as states are concerned but not at central govt level, not with the huge complexity of each individual ministry and the vast amount of issues facing each ministry. I would prefer Modi to appoint capable people in each individual ministry, not simply "yes men". No offence to the man but he isn't a policeman, he isn't from a defence background, he isn't a trained economist and he hasn't had any experience with the foreign service nor has he had any/much experience at a central ministry position so he's going to be a bit out of his depth if he tries to take on all these positions himself and by a bit I mean impossibly so. This is a lesson he might have to learn the hard way but I would hope he has foresight to put the most qualified people in positions they need to be, this has worked out well for India in the past (MMS as Fin Min, Montek Ahluwalia as deputy chairmen of planning commission, Raghuram Rajan as Govenor of RBI etc). I mean we have seen how NOT to do it- AK Antony as Def Min. I hope Modi doesn't make the same mistakes......

BTW, do watch this one................... ;)

but it's in Hindi :(

Yaar he was a GEM of a Quiz Master...............Politician bankey dekho kya ban gaya :(
I always preferred Shaktiman over BQC, knew is bande ka screw dheela hai, kal prove ho gaya :coffee:

That's not ideal really, maybe this works on a small scale as far as states are concerned but not at central govt level, not with the huge complexity of each individual ministry and the vast amount of issues facing each ministry. I would prefer Modi to appoint capable people in each individual ministry, not simply "yes men". No offence to the man but he isn't a policeman, he isn't from a defence background, he isn't a trained economist and he hasn't had any experience with the foreign service nor has he had any/much experience at a central ministry position so he's going to be a bit out of his depth if he tries to take on all these positions himself and by a bit I mean impossibly so. This is a lesson he might have to learn the hard way but I would hope he has foresight to put the most qualified people in positions they need to be, this has worked out well for India in the past (MMS as Fin Min, Montek Ahluwalia as deputy chairmen of planning commission, Raghuram Rajan as Govenor of RBI etc). I mean we have seen how NOT to do it- AK Antony as Def Min. I hope Modi doesn't make the same mistakes......

I am not saying that he will keep Yes Men in his cabinet like Soniaji Madamji Kept a PM. What I am saying is that he will be acting like an American President, where there will be capable cabinet ministers, but the Ultimate Buck will stop with him. & that's what India wants now.

MMS, though was PM, but no one seems to listen to him, Pranab when FM, made the whole budget speeches & than just send him the final copy. Similarly the Raja case of 2G. In short, PM's ministers were more powerful then him. Every minister used to run his ministry as his/her own territory.

India needs not just a PM but a LEADER desperately, who can take responsibility of every decision his Govt./ministers take even if they are bad ones.

We don't need more "Theek Hai" kind of PMs............10 years are ENOUGH!!

P.S. @JanjaWeed @Sidak @chak de INDIA @Indischer @jha @Android @GreenFoe @ExtraOdinary do watch this one.........amazing!!

The last thing one would see in BJP is presence of 'yes men' ;)

And there are enough intellectuals in BJP capable of handling the issues (provided they work without indulging in corruption, a treat they have been deprived of for the last 10 years! Too much to ask I know)

Take for example Murli Manohar Joshi, he has been awarded Russia's "Order of Friendship" last year for his contribution to strengthening ties and cooperation between India and the Russian Federation. Yashwant Sinha has one adorned career, Swami's one intellectual (but he hates Muslims btw!), then there's Rajnath, Jaitley, Sushma Swaraj, these are going to get the key portfolios I guess, and Smriti Irani & Ravi Shankar Prasad could possibly land one as well, but not the key ones.

Modi cannot possible concentrate all the power with himself, these guys would never let his authoritarian fantasies materialize, provided he has any. They're not gonna chant 'Namo Namo' once they are elected to power.

ALl modi has to do is assemble a good team of non politicians .He has a loads of non-political intellectuals advising him in Gujrat.

He will just bring that team to national stage.Every thing is already planned.

ALl modi has to do is assemble a good team of non politicians .He has a loads of non-political intellectuals advising him in Gujrat.
He will just bring that team to national stage.Every thing is already planned.
Indeed, I believe I heard something a few days back about one of the world's top economists and a friend of MMS lining up to become an advisor to Modi.

This is what Modi and India needs, decisive BUT informed leadership. I'm sorry @arp2041 being a leader is not enough, you have to be leading in the right directions and for this you need good advisors and good people around you.

Give MMS his dues, he has done just that in the PMO which HAS (undeniable) produce some good results in a few instances particularly on infra in the past 12 months ).

Having said that Modi is no fool, he will have an overwhelming amount of pressure to deliver on his big promises should he become PM and particularly on the development/economic front.

Swami's one intellectual
This the same guy who has tried to create a big fuss about the MMRCA deal?

Yeh, this being his letter to the PM.

Dear Prime Minister:

I made some enquiries from well placed sources in your Government regarding the decision already taken but not yet formalized (short of the ritual of commercial evaluation and index of performance criteria)-- the choice of French planes for the Indian Air Force.

My sources indicate that the pre-determined decision to favour the French aircraft was the outcome of several conversations between the wife of French President Ms. Carla Bruni and the Chairperson of the National Advisory Council Ms. Sonia Gandhi, and surprisingly also with two foreign nationals who are the sisters of Ms. Sonia Gandhi.

Based on some credible information given to me on the conversation between Ms. Carla Bruni and Ms Sonia Gandhi’s sisters, there has been an agreement of the French to pay a hefty bribe for favouring the purchase of French aircrafts. This, if documented in the future, will be a major scandal which will haunt you and may lead to criminal prosecution for no fault of yours except that you have been compliant to the mysterious system of governance in this country that has been worked out by Ms. Sonia Gandhi since 2004. The Defence Minister Mr. A.K. Antony is like you, personally honest but he is even more compliant to these rules of governance. Hence I am sending a copy of this letter to him.

Therefore you should take necessary steps to see that you are not kept out of the loop, as had been the case in the 2G Himalayan scam. The US aircraft which has been deleted from the shortlist may or may not be the best for our Air Force (it has to be determined by your experts), but the US has a Foreign Corrupt Practices Act which makes it almost impossible to give bribes. The French, however, while dealing with a foreign country have a much more relaxed attitude to bribes paid abroad to secure contracts and this attitude has become a part of their mental make up of contempt for the foreigner, especially us Indians.

Therefore I demand that you call for the review of the decision taken so far in the matter of purchase of aircrafts for the Indian Air Force. I would urge you to make this review as transparent as possible so that those of us who have technical expertise will give good inputs for you to come to a conclusion.

Yours sincerely,

(SUBRAMANIAN SWAMY)

Indeed, I believe I heard something a few days back about one of the world's top economists and a friend of MMS lining up to become an advisor to Modi.

This is what Modi and India needs, decisive BUT informed leadership. I'm sorry @arp2041 being a leader is not enough, you have to be leading in the right directions and for this you need good advisors and good people around you.

Give MMS his dues, he has done just that in the PMO which HAS (undeniable) produce some good results in a few instances particularly on infra in the past 12 months ).

Having said that Modi is no fool, he will have an overwhelming amount of pressure to deliver on his big promises should he become PM and particularly on the development/economic front.

See this video.This is responsible for fluctuations in stock market and fall in rupee.Black money should be tackled it will solve all problems.belive me.

These two things will solve 99% of our problems.

Yeh, this being his letter to the PM.
Is he for real????

See this video.This is responsible for fluctuations in stock market and fall in rupee.Black money should be tackled it will solve all problems.belive me.

These two things will solve 99% of our problems.

If Modi's govt can start to bring back some of this black money from abroad I will be very impressed but, again, I am skeptical....

Is he for real????

He can be cynical at times, or everytime when it comes to congress (or the Gandhi family in particular)... he's blunt, but he knows his shit, could very well guide the cabinet on economic and foreign relation issues.

Is he for real????

He is, unfortunately. Of the 100 accusations he makes, 5 will turn out to be true, and this gives him the license to make the next 100 accusations. :lol: One of those characters who make Indian Politics that much more lively and colourful.:drag:

Back
Top Bottom