What's new

Indian Origin Material Used in IEDs Found In South Waziristan

They were a manifestation of what you tried in Kashmir in 1965. There it didnt work but unfortunately it worked in Afg. All including pakistan is paying the price of that success

We have been over this too.. TTP is the one carrying out terrorism, not Afghan Taliban. We did not create or even support TTP.

With whom do the TTP remnants find shelter from your army and PREDATOR these days in N. Waziristan and Orakzai?

Thanks.:usflag:

Come on now, there's nothing to suggest TTP are in North Waziristan, and Afghan Taliban are in Orakzai. Hey, Afghan Taliban didn't come to rescue of TTP in South Waziristan and Swat when TTP got their *** handed to them. Not so close friends, are they? Moreover, my point still stands. TTP is the one carrying out the terrorism, not Afghan Taliban.

"Come on now, there's nothing to suggest TTP are in North Waziristan, and Afghan Taliban are in Orakzai."

Perhaps you didn't read this comment by Lt. General Talat Masood elsewhere. He certainly suggest so-

"Militants fleeing from South Waziristan and other parts of the tribal agencies have also sought refuge in the area [N. Waziristan]".

Pakistan's Military Examines Its Options In N. Waziristan-Jamestown Foundation Feb. 4, 2010

Here Maj. Gen Athar Abbas references the need for an Orakzai operation-

“We have gone in Orakzai and Kurram because they were affecting our operations in South Waziristan,”

Orakzai, Kurram Posts Ambushed-DAWN Jan. 24, 2010

Seems a prominent former general and your present Director ISPR suggest the TTP have moved north into the specified areas.

I asked a simple question based upon comments by men with long experience in this area and intimate/detailed knowledge of your army's operations. Now please answer my question if you can.:rolleyes:

North Waziristan is not all Afghan Taliban control and Afghan Taliban is not present in Orakzai. Now where they find refuge? They had already been established in those areas but their base of operations was SW. They basically moved from home-sweet-home to home-a-little-less-sweet-home

"Come on now, there's nothing to suggest TTP are in North Waziristan, and Afghan Taliban are in Orakzai."

Perhaps you didn't read this comment by Lt. General Talat Masood elsewhere. He certainly suggest so-

"Militants fleeing from South Waziristan and other parts of the tribal agencies have also sought refuge in the area [N. Waziristan]".

Pakistan's Military Examines Its Options In N. Waziristan-Jamestown Foundation Feb. 4, 2010

Here Maj. Gen Athar Abbas references the need for an Orakzai operation-

“We have gone in Orakzai and Kurram because they were affecting our operations in South Waziristan,”

Orakzai, Kurram Posts Ambushed-DAWN Jan. 24, 2010

Seems a prominent former general and your present Director ISPR suggest the TTP have moved north into the specified areas.

I asked a simple question based upon comments by men with long experience in this area and intimate/detailed knowledge of your army's operations. Now please answer my question if you can.:rolleyes:

Unfortunatly you and we all know the answer to this question even if we try to hide it to not believe it , it is not sanely imaginable that Afghan Taliban are not involve with TTP ..i mean how can one think that a 16 year old Afghan taliban will feel sympty toward Pakistan or pak army while its fighting ''there brother'' in pakistan .
no proof needed for that its just simple logic . !!!

Unfortunatly you and we all know the answer to this question even if we try to hide it to not believe it , it is not sanely imaginable that Afghan Taliban are not involve with TTP ..i mean how can one think that a 16 year old Afghan taliban will feel sympty toward Pakistan or pak army while its fighting ''there brother'' in pakistan .
no proof needed for that its just simple logic . !!!

They might have connections, but to say that they go hand in hand and work together is plain ignorant. Their aims/interests are also not the same.

They might have connections, but to say that they go hand in hand and work together is plain ignorant. Their aims/interests are also not the same.
that is true aswl , most of ''front line''Afghan taliban still are very interested in just ''librating there country '' then rather driven on corrupt idealogical issues while TTP thrives of support from Al qaeda and many other anti pakistan elements , plus there sick ideological agenda , but saying that Afghan taliban are totaly not involved with TTP and vis versa is just not possible .

"...saying that Afghan taliban are totaly not involved with TTP and vis versa is just not possible..."

All things are possible in the land of the pure. I've had a senior member of this board reject the rather accepted assertion that the afghan taliban Haqqani network is present and owns the Miram Shah area by tacit agreement of the Pakistani government and its military. He did so the same day a Haqqani family member was killed 5km west of Miram Shah.

This gentleman here either babbles in denial without clear understanding or, like many others here, is thoroughly engaged in duplicitous dissemblance.

The afghan taliban have been on Pakistani lands in protected sanctuary for eight years-either by the aborgation of sovereign authority or the willful assistance of Pakistani authorities. Either is equally ignoble and fully justifies, minimally, the use of PREDATOR as self-protection by America on behalf of ISAF, Afghanistan and its own troops. It actually justifies a far more onerous response but we choose the LEAST intrusive means of protection.

We certainly can't count upon the protection of Pakistan from those it harbors.

Last edited:
fortunately, neither yours nor mine policy makers make there decision on advise from this forum !! lol
and i mean i can understand why still it is difficult for some members here to accept the drone attacks , imo no one can seriously feel totally comfortable with some other country attacking its territory specialy in this air of mistrust between both the countries . But what we need to understand is that there extreme effectiveness and what they have done for us (Pakistan) in this hard time . plus i am still a strong believer (personal experience) that they are much in control of Pakistan army then they are off isaf just for the sake of it all i will say is there 85 % of flights come from air base in Baluchistan and rest from Afghanistan.

Sarcastic arguments do not cut it, you know.
If Inside information arguement can work for Pakistan, it can work against too..

That's just an utterly stupid argument to the order I cannot explain in words. So since there are TTP in Karachi, and other parts of country, GoP supports them. Good going.
Read carefully.. I said some part on Pakistani state/country.. Not necessarily the GoP

You responded to my post, so did some other indians, and then it went on from there. Even the person in question (jagitnatt), you were replying to my post indirectly by replying to him - and also referring to me there. If you hadn't responded to my post then you wouldn't have been arguing with me.

Whatever

That mindset is at the core of your problems as a nation. You try to distinguish between terrorists to suit your immidiate convinience. I said it somewhere before on this forum.. Its the methodology and not the ideology that defines a terrorist. And both TTP and AT are terrorists. AT actually much worse that TTP. You may fool yourself by believing that TTP is actually an INdian proxy but that wont help. Its a manifestation of Pakistani inherent policy of fighting wars via a proxy that has come back and bitten it on its a$$.

YOu will be making the same mistake by treating AT diffeently than TTP. You wont agree but I guess your policy makers have started seeing some sense if the recent news is something to go by...

That mindset is at the core of your problems as a nation. You try to distinguish between terrorists to suit your immidiate convinience. I said it somewhere before on this forum.. Its the methodology and not the ideology that defines a terrorist. And both TTP and AT are terrorists. AT actually much worse that TTP. You may fool yourself by believing that TTP is actually an INdian proxy but that wont help. Its a manifestation of Pakistani inherent policy of fighting wars via a proxy that has come back and bitten it on its a$$.

YOu will be making the same mistake by treating AT diffeently than TTP. You wont agree but I guess your policy makers have started seeing some sense if the recent news is something to go by...

Let it be dude. Lets just sit back and watch the fireworks go off(I hope you know what kind of:lol:). Some of the members here are just too immature to understand the truth.

If Inside information arguement can work for Pakistan, it can work against too..

Not if it's sarcastic it cannot.

Read carefully.. I said some part on Pakistani state/country.. Not necessarily the GoP

Here's what you said:

I will write simpler english from now on. I was saying that therer is no doubt that certain elements of pakistani state/country support Afghan Taliban which is evident from the presence of these people all over your country including interiors like Karachi..

You're referring to Karachi here, which means you're talking about the arrest of 2nd taliban leader. In other words, since he was present in Karachi, he must have been helped by Pakistan. Which I don't even need to explain how absurd it is.

More BS rhetoric. Nothing concrete to offer. You can say whatever you want about their similar ideology - fact remains that they are two distinct group who may have connections but regardless are not the same group. And TTP was not used a proxy, nor created or ever helped my GoP or army or ISI. Try using conrete facts rather than rhetoric.

Back
Top Bottom