What's new

Indian Ocean Peaceful Geo-Political Pivot Or Contentious Source of Hedging

I sincerely feel, that navies of Pakistan and China should join hands to have complete dominance over the Indian ocean. If Indian navy tries to be funny or adventurous, they can be taught a lesson of their life. However Indian leadership in correct frame of mind is not expected to go for such an adventure.
Do tht because it will only force us to do the same...wat do u thnk about naval forces of US, INDIAN,JAPAN,VEITNAM,INDONASIA, PHILIPINES,Malaysia,Singapore getting togather to counter chineese navy in south china sea....not to forget their r chances tht Thailand,Australia,Taiwan join tht force too....always remember every action has equal and opposite reaction...

Do tht because it will only force us to do the same...wat do u thnk about naval forces of US, INDIAN,JAPAN,VEITNAM,INDONASIA, PHILIPINES,Malaysia,Singapore getting togather to counter chineese navy in south china sea....not to forget their r chances tht Thailand,Australia,Taiwan join tht force too....always remember every action has equal and opposite reaction...

You think it is bollywood movie which all these countries will come to see. ha ha ha ha

You think it is bollywood movie which all these countries will come to see. ha ha ha ha
No i don't see it as a bollywood movie but i can certainly see tht all of thm hve a comman rival..China...so wen we can hve NATO thn wat makes u think tht this not possible...

No i don't see it as a bollywood movie but i can certainly see tht all of thm hve a comman rival..China...so wen we can hve NATO thn wat makes u think tht this not possible...

Sir I think you are high on some good quality grass. India having NATO ... ha ha ha. Remember President Bush declared Pakistan "Major Non NATO" Ally not India. Yes we have had ups and downs in our relationship with US but I'll quote Khan A. Sufyan here, when he says that:

^US, off-late has extensively engaged India enhancing the economic interaction and initiating a strategic partnership while attempting to garner Indian support for a countervailing and hedging effort against rising China. Apparently however, still immersed in the cold war farce of non-aligned neutrality syndrome, Indians have not reciprocated in the manner US expected it to. Therefore, without assimilating Japan and South Korea, India – US strategic partnership is likely to remain an intellectual strategic discussion forum and nothing beyond.^

And like you say everything is possible, therefore keep on shining India with black Kiwi Shoe polish. ha ha ha

Sir I think you are high on some good quality grass. India having NATO ... ha ha ha. Remember President Bush declared Pakistan "Major Non NATO" Ally not India. Yes we have had ups and downs in our relationship with US but I'll quote Khan A. Sufyan here, when he says that:

^US, off-late has extensively engaged India enhancing the economic interaction and initiating a strategic partnership while attempting to garner Indian support for a countervailing and hedging effort against rising China. Apparently however, still immersed in the cold war farce of non-aligned neutrality syndrome, Indians have not reciprocated in the manner US expected it to. Therefore, without assimilating Japan and South Korea, India – US strategic partnership is likely to remain an intellectual strategic discussion forum and nothing beyond.^

And like you say everything is possible, therefore keep on shining India with black Kiwi Shoe polish. ha ha ha

Its remarkably naive of you to believe word for word some words of a random analyst and ignore countless others , but I guess people see what they want to see :D

Its remarkably naive of you to believe word for word some words of a random analyst and ignore countless others , but I guess people see what they want to see :D

No honestly, you need to listen to some of the guys delivering lectures in US think tanks - they say things very close to what this guy has written. But then, no wonder a greyhound, urbanized or village base is colour blind - thats what the vets say. :)

"Do tht because it will only force us to do the same...wat do u thnk about naval forces of US, INDIAN,JAPAN,VEITNAM,INDONASIA, PHILIPINES,Malaysia,Singapore getting togather to counter chineese navy in south china sea....not to forget their r chances tht Thailand,Australia,Taiwan join tht force too....always remember every action has equal and opposite reaction"...

You are very right, every action has and opposite and equal reaction. So your action is likely to have an opposite and (more than) equal reaction. Pls do not over estimate your navy, regardless of what you people are spending in this regard. In urdu they say "NAA LAAIQ TAALIB ILM KA BASTA BHAARI HOTA HAI"

No honestly, you need to listen to some of the guys delivering lectures in US think tanks - they say things very close to what this guy has written. But then, no wonder a greyhound, urbanized or village base is colour blind - thats what the vets say. :)

:lol: at the personal remark .

Of course some of you guys are gonna curse and cry at the U.S analysts on one hand when people like Christopher Hitchens dish dirt on your country and call for the safety of your nukes ,

while on the other hand we have guys like you lapping up every word U.S thinktanks/Chinese Think tanks say about India needing NATO and other forms of fantasy in the Indian Ocean .

Why not use your brains for once , but I guess you would rather be spoon fed . :rofl:

Quote from Urbanized Greyhound .....
^Of course some of you guys are gonna curse and cry at the U.S analysts on one hand when people like Christopher Hitchens dish dirt on your country and call for the safety of your nukes ,

while on the other hand we have guys like you lapping up every word U.S thinktanks/Chinese Think tanks say about India needing NATO and other forms of fantasy in the Indian Ocean . ere

Why not use your brains for once , but I guess you would rather be spoon fed . :rofl:^

I agree with you on that. The article that i was commenting on is apparently not written by a US think tank. Though many of us are working there. I dont know who Khan A. Sufyan is - but in my honest opinion, it is a well written article and needs serious discussion rather than pricky jabs.

Quote from Urbanized Greyhound .....
^Of course some of you guys are gonna curse and cry at the U.S analysts on one hand when people like Christopher Hitchens dish dirt on your country and call for the safety of your nukes ,

while on the other hand we have guys like you lapping up every word U.S thinktanks/Chinese Think tanks say about India needing NATO and other forms of fantasy in the Indian Ocean . ere

Why not use your brains for once , but I guess you would rather be spoon fed . :rofl:^

I agree with you on that. The article that i was commenting on is apparently not written by a US think tank. Though many of us are working there. I dont know who Khan A. Sufyan is - but in my honest opinion, it is a well written article and needs serious discussion rather than pricky jabs.

Okay peace , bro .

See there are contradictory view flying all around and as per GOI history of limited co-operation with the U.S , and the general way in which they conduct foreign policy it is unlikely we will engage in any full blown alliance with say USN , Aust Navy etc . Its a different question if our IN capabilities are not sufficient / not enough. That is debatable , but if we go by your assumption that its not enough than its just that we have to build them up before we can exert any influence.

So do the Chinese , they have to build up PLAN to a true blue water navy and that would take some time.

In fact there was even a recent article on the forum in the Australian media , warning about increasing Indian maritime capabilities and asking the Aus Govt to step up their own naval upgradation to keep up with both China and India . ---Also done by a respected analyst.

I have no doubt the Pakistan Navy is too planning modernization and upgradation in keeping with their maritime strategy , to secure their energy lines or maybe in Collaboration with China . Despite what many other analysts predict .

And a request , please don't drag in Usernames or personal remarks. It dosen't help the course of the discussion.
Best regards,

Sorry I misused the username thingy.
No contest on what you have written. I dont think the author of the article would disagree with what you have written. As I see it, the article explains the geopolitical and geostrategic aspects of a strong Indian navy. I believe Indian Navy with its strength can protect its sea lanes but would find it difficult to coercively project its power in the region to help India become an out of region world power - at least not at this time when other powerful navies are also operating in the Indian Ocean. Because if it attempts to do this, it would definitely come in conflict with other powers, which at this time are more powerful than the Indians. See, Pakistan is a nuclear power and so is india, which does put breaks at using power projection beyond a certain stage. Therefore, I think there is merit in what this author has written. Read it in an unbiased manner and then see - you may end up thinking differently. :)

The Indian media is celebrating some of the anti-Pakistani rhetoric coming from US officials and the media. They feel that the time has come wherein Pakistan will again be left in lurch by the Americans. Indian efforts to improve their influence in Afghanistan therefore are apparently on increase. However, the Indians need to understand that they have almost no leverage on the US and least of all on Pakistan. As such their efforts are going to result in zilch and no more. But if it can keep them busy for some time ..... so let it be. :)

The big and powerful India - coming to a nothing ....... ooooooohhh this will hurt. :lol:

An interesting geopolitical environment is emerging for India. Its strong army can not exert its influence because of nuclear powers on either side and its strong navy can not exert itself due to presence of powerful world navies in indian ocean. It is left to do "chota mota" kaam for the Americans in this region. India's geopolitical influence has shrunk to almost nothing. It is likely to grow as an economic "doodh wala" to big Americans and destined to live the ignominy of not even a regional power. :)

An interesting geopolitical environment is emerging for India. Its strong army can not exert its influence because of nuclear powers on either side and its strong navy can not exert itself due to presence of powerful world navies in indian ocean. It is left to do "chota mota" kaam for the Americans in this region. India's geopolitical influence has shrunk to almost nothing. It is likely to grow as an economic "doodh wala" to big Americans and destined to live the ignominy of not even a regional power. :)

The only other powerful navy in the Indian ocean is the USN and they're not bothering anyone else except the Chinese and maybe you guys.

Back
Top Bottom