What's new

Indian navy's project 15B is now Bengaluru class destroyers???

may be
can take some

INS Bhatinda
INS Jalandhar <
INS Khanna
INS Patiala
INS Ropar
INS Ludhiana
INS Gurdaspur
INS Sangrur

exclusive INS honey singh :omghaha:

Sir, these are towns/cities with tiny populations (<1mn) compared to other Indian towns/cities they aren't really deserving of INS namesakes (until the IN has a 1000 ship navy!!). Wouldn't be bad to see an INS Amritsar or INS Chandigarh.

Sir, these are towns/cities with tiny populations (<1mn) compared to other Indian towns/cities they aren't really deserving of INS namesakes (until the IN has a 1000 ship navy!!). Wouldn't be bad to see an INS Amritsar or INS Chandigarh.

I know. I was only bringing the humor.

INS jalandhar, INS chandigarh or INS amritsar all of 3 sound good.

+ anyone know if there any IN ships named after Punjabi cities/towns?

+ not that I really care about what a ship is named or any of that sentimentality, just was racking my brains and couldn't think of one.

Using of city names is seen only in case of Destroyers that are or were made in Indian shipyards, eg. Delhi class, kolkata class or now Bangaluru class.

Otherwise IN uses names of mountain ranges, rivers, etc. in naming it's ship.

- ~8,000 tonnes

Sensors include:

-EL/M-2248 S-band active phased-array multi-function surveillance and threat alert radar (MF-STAR)

Naval+Barak-2+%2528left%2529+%2526+ELM-2248+MF-STAR.jpg

The MF-STAR uses pulse-Doppler techniques, multiple beam-forming and advanced high-PRF waveforms to extract stressing and low radar cross-section threats even in conditions of heavy jamming and dense clutter. Key functionalities include three-dimensional volume search, missile horizon search, multi-target tracking, surface surveillance, helicopter detection, gunnery control and splash spotting. The MF-STAR can initiate tracks against sea-skimming anti-ship cruise missiles at ranges in excess of 25km, and out to more than 250km for a high-flying combat aircraft. On the MF-STAR fibre-optic cables have replaced the earlier-generation waveguide and coax cables, which has substantially reduced the radar&#8217;s weight so it can be installed on board warships.

-RAN-40L Air Search Radar (same system is used on the IAC-1 and P-17A)

RAN-40L+radar.jpg

Indigenous+Aircraft+Carrier+INS+Vikrant.jpg

Btw, (IMHO) this combo of the RAN-40L and EL/M-2248 MF-STAR offers the IN, arguably, the most capable such system on the sea, bar none. This view is shared by many in the defence world.

Weapons:

-64 (in vertical launch systems) Barak-2&#8217;s MR-SAM ( @Yogi I have heard the BARAK-8ER with 120KM range will be fitted but this remains to be confirmed)

-100 mm gun

-2xCIWS (the exact CIWS to be used is still unknown)

-8 Bhramos (in vertical launch cells). The plan is for the Bhramos-2 hyper-sonic CMs but we will have to wait and see how the Bhramos-2 project comes along.

- An unknown number of Nirbhays. Again the plans are for this missile to be on-board at some point, we will have to wait and see whether the system is ready in time or will be fitted post commissioning of the P-15B.

Aviation

- 2 multi-role medium helos. Going by the timeline we expect to see the P-15B in service there is no doubt the ship will be housing 2 S-70Bs.

No offical renders of the P-15B yet, here is the -A:

Kolkata-Class.jpg

This is just the "headline" stuff as you can imagine.

scratch out 100mm it's either 130mm or 127.

Kolkata Class Guided Missile Destroyers - Naval Technology

Last edited by a moderator:
may be
can take some

INS Bhatinda
INS Jalandhar <
INS Khanna
INS Patiala
INS Ropar
INS Ludhiana
INS Gurdaspur
INS Sangrur

exclusive INS honey singh :omghaha:
what about naming our warships after some famous battles like:-
INS Khem Karan
INS Assal Uttar
INS Basantar
INS Longewala
INS Rezing La
just my 2 cents:)

INS OBC
INS ST
INS SC
INS GEN
INS Punjabi
INS Bangali
INS Mallu
INS Madrasi
INS Pahadi
INS Kashmiri
INS Marathi

(joke) this is how kooongress will name :P

add this to the list INS telugu ;)
@Abingdonboy my intention was to compare our destroyers with other existing counterparts in the globe can u shed some light on it/?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom