What's new

Indian navy planning to make 3 carrier for 1.6 lakh corers

They seem to be confused too from time to time, and I don't know what's their reasoning to keep this ancient system in the time of globalization.
Your'e too humble to ask of their Reasoning behind these things , cuz I just say
RIP Indian Logic :lol:

Does the selection of fighter process started yet?
Not that I know of. Even though IN funded the N-LCA, they didn't show any interest in the Mk-1 because of it's limited range and payload for which it couldn't be employed as a frontline carrier fighter (I'm sure IN would induct the LCA-Mk2) but that isn't the case with IAF because LCA would act as a support fighter to Su-30 MKI's and the Rafales.

IN did issue an RFI for 57 multi-role carrier borne fighters but I don't think that went through as the deadline was May 17, 2017

Check your calculations boy, Rs 1.6 lakh crore is roughly equal to $25 billion with conversion rate of Rs 63.4 per $!!!
@jaiind @#hydra#
Oh yes, my bad i calculated it for only $20bill. Yep it will be $25.3bill. and thats an insane amount of money for a carrier.

Comparable to US Nimitz class?
I doubt if they have even finalised the design, nothing is known yet, but whatever it is ,$25bill for a carrier makes no sense to me.

Oh yes, my bad i calculated it for only $20bill. Yep it will be $25.3bill. and thats an insane amount of money for a carrier.

I doubt if they have even finalised the design, nothing is known yet, but whatever it is ,$25bill for a carrier makes no sense to me.
The title state three carrier.

Not that I know of. Even though IN funded the N-LCA, they didn't show any interest in the Mk-1 because of it's limited range and payload for which it couldn't be employed as a frontline carrier fighter (I'm sure IN would induct the LCA-Mk2) but that isn't the case with IAF because LCA would act as a support fighter to Su-30 MKI's and the Rafales.

IN did issue an RFI for 57 multi-role carrier borne fighters but I don't think that went through as the deadline was May 17, 2017
Any fifth generation fighter plan from the navy?

The title state three carrier.
3 carriers would make some sense as each would cost around $8.3bill, but it again depends on their tonnage and what all they are getting along with the carrier(like,the aircrafts it may get along with them).

Any fifth generation fighter plan from the navy?
Nope.nothing in line or on paper.

1 laakh core= 15 billion USD. So 1.6 laakh crore is above 23 billion usd for 3 carriers. Wayyyyyyy too expensive.
Yea its sounds crazy.its better to wait for more clarity on how the money will be spent and what all would be brought.

India should adopt international standard numbering system, at least on English media to reduce the confusion.
why should we? it works for us, besides changing system would be very lengthy process plus the confusion that it will bring. For the same reason I woudlnt ask US to adopt metric system and drop imperial system, wouldn't ask UK to stop driving on the right side of the road. these systems work for them, they are good with it. Similarly our system of calculation works for us.

Back
Top Bottom