What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

@PARIKRAMA is it about increasing the production of P75 or its about P75I ? Advanced diesel subs with French help termed first Indian diesel electrics up the horizon ?

Do we plan to licence produce the 127mm also like the SRGM ?
I think when IN purchased 15 127mm gun that included ToT otherwise there would have been more than one vendor.

Nietzchee - IAC2 design has not been frozen and you are saying it has begun. I repeat again, post a credible source or a picture of your source or you will be under scanner.

U mean google earth?
He is a new recruit and having posted only 2 posts, you can imagine.
@Oscar

Vishal class design has not been frozen...tonnage, discussions on N reactor vs gas turbines, emals / steam catapult etc still on...Vikrant class design is frozen ..one is about to leave for sea trials...the second one is the same design

check the build yard...

Dude, are you high on drugs ? On one hand you say Vishal class design not frozen. As per people on defence forums, IAC2 will be Vishal. IAC1 is Vikrant and this was already launched and now being fitted with all other additional structures on the superstructure.

Going by your logic,
IAC1 = Vikrant
IAC2 = Vikrant class (not named yet) and being built? Really?
IAC3 then is Vishal?

Guess even the Navy chiefs don't know what you know.

Dude, are you high on drugs ? On one hand you say Vishal class design not frozen. As per people on defence forums, IAC2 will be Vishal. IAC1 is Vikrant and this was already launched and now being fitted with all other additional structures on the superstructure.

Going by your logic,
IAC1 = Vikrant
IAC2 = Vikrant class (not named yet) and being built? Really?
IAC3 then is Vishal?

Guess even the Navy chiefs don't know what you know.

Bro relax, Think @nietzchee made a typing error

Its common knowledge that the IN wants a 3 CBG, where only a few NAVYS in the world (maybe the only one) that will operate 3 different classes of Aircraft carriers

Bro relax, Think @nietzchee made a typing error

Its common knowledge that the IN wants a 3 CBG, where only a few NAVYS in the world (maybe the only one) that will operate 3 different classes of Aircraft carriers

Thanks Guardian but it is common knowledge in India that construction of the 2nd IAC has NOT begun yet. I think Nietzchee just saw part of the structure being built (could be a cargo ship) in the yard and claimed the IAC2 has begun to take shape.

I think we can get more clear picture after finishing the talks with US for AC tech sharing which includes EMALS.

IN plan is 5 CV (prospective plan 2030?) ...3 CV of 45000 Ton class INS Vikramaditya, Vikrant, Viraat. 2 CV of 65-70K Ton class Vishal...old Vikrant was decommed when new Viki started build.. old Vir decommed recently when replacement keel laid

Modi doctrine ..less talk more action...do look at other yards ...check dimensions of new build and compare..check builders data..plus discussion with chai biskoot / nariyalpaaniwalas...chk with BRwalas

Obviously the Navy Chiefs know ...build up of capabilities /assets is required considering PLAN plan / build for 4 CBG ..check Dalian...
Going with second vikrant type is logically correct,since it won't take much time in building. Much of the infrastructure in Cochin shipyard (thanks to iac1) can come in handy ,but still no official confirmation regarding this.

Weren't there articles about India being offered a storme class AC from the Russians?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom