What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

Hi
And Pakistan recently got Harbin Z-9EC as well, Which has pulse-compression radar, low frequency dipping sonar, radar warning receiver and doppler navigation system. And is also armed with torpedoes
[IMG
Z-9EC-300x200.jpg
[/IMG]

how can u counter act against this

P8-A_index.jpg

with this

0856989.jpg

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Last edited:
Hi
And Pakistan recently got Harbin Z-9EC as well, Which has pulse-compression radar, low frequency dipping sonar, radar warning receiver and doppler navigation system. And is also armed with torpedoes

borther how can u shoot down a P8 i posideon with a torpedo:hang2:

did u just got up from sleep or you smoking lot of pot last night

and my post is how can pakistan navy especially the subs escape from this plane scanners . i dont simply get it when u mentioned torpedos

and my post is how can pakistan navy especially the subs escape from this plane scanners . i dont simply get it when u mentioned torpedos

Well i think he was referring to countering the scanning capability's of the P8-I , with their own.

He gave a few considerations but

Well simple put they cant, the IN is blue water navy and PN is a brown water navy.

their operational capability's are no where near the same, the India navy enjoys a significant advantage in the sea's .

That's why Pakistan employs a number submarines to deny India use of the sea.

How ever to your original question, Pakistan has no means of countering the P8-I with Submarines.Sub's don't have AA simple as that, the best way to take defeat a Sub fleet that has been the case since the introduction of the submarine in world war's .

The P8-I's give us a significant advantage and boost our ASW capabilities.

Pakistan would need to obtain more advanced and stealthy subs to counter these threats.

Three frigates being built at the Yantar shipyard in Russia's Baltic exclave of Kaliningrad for the Indian navy have been named by the Indian president, a shipyard spokesman said on Wednesday.

Russia is building three Project 11356 modified Krivak III class (also known as Talwar class) guided missile frigates for the Indian Navy under a $1.6 billion contract signed in July, 2006.

"Three frigates for the Indian navy, which are being built at our shipyard, have been given names - the Teg [Saber], the Tarkash [Quiver], and the Trikand [Bow]. Indian President Pratibha Patil has personally named the ships," Sergei Mikhailov said.

"All three hulls have been completed... The first frigate in the series is expected to float out in October. The shipyard should be able to deliver all three vessels to the customer in 2011-2012," the official said.

Yantar's director Igor Orlov earlier said the shipyard had previously taken out a $110 million loan from Russian national development bank Vnesheconombank (VEB) but has now been forced to seek an additional $60 million loan due to "financial constraints."

The Talwar class frigate has deadweight of 4,000 metric tons and a speed of 30 knots, and is capable of accomplishing a wide range of maritime missions, primarily hunting down and destroying large surface ships and submarines.

Russia has previously built three Talwar class frigates for India - INS Talwar (Sword), INS Trishul (Trident), and INS Tabar (Axe).

All of the new frigates will be armed with eight BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles rather than 3M-54E Klub-N anti-ship missiles, which were installed on previous frigates.

They will be also equipped with a 100-mm gun, a Shtil air defense system, two Kashtan air defense gun/missile systems, two twin 533-mm torpedo tubes, and an anti-submarine warfare helicopter.

we can build our own frigates & distroyers now a days we are building aircraft carrier too then why they are building for us? what is special about it?

Old news!

we can build our own frigates & distroyers now a days we are building aircraft carrier too then why they are building for us? what is special about it?

Because all the shipyards in India are over booked! Even private shipyards like L&T, Pipavav and Bharti will make ships for Indian navy.

India To Commission its First Indigenous Stealth Frigate,INS Shivalik, On April 29​
dsc01235734471.jpg

India to train 100 Sri Lankan naval officers idrw.org

One hundred officers of the Sri Lankan Navy will be trained on an Indian Navy ship to strengthen the bilateral defence ties between the two countries, an officer said Friday.

‘The student officers would be given exposure to various activities on board, including seamanship, bridgemanship, damage control and fire fighting exercises during their stay,’ the navy officer said.

The training would be conducted on the tank landing ship INS Magar and the student officers would embark on the ship at Trincomalee in eastern Sri Lanka on Monday.

Guys can anyone of you tell me whats the difference between a destroyer and a frigate........

Guys can anyone of you tell me whats the difference between a destroyer and a frigate........

In the old days, the names for the naval ships, basically referred to the size and capabilities of a warship, with Frigate being the smallest and least well armed to the Cruiser being the heaviest and best armed and destroyer falling somewhere in between. These got superseeded by the battleship and then the aircraft carrier ofcourse and today, the carrier remains the most powerful of all warships.

If needed, the origins of these can be discussed to death but I feel this thread is not the appropriate one. The same definition still holds true with the frigate being smaller and lightly armed and destroyers being more heavily armed. However, these classifications now vary from country and region (unlike the old days!)

Any new updates on the Arihant? I can't find anything on the web.

Back
Top Bottom