FDxCgQSUYAM4Fff

FDxCgQQUcAgIVyQ

Images shared by Navy

2022 would be an good year to IN.

2 Scorpene Subs,
1 SSBN INS Arighat,
1 AC INS Vikrant,
1 destroyer INS Marmagoa,
1 Talwar class and one Nilgiri class frigates.
Last P8I. MH60 and Dhruv helis remaining. Do228 etc.
Hopefully they will sign for 30 UAVs with US.

7 main principal combatants.

There might be other support vessels likely to be inducted. But IN generally inducts 3 major surface vessels every year.

This year OCEANSAT 3 will also be launched by ISRO to keep a close eye on combatant's in the Indian ocean and the Gulf

1644934106147.png

1644934489511.png

2022 would be an good year to IN.

2 Scorpene Subs,
1 SSBN INS Arighat,
1 AC INS Vikrant,
1 destroyer INS Marmagoa,
1 Talwar class and one Nilgiri class frigates.
Last P8I. MH60 and Dhruv helis remaining. Do228 etc.
Hopefully they will sign for 30 UAVs with US.

7 main principal combatants.

There might be other support vessels likely to be inducted. But IN generally inducts 3 major surface vessels every year.
asw-swc corvettes

I dont think INS vagir will be inducted this year. Next year maybe

I just built a table for the total ships in the indian navy till 2030

major combatants (frigates+destroyers)
6 p15b
7 p17a
3 p15a
3 delhi class
10 talwar
3 shivalik
3 brahmaputra
total- 35

minor combatants ( corvettes, opvs)
4 kamorta class
5 kora class
6 ngmv
7 ngc
8 veer class
16 asw-swc
4 saryu class
6 sukanya class
11 ngopvs
total-67

aircraft carriers-
ins vikrant
ins vishal

submarines
6 kalvari
8 kilo
4 shishumar
ins arihant
ins arighat
2 s4

total-21

asw-swc corvettes

I dont think INS vagir will be inducted this year. Next year maybe

I don't know. But Vagir is definitely going to see trials this year. And every 6 months subs are going to trials and vela was in trials since last year. So Vagir might be end of 2022.

As for coastal asw corvettes I don't know when the first of the 16 would be inducted.

I just built a table for the total ships in the indian navy till 2030

major combatants (frigates+destroyers)
6 p15b
7 p17a
3 p15a
3 delhi class
10 talwar
3 shivalik
3 brahmaputra
total- 35

minor combatants ( corvettes, opvs)
4 kamorta class
5 kora class
6 ngmv
7 ngc
8 veer class
16 asw-swc
4 saryu class
6 sukanya class
11 ngopvs
total-67

aircraft carriers-
ins vikrant
ins vishal

submarines
6 kalvari
8 kilo
4 shishumar
ins arihant
ins arighat
2 s4

total-21

There is no INS Vishal. Shishumar is going to be retired. Delhi class might be retired. So does Veer class.

Only 3? Are you kidding me?

Average of 3 major surface combatants. I already mentioned in another post, that I am not mentioning support assets or ships like Tugs, small shallow water crafts, helis, etc.

Just take the example of 2021. We inducted one sub, one destroyer and one frigate.

In 2023, as of now, the plan is one destroyer, 2 frigates and probably one shallow water anti sun craft.

Average of 3 major surface combatants. I already mentioned in another post, that I am not mentioning support assets or ships like Tugs, small shallow water crafts, helis, etc.

Just take the example of 2021. We inducted one sub, one destroyer and one frigate.

In 2023, as of now, the plan is one destroyer, 2 frigates and probably one shallow water anti sun craft.
Did you mean 2022 or 2023?

I don't know. But Vagir is definitely going to see trials this year. And every 6 months subs are going to trials and vela was in trials since last year. So Vagir might be end of 2022.

As for coastal asw corvettes I don't know when the first of the 16 would be inducted.

There is no INS Vishal. Shishumar is going to be retired. Delhi class might be retired. So does Veer class.
sorry make that ins vikramaditya. Well I dont think Delhi class will be retired so soon they were commisioned just two decades ago. Shishumar class could be retired yes.

IN is planning to induct all 16 vessels by 2026

This video reveals that it is not ins vishakhapatnam, another destroyer of vishakhapatnam class

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom