What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

DcQs6b4.jpg

INS Nirbhik, a Veer Class (Tarantul class) corvette

Last edited:
Ministry of Defence
24-February, 2015 16:51 IST

Delay in Induction of Scorpene Submarine

The original schedule of delivery of the first submarine was December, 2012 which has since been revised.

The difficulties faced by M/s. MDL during the course of procurement of materials from foreign vendors had mainly led to the delay.

The builder shipyard has a contract with M/s DCNS, France for construction of Scorpene Submarines. M/s DCNS deputes its personnel / consultant to guide the construction of the submarines as per the collaboration agreement.

The shipyard has undertaken augmentation of the manpower, infrastructure and industrial means in a phased manner to meet the production targets. Production capabilities have also been augmented.

This information was given by Defence Minister Shri Manohar Parrikar in a written reply to Dr. Chandan Mitra in Rajya Sabha today.

DM/HH/NM
(Release ID :115764)

2-mcmv.jpg

The new MCMVs under construction for the Finnish Navy by Intermarine Italy which is in partnership with GSL to build 12 Mine sweepers.

@Penguin can you do a comparison between Type 26 and Project 17A ?
comparable both will be out on similar time frame,same tonnage etc...

2-mcmv.jpg

The new MCMVs under construction for the Finnish Navy by Intermarine Italy which is in partnership with GSL to build 12 Mine sweepers.

@Penguin can you do a comparison between Type 26 and Project 17A ?
comparable both will be out on similar time frame,same tonnage etc...
I'll have a look when I have more time.

Back
Top Bottom