What's new

Indian Navy Initiates Steps to Acquire Predator B Guardian and EMALS - LOR sent to US Gov

Thank you for that. But since we are getting EMALS from the US, chances are likely that India will go for a US carrier based fighter aircraft and then the BECA, LSA and the CISMOA will come into play.
I am not a Commie but still prefers India to be neutral rather then a "major non NATO strategic partner".:pleasantry:

IN will most likely go for Rafale. After Rafale, they will go for AMCA. There is a chance IN may opt for some unique American carrier aircraft like the E-2D and the unmanned tanker.

IN did not buy the E-2C earlier because even though it could take off from a stobar carrier, its endurance would only be one hour. The E-2D is the reason why IN is going for catobar.
I'm not so sure how interested the IN was in the E-2C for its STOBAR carrier but I know the IN made sure the E-2D was cleared for them years ago.

I'm not so sure how interested the IN was in the E-2C for its STOBAR carrier but I know the IN made sure the E-2D was cleared for them years ago.

IN was very close to buying a few for the two carriers. But the short endurance made them change their mind.

The MQ-9 versions use the TPE331 family engine which is also used on Dornier-228 as well as HTT-40 trainer. HAL has a license to produce these engines in India.

You guys still jump at the "news" of India buying this and India buying that? Don't you guys have any pride in yourselves? Come on, this is 2016. It is Time to wake up. It is Time to make your own stuff.

You guys still jump at the "news" of India buying this and India buying that? Don't you guys have any pride in yourselves? Come on, this is 2016. It is Time to wake up. It is Time to make your own stuff.

You don't have to worry about that. We are building next gen stuff, we are importing current gen stuff. It keeps us ahead of the game.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom