What's new

Indian Media to be banned from showing file footage of Babri Mosque demolition

I guess that's because in some places like ur country u can not protest against govt. decisions.......(I am not against ur system....nething that works for u....:tup:)

Au contraire, there are daily articles criticizing certain government decisions, in official (see global times) and plenary of unofficial sources. This is a misconception.

The government is sensitive only in certain areas such as 1) its own hold on power 2) destabilizing/deharmonizing (their own term) influence 3) separatist movements. Everything else is fair game more or less and the boundary line in which journalists can or cannot cross is moving forward everyday.

So please, don't generalize about Chinese media like certain trolls likes to(I'm thinking of renegade here). It is a nuisanced topic that deserves more careful discussion and examination (especially as the Chinese media moves towards liberalization)

if indian govt. determines that this move will quell mob violence and new genocides, then by all means do it

but it would be criminal then to say that india is a mature democracy if there is so much insecurity and complexes existing that would make it necessary to curb (ban) media from covering certain (very important) events

if i were indian, i'd be quite dismayed over these media bans.....they sure do not show signs of ''progress''

A bill was passed few weeks back called communal violence bill which was originally drafted immidietly after the last known communal violence in Gujarat. We didnt have an able system to deal with those sort of incidents until it happened. The incident has done lots of damage to the image of the country and nothing of that sort has happened after that.

So i should say we have come a long way after the regrettable Gujarat incident. And each and every step helps.

if indian govt. determines that this move will quell mob violence and new genocides, then by all means do it

but it would be criminal then to say that india is a mature democracy if there is so much insecurity and complexes existing that would make it necessary to curb (ban) media from covering certain (very important) events

if i were indian, i'd be quite dismayed over these media bans.....they sure do not show signs of ''progress''

The question is what if the Verdict was against claims of Hindus ??

Do you think that even such a media ban will then prevent them from staging violence ??

Seriously when one Indian judge today favours settling the issue OUT of COURT then justice seems scarce here.

It seems they are trying to delay the verdict

We are not a mature democracy........we are just teenagers......50 yrs down the line I guess we should be more confident as a democracy.....this is definitely a growing period....with lots of experimentation to be done and to be learnt from mistakes in the process......

Incidents dont happen like that. It happens during a major change in sensitive issues. A responsible democracy has to fear the lives of its citizens and take the decisions based on that.

Indian government hasnt barred channels from showing it yet. It was a request from maharashtra state which is prone to incidents because of the big city mumbai factor.

so its a wise decision as part of its CM

I am not against the policy of bannig media on some particular issues like these...only in this case I think its not of much use and the reason why I think so is because ayodhya incdent has been marked as black day in the history of indian democracy...even the parties engaged in that act from both the sides has declared it as regrettable..am sure, no one will try a step like that...moreover we have moved much ahead of times like that...for anything of such kind to happen.

The day Babri Masjid was demolished

look at the killers

Last edited by a moderator:
The question is what if the Verdict was against claims of Hindus ??

Do you think that even such a media ban will then prevent them from staging violence ??

Seriously when one Indian judge today favours settling the issue OUT of COURT then justice seems scarce here.

It seems they are trying to delay the verdict

Seriously it actually looks good and its a proof that decisions are not based on favorism for a particular religion. :cheers:

Au contraire, there are daily articles criticizing certain government decisions, in official (see global times) and plenary of unofficial sources. This is a misconception.

The government is sensitive only in certain areas such as 1) its own hold on power 2) destabilizing/deharmonizing (their own term) influence 3) separatist movements. Everything else is fair game more or less and the boundary line in which journalists can or cannot cross is moving forward everyday.

So please, don't generalize about Chinese media like certain trolls likes to(I'm thinking of renegade here). It is a nuisanced topic that deserves more careful discussion and examination (especially as the Chinese media moves towards liberalization)

Very sensible post........good luck.......:tup:

Dont cling to straws by bringing Pakistani cricket here in this thread for your facepalm.

It is proven that Indians are playing hypocritically because you can not control your Hindu radical groups so you are putting ban on Media coverage what a pathetic state of affairs.

The more sad thing is that You are supporting it.

we belive in our govt. sole heartedly.... we can believe our leaders, they are not corrupt as yours

Seriously it actually looks good and its a proof that decisions are not based on favorism for a particular religion. :

It shows your Indian court is afraid of making decisions based on justice thats why your judge want it settle down out of court.

very sad if Muslims could have got justice from majority Hindu fanatic groups then what was the need to bring it to the Court.

This is sheer mockery of Justice by asking the weaker party to GO and get your issue resolve with the bully :tdown:

sorry to say once i believe in Indian judiciary but i am feeling iw as wrong

These footages are banned for a short time..only for few weeks or months because court verdict is coming and naturaly one side will be disappoited and there emotions will be at high.Showing those footages can be like add fuel to the fire..
and for arguement like why not call police and army -well every thing is at place but is it necessary to invite trouble and then use the force to curb it..leaving people injured and dead..
we do what is necessary to prevent violance even if it occures we use force to curbe it.
and about media freedom - freedom is not absolute freedom..there is always limits and responsibllities.in india media is independent they are free to criticise every thing including govt,army,etc too..but when it comes to national security,social and communal harmony, and special situations like that media freedom can be and should be restricted.

Last edited:
It shows your Indian court is afraid of making decisions based on justice thats why your judge want it settle down out of court.

very sad if Muslims could have got justice from majority Hindu fanatic groups then what was the need to bring it to the Court.

This is sheer mockery of Justice by asking the weaker party to GO and get your issue resolve with the bully :tdown:

yes lets revolt against this government and put another one. :tup:

If Hindu majority nation had to build the temple by force, they wouldnt have waited for 60 long years for the decision of the Indian court, after hearing both the parties for so long..this itself speaks about how the weak is treated....and about trust on Indian judiciary..as long as the Muslims in India have the trust on India judiciary...we dont care who trusts it and who doesnt.

Back
Top Bottom