What's new

Indian Media to be banned from showing file footage of Babri Mosque demolition

ha ha what truth ..

I think u are mistaken.. everybody knows about the incident and everyone has seen it..

The truth... hilarious..

I am happy that you guys started talk about the "freedom of media"..finally.

so if everyone in India knows that Hindu militants killed Muslims and destroyed Babri Mosque than why are you afraid to show it again ???

Benny come again you have lost it here

Media likely to be banned from showing file footage of Babri Mosque demolition

MUMBAI: Maharashtra government will write to the Centre for a ban on telecast of file footage and pictures of demolition of Babri Masjid as a part of security measures ahead of the verdict scheduled on September 24.

"We are writing to the Centre to ban the file footage and pictures of demolition of the masjid. The issue is very sensitive and the Government would take all possible measures to avoid any untoward incident," a Home Department official today said.

The state Government is also taking strict actions against spreading rumours, provoking SMSs and e-mails which are already being forwarded about the verdict or commenting on the religion, the official said.

The Home Department has organised series of meetings with police tomorrow to review the law and order situation across the state.

Chief Minister Ashok Chavan has convened a meeting with editors of all the media houses, religious and political leaders to help maintaining peace after the verdict, he said.

"The actual preparation would start after Ganesh immersion on September 22. The city and some sensitive parts in the state are put on high alert after the Delhi firing yesterday," the official said.

Read more: Media likely to be banned from showing file footage of Babri - The Times of India Media likely to be banned from showing file footage of Babri - The Times of India

Read more: Media likely to be banned from showing file footage of Babri - The Times of India Media likely to be banned from showing file footage of Babri - The Times of India
I really hate this sort of stuff.

I have posted my comments. Your country has a huge security appreciates use it. Why to shy away from controlling a majority mob??

So for how long you will hold on to the footage from showing it ??

Your Indian channels will NOT show it but then You will BAN all International Channels from showing it as well.

Tell me is it a wise step??

We had created a storm on banning social networking and our govt bowed down.

So for how long and how many medias you will ban ??

Security people are good if it happens in urban areas.. a country or infact any country cant give foolproof protection against a violence like that.

How can Indian government ban a foreign channel operating outside the country??

Are u alright???:what:

It is appropriate to ban the footage when the court verdict is expected soon and possiblity of a communal violance is at high.

Normally I do not support curb on Media, but in sensitive situations like these, it is prudent, if not necessary for such a ban to be enforced.

All those singing about freedom of media sitting in the comfort of their houses do not have to face riots caused by communal tension. Saving peoples lives and ensuring law and order to me is much more important than media's freedom.

I would support any measure taken by the government to ensure order, to ensure that riots are prevented and to ensure that no innocent life is lost. Heck I would even support if the government impose a short curfew if it helps controlling the situation.

Friends I think this is an international forum and not a chat-room....please stop taking cheap shots at each other......

Last edited:
so if everyone in India knows that Hindu militants killed Muslims and destroyed Babri Mosque than why are you afraid to show it again ???

Benny come again you have lost it here

Nope everybody knows a few people from an organisation destroyed bari masjid..

They are not ur day today militant who carries AK-47s and blows himself.

We are afraid to show it again because we value human life and any incident or stimulus which can cause it are prevented.

Yaa i lost it.. i should have talked yes never ban it, show footages repeatedly in channels and publisise it big. make people angry , make them go to streets and kill other people .
:hang2:

Dude, a footage like that at a particular point of time becomes very relavant and we are not talking about the educated lot. we are still in early developing stages and few elements are there who can be turned into demons in a nick of time ..

whats the fear dude ?? riots ?? if that has to take place, it will take place inspite of banning these videos...indian Govt should have banned these videos much earlier,they should have cared about the sentiments of muslims while India media was airing those videos after the incident.if these videos have the potential to create an uproar among a particular community, then the masterminds of the planning and organising these riots have already got hese videos and pictures present with them to use it.

I want to add that this decision is valid on practical grounds.......tough fails on ethical grounds.......ur argument depends on which side u are......:pop:

T

As far as stopping the act, GOI was not aware of a plan to destroy Babri Masjid.....Hence an adhoc reaction to the same cannot be expected....It was a shameful act nevertheless...

:blink:

Peshwa please watch and tell me how many people do you see in this video ??

They were in thousands. So thousands and thousand of people moving to babri mosque and your govt did not know it??

[video=metacafe;1052098/babri_mosque_demolishing_by_hindu_rss_pjp_people_i]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1052098/babri_mosque_demolishing_by_hindu_rss_pjp_people_i n_india/[/video]

Vajpayee provoking Hindus prior Babri demolition - 1

The court can be considered the only impartial body.....

Settlement out of court can be influenced by several factors.....

The judge maybe alluding to settle out of court to reach a swift and "unadvertised" result....

However I am very glad that only the court can make an impartial decision on the fate of the land in Ayodhya....

Still one out of 3 Indian Judges says he is in favour of settling it out of court.

i dont see good signs for justice here

Last edited by a moderator:
open ur eyes........the same people were crying foul, when a person in US threatened that he will burn the quran, which is under his democratic right as per the constitution of US. but every people (including US gov.) opposed that it will create havoc all round the world. now, tell me seriously, who is violating whose rights ?? who is hypocrite ?? Government has to take precautionary actions in times of unprecedented events. few people donot have even peanut size brains to understand simple things. protection of people and do not provide bonanza to terrorist outfits are the top priority of GoI

whats the fear dude ?? riots ?? if that has to take place, it will take place inspite of banning these videos...indian Govt should have banned these videos much earlier,they should have cared about the sentiments of muslims while India media was airing those videos afterthe incident.if these videos have the potential to create an uproar among a particular community, then the masterminds of the planning and organising these riots have already videos present with them to use it.

Incidents dont happen like that. It happens during a major change in sensitive issues. A responsible democracy has to fear the lives of its citizens and take the decisions based on that.

Indian government hasnt barred channels from showing it yet. It was a request from maharashtra state which is prone to incidents because of the big city mumbai factor.

so its a wise decision as part of its CM

if indian govt. determines that this move will quell mob violence and new genocides, then by all means do it

but it would be criminal then to say that india is a mature democracy if there is so much insecurity and complexes existing that would make it necessary to curb (ban) media from covering certain (very important) events

if i were indian, i'd be quite dismayed over these media bans.....they sure do not show signs of ''progress''

Few people are too good digging graves......no sensible discussion can come out if u have buried ur head in hatred of past...........:tdown:

i leave this topic

6th Dec. 1992 Exclusive_ Babri Masjid demolition.flv

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom