What's new

Indian Media to be banned from showing file footage of Babri Mosque demolition

well indians do not have any problems why jana ji has problem?? if you talk about civilized world, just dare to give me the names of them, then i will show you the reality.

Here its different .. communal harmony is bigger than the so called media freedom. because people matters most not channel ratings.:tup:

Poor argument....both are important....govt. formulates policies in the interest of country...so it is to be seen if media accepts the policy and choose to remain silent otherwise they can always register a protest.....

freedom comes with responsibilities.......remember word swatantra (means havin ur own system) in hindi in place of word freedom....freedom may be taken as a token for irresponsible behaviour......by irresposible persons and more dangerously religious fanatics

@ Jana .. you do know that showing a footage of the incident create violence especially in a country like India.

what is is ur suggestion ?/

show the footage after the court verdict so that few people go to street and create chaos??/

I am not against banning media or ban on media access on matters that can cause disputes or chaos, but banning this particular sight or video now, is of no use, as we have been seeing this video ad pictures for more than a decade now.

@ Jana .. you do know that showing a footage of the incident create violence especially in a country like India.

Similar excuses can be made for all state censorship, if it's acceptable in India why is it not acceptable abroad?

GOI should get over this fetish of banning anything which is not politically correct or 'hurting' sentiments of certain people/community. Media is supposed to an impersonal job, law and order is not their realm.

That makes sense.......but in a country like India which is a constant target of religious terrorist from both inside and outside......I think if media keeps silence for a few days....it wont be a very bad idea.....but yeah I am also against govt. imposing on them...it should have been deliberate on their part......though I think media has been very responsible for this issue......

Tell me truly, why are u insisting on media curbs for a few days as requested by a state government to be lifted this strongly.

It only shows that your Govt is failed to provide protection to its people and trying to get it at expense of TRUTH.

India is huge country with huge army and huge law enforcement agencies. call army if your police is pathetic for maintaining law and order

I didnt see when your expert comments when google , facebook etc was banned in ur country.

Then surely you missed some posts. on the other hand these are social networking sites NOT media and India had also put some restrictions on the pretext of Security ;) so dont jump to conclusion.

Why is that? You only open ur mouth when something happens to media in this country only or what?

:what: we are not sissy :) so we protest against media curbs here and its been going on since Martial in 80s.

Our Media has a glorious past of struggle against tyrant rulers unlike yours

:) I DONT know about Indian media but we here do NOT like restrictions so we stand up for the truth.

ha! you being the so called Journalist with ethics was the one trolling all over Hinduism on a Ban called for showing Hanuman cartoons. Where was the freedom? After all you are deeply connected with media(or claim to be).. where were you ethics when you disregarded the minorities in your state with disdain, to the point of degrading another religion???

I am not against banning media or ban on media access on matters that can cause disputes or chaos, but banning this particular sight or video now, is of no use, as we have been seeing this video ad pictures for more than a decade now.

Dude, a footage like that at a particular point of time becomes very relavant and we are not talking about the educated lot. we are still in early developing stages and few elements are there who can be turned into demons in a nick of time ..

guys, type fast. i am waiting, when we reach kashmir

too late, junior

Troops thrash media-persons in Srinagar | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

In occupied Kashmir, Indian police and paramilitary CRPF personnel continue to harass and intimidate scribes showing no regard even to the curfew passes issued by the authorities.

According to KMS, Even as local newspapers resumed publication on Saturday after weeklong suspension due to curfew and other restrictions, the CRPF troops stopped the cab of daily Greater Kashmir and Kashmir Uzma carrying the editorial and technical staff on Saturday evening at several places.

At Kaka Sarai, a joint party of the CRPF and police abused and beat Naseem, a staff member of Kashmir Uzma. He was admitted in Bones and Joint Hospital at Barzulla in Srinagar.

"When we showed our curfew passes to the CRPF men, they refused to allow us to proceed saying that anybody can have such passes and that they were only meant for the day while there are separate passes meant for movement during night," one of the staffers said.

It only shows that your Govt is failed to provide protection to its people and trying to get it at expense of TRUTH.

ha ha what truth ..

I think u are mistaken.. everybody knows about the incident and everyone has seen it..

The truth... hilarious.. :lol:

I am happy that you guys started talk about the "freedom of media"..finally.

Oops the guy with the "kashmir " is back.. im off from here.. no further talks/debates.

what is is ur suggestion ?/

show the footage after the court verdict so that few people go to street and create chaos??/

I have posted my comments. Your country has a huge security appreciates use it. Why to shy away from controlling a majority mob??

So for how long you will hold on to the footage from showing it ??

Your Indian channels will NOT show it but then You will BAN all International Channels from showing it as well.

Tell me is it a wise step??

We had created a storm on banning social networking and our govt bowed down.

So for how long and how many medias you will ban ??

Wasnt it when thousands of radical Hindus climbed and destroyed it whereas Your Govt did nothing at that time to stop them.

This does not answer the question....

How does this in anyways support your statement that "Indian media is owned by Hindus"...and hence supports a Hindu POV?

As far as stopping the act, GOI was not aware of a plan to destroy Babri Masjid.....Hence an adhoc reaction to the same cannot be expected....It was a shameful act nevertheless...
Compare the Babri Masjid situation to a rally to incite Jihad in Kashmir by Hafiz Saeed...which has implications beyond your boundaries......why arent these planned events curbed by GOP?

Its the same thing being orange and being on side of majority Hindu groups whats the difference ??

And Peshwa one more thing one of Your judges are also afraid that he is favouring settling the issue OUT OF COURT by two parties NOW tell me if it could have been solved by them what was the need to bring it to the Court ??

And how can a weak party that is Muslims get a fair deal in an OUT OF COURT settlement ??

The court can be considered the only impartial body.....

Settlement out of court can be influenced by several factors.....

The judge maybe alluding to settle out of court to reach a swift and "unadvertised" result....

However I am very glad that only the court can make an impartial decision on the fate of the land in Ayodhya....

Back
Top Bottom