Indian made weapons recovered from Swat militants

Spring Onion

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Indian-made arms seized

Source: OUR STAFF REPORTER submitted 12 hours 29 minutes ago

PESHAWAR - The country’s security agencies have submitted a report to both central and provincial governments in which they revealed that majority of weapons being used in the terrorist activities in parts of NWFP are of Indian-made, TheNation has learnt reliably on Tuesday.

The revelation came in fore at the time when President Pervez Musharraf, few days back during his visit to Balochistan, also accused India of helping terrorists in the province.

Security forces have recovered Indian-made arms from the possession of miscreants in the restive Swat district. These weapons are similar in structure with weapons being used for the security of Indian Embassy in Kabul. It is also said that explosive packed car recovered by security forces in Charsada was allegedly having an Indian label. These latest developments confirmed that weapons come to Pakistan from India through Afghanistan.

Meanwhile, a person was killed and 11 others sustained critical injuries on Tuesday amidst the security forces continuous firing on the hideouts of the militants with gunship helicopter in Tehsil Kabal and Tehisl Matta.

During the daylong curfew from 6:00am to 7:00pm, the security forces targeted the position of militants in Fewchar, Numal, Gut Showar and Kabal area where one person identified as Sher Afzal was killed while 11 others sustained serious injuries. All the injured persons were rushed to Saidu Sharif hospital.

Moreover, Taliban spokesman Haji Mulsim Khan contradicted the killing of their 94 colleagues and confirmed that only 10 of their colleagues were killed so far and eight others were injured during the last five days of operation. He claimed that they had destroyed two official vehicles in Sijband area of Matta Tehsil.

Taliban also threatened that they would attack Ghaligi police station, where heavy contingent of police and FC had already been deployed.

Meanwhile, two persons were killed and five houses collapsed as a result of heavy rain and thunderstorm in Rori Negar and Pashtoni area of Thesil Matta.

Those killed were identified as Ajab Khan and Jamhir Khan, residents of Pashtoni. Besides this the heavy rain severely damaged standing crops and dozens of cattle of the area dwellers.

Online adds: Unidentified militants have fired five rockets at Army Colony and three at a nearby airport in South Waziristan on Tuesday.
According to details, five rockets were fired at the Zeri Noor Army Colony in Wana, the capital city of South Waziristan.

Two rockets fell inside the Colony premises hitting the power transformer as a result of which the power of the whole area got suspended. The other three rockets fell in a ground near the Colony.

Another three rockets were fired at the airport, situated near the Army Colony.

All the three rockets blasted near the airport building without causing any harm to human life.

Security Forces held a ‘pay back’ action against unidentified militants that was started at 5:00am with both heavy and light arms.

Indian-made arms seized | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

This was expected.

Lets see if these weapons are shown/given to the "others" so that they can understand whats actually happening.

This is a great move in exposing india's intention as regards to Pakistan.

wow what a thing

These weapons are similar in structure with weapons being used for the security of Indian Embassy in Kabul.

What does the security people use in securing the embassy guns right. Then what is there in "structure" of guns?

I'm shocked....and finding it rather hard to believe this. What could India possibly gain by arming its mortal enemies.

The most likely explanation I can see is a tit-for-tat reaction by Pakistan to counter the accusations against its own agency.

I'm shocked....and finding it rather hard to believe this. What could India possibly gain by arming its mortal enemies.

The most likely explanation I can see is a tit-for-tat reaction by Pakistan to counter the accusations against its own agency.

Its not and i can tell you this with conviction that weapons were recovered yesterday from Swat which are Indian made. Rest its now no secret that India with help of Karzai government and US is funeling weapons to terrorists in FATA.

I think Mr flint its what that you are saying ia a "tit for tat" reaction.

As usual you all are going to whine around, come up with some thing solid so that we may be convinced that the report was wrong or mistaken.

Otherwise dont worry Jana will take care of you all.

Its not and i can tell you this with conviction that weapons were recovered yesterday from Swat which are Indian made. Rest its now no secret that India with help of Karzai government and US is funeling weapons to terrorists in FATA.

I won't be buying any of that till I see the photograph of a militant holding a weapon saying "Made in India", with time and date stamp as well as the confirmation by some credible news agency.

No offence Jana, but I have little faith in the authenticity of your posts.

Can anyone tell us what type of weapon it was, and what makes them so sure that these weapons are manufactured in India. AFAIK, militants tend to use AK47s which are sourced locally or from former USSR countries and China.

India hardly needs to source weapons from India to get the job done...they can simply relay weapons from Chinese or Ukranian factories.

Last edited:

What did India get by arming Mukti Bahini?

This is the most simple answer.

I think Mr flint its what that you are saying ia a "tit for tat" reaction.

As usual you all are going to whine around, come up with some thing solid so that we may be convinced that the report was wrong or mistaken.

Otherwise dont worry Jana will take care of you all.

Sorry to disappoint you enigma, but that is not my attitude. I don't consider it my sole responsibility to counter every news report that speaks negatively of India.

I am simply a student reading a news article.....probably same as you.

Yes, I can see that Jana is "taking good care" of us. :disagree:

wow what a thing

What does the security people use in securing the embassy guns right. Then what is there in "structure" of guns?

I think you are nit picking. You may contest the way information has been provided, but you cant contradict Indian weapons when they are visible. When claims like these are made there is tangible, reproducable evidence to back it up. I think Pakistani defence authorities are providing that evidence to you.
International politics is a messy game where you use your worst enemies to do your dirty deeds and then dorp them like unwanted clothes into the hands of your enemies. Two birds with a stone is akin to the situation. So wait and see whatthe Indians do.
Regards
Araz

I won't be buying any of that till I see the photograph of a militant holding a weapon saying "Made in India", with time and date stamp as well as the confirmation by some credible news agency.

No offence Jana, but I have little faith in the authenticity of your posts.

Can anyone tell us what type of weapon it was, and what makes them so sure that these weapons are manufactured in India. AFAIK, militants tend to use AK47s which are sourced locally or from former USSR countries and China.

Hmmm, sir here you are undermining you intelligence agency. Do you think the RAW is going to give weapons with the "made in india" tag to the militants.??

How naive...

Now you may also be expecting that probably the registration and log book numbers of these weapons would also be visible on them.

Well, if that'll be the case, my hats off to the RAW!

Hmmm, sir here you are undermining you intelligence agency. Do you think the RAW is going to give weapons with the "made in india" tag to the militants.??

How naive...

Now you may also be expecting that probably the registration and log book numbers of these weapons would also be visible on them.

Well, if that'll be the case, my hats off to the RAW!

So how else do these agencies determine who made the weapons? Were they smelling of cowdung?

Good work indeed by Intelligence agencies now its time to launch a powerful compaign to pressurize India and particularly US to do more to stop this arms support to militants by India.

Back
Top Bottom