What's new

Indian IT firms employ over 1 lakh in US: Report

Do you not get 100,000 are US workers- that is not H1B or visa workers! The claim is not they hire 100,000 people in the US, it is ( read it lol) 100,000 US workers

Uh, actually it specifically says "workforce in the US". Over and over, they are very careful not to make any statement about their workers' visa status, but the H1-B visa numbers tell the story. Where do you suppose those 80% of H1-Bs brought in by Indian companies go? Add the fraudulent B1s, L1s, etc.

There is so much of fraud that they increased the number of visas allowed for Indians

Gotta compensate for the fraud!

You can keep repeating your nonsense, if you want to stick to your beliefs in the face of evidence, it's your choice.

It will be quite obvious to a 'readers' from anywhere where the evidence points to. Your hearsay versus law and statistics from US govt.

So yes, most readers can decipher your intent of posting to suit your agenda than facts.

I already posted one link where an Indian company was caught for underpaying its employees. I must admit I myself didn't believe how they could beat the system but, once it was explained to me how it's done, it was "duh!, of course!".

You can chose not to believe or, better still, ask around a few people who run businesses. I won't post it here.

I think I have to agree to Developereo here - There is a U.S dept of labor defined minimum wage, then there is a range which a certain job title commands in the market - normally labor defined minimum wage would be at the lower end of that range - Indian companies tend to offer the salaries at the lower end of that range while U.S companies - for that matter even consulting companies offer salaries at the higher end. That is what have made the Indian companies competitive here in U.S. So I don't think any of the US citizens would want to work for an Indian consulting company and I have not seen even for that matter any of my Indian friends who are citizens work for these companies.

Uh, actually it specifically says "workforce in the US". Over and over, they are very careful not to make any statement about their workers' visa status, but the H1-B visa numbers tell the story. Where do you suppose those 80% of H1-Bs brought in by Indian companies go? Add the fraudulent B1s, L1s, etc.

Gotta compensate for the fraud!

Think Tank eh? Think tank says 100,000 US workers I quoted is whatever ( verbatim quote I gave). his great think tank deduction is Indian H1b all go to work for Indian companies. AT&T and Verizon itself hire thousands in Atlanta here. But you think they all go to work for Indian companies.

Your last sentence showed us your true intention - as I have called it here. worse it shows your true intellect. To compensate for fraud the US govt rewards Indians but giving it more visas. Think tank eh:)

I know it is frustrating to see Indians doing so well. but that is not Indians fault that you get so desperate that you further make yourself seen in a bad light. heh think tank...

I saw the flags. L A could be some province in China. Your anti American posts here were also a throw off. but you are Chinese , so no surprise there.

I have NEVER posted anything anti-American. I only post things by the US media when discussing the US. You think that everyone that isn't a flagwaving beerbelly redneck shouting "USA USA USA" is "against you".

I think I have to agree to Developereo here - There is a U.S dept of labor defined minimum wage, then there is a range which a certain job title commands in the market - normally labor defined minimum wage would be at the lower end of that range - Indian companies tend to offer the salaries at the lower end of that range while U.S companies - for that matter even consulting companies offer salaries at the higher end. That is what have made the Indian companies competitive here in U.S. So I don't think any of the US citizens would want to work for an Indian consulting company and I have not seen even for that matter any of my Indian friends who are citizens work for these companies.

It is not about salary ranges, he says mostly fraudulent companies that hire 90% Indians from India. which if you know about the H1b process it is not that easy. you have to show why you can't hire an American worker. You are new , you don't know him well. he comes into every Indian accomplishment to say it is a fraud.

Look even here he says the fact Indians get more H1B visas is because US wants to compensate for the fraud. yes- that level of absurdity.

I have to agree most American citizens especially Uni grads want to work for American companies which offer higher salary and generous benefits and that is true for any career or line of work. As for the Indian IT company they only hold the prestige of having an office(s) in the US. Now it's hard to convince many Indians of that but it would be more beneficial for this IT company to simply operating in India.

Someone said this brings in 100,000 people paying income tax to the US (as the primary benefactor), mate believe me, that is absolutely a drop in the sea. Only companies that many American Uni grads or highly skilled laborers may work for are Western European companies, from Germany, UK, France, and others.

I have NEVER posted anything anti-American. I only post things by the US media when discussing the US. You think that everyone that isn't a flagwaving beerbelly redneck shouting "USA USA USA" is "against you".

Mate ignore him, he hasn't woke up from his delusion. Shhh he thinks he's a real American, when he is actually an Indian. Haven't you noticed how hard he tries to be American? Insecurity. You don't see any of us actual US members constantly bringing up "my country" "my USA", "our democracy" lol. He's a sad chap probably only has a green card.

I have to agree most American citizens especially Uni grads want to work for American companies which offer higher salary and generous benefits and that is true for any career or line of work. As for the Indian IT company they only hold the prestige of having an office(s) in the US. Now it's hard to convince many Indians of that but it would be more beneficial for this IT company to simply operating in India.

Someone said this brings in 100,000 people paying income tax to the US (as the primary benefactor), mate believe me, that is absolutely a drop in the sea. Only companies that many American Uni grads or highly skilled laborers may work for are Western European companies, from Germany, UK, France, and others.

100,000 is a drop in the bucket , but it is 100,000 more than yours. It is a 100,000 that would not be there had Indian companies not been around. 80% of visas go to India . 80% - that tells you the overwhelmingly level of respect they command in the US. Don't be a hater :D because Indians get the love from amerika! Don't worry I'm sure they will offer you a pity hire. and oh! you must show respect to the indian owners, you can't be screaming your typical anti-indian hate speech you do here. I've seen your posts .

This doesn't really benefit the American labor market, the threads title is misleading saying the Indian IT company is employing in the US (which makes it sound like its actually employing from the American labor market) which really isn't the case. Considering vast majority of the employees will be those from their country of origin Hindustan.

This threads pretty pointless, it's misleading to begin with and it's a sad attempt to boost ones ego.

Think Tank eh? Think tank says 100,000 US workers I quoted is whatever ( verbatim quote I gave).

Where is this famed verbatim quote of yours?

his great think tank deduction is Indian H1b all go to work for Indian companies. AT&T and Verizon itself hire thousands in Atlanta here. But you think they all go to work for Indian companies.

It's not my "deduction". It is a statement by the US gov. that 80% of H1-B go to a handful of Indian companies.

High Rate of H-1B Visa Fraud - BusinessWeek

Indian outsourcers such as Infosys (INFY), Wipro (WIT), and Tata (TCS.NS) accounted for nearly 80% of the visa petitions approved last year for the top 10 participants in the program.

There is also evidence that workers on H-1B visas are being mistreated. In a pending case (BusinessWeek, 1/31/08), H-1B workers employed by Patni Computer Systems (PTI) allege they were underpaid.

For your information, most of the big companies hire very few H1-B directly. They usually subcontract the projects, usually to the Indian IT companies, who then go on do the staffing. This is where the 80% of H1-B for Indian companies comes in.

Indian IT firms employ over 1 lakh in US: Report

NEW DELHI: India's $100-billion IT-BPO industry contributed over $15 billion towards the US treasury in the last five years, and about two lakh jobs to the US economy, said a report released by Nasscom in Washington DC on Thursday.

Nasscom's report titled 'India's Tech Industry in the US' comes at a time when a looming election year has stagnated outsourcing decisions for US companies, which contribute about 65% to India's tech sector. It has made Nasscom lower the growth projection to 11% for the Indian IT-BPO exports this year.

The report states that the direct workforce employed in the US by the Indian IT sector has almost doubled in the last five years to over 100,000. Nasscom said that even in a weak economic environment, Indian IT companies have robust local hiring plans.

Aegis plans to add about 4,000 jobs in next two years, while HCL Technologies plans to hire about 1,000 people in US in next 18 months. TCS also plans to hire more than 1200 people. Releasing the report, Nirupama Rao, Ambassador of India to the US said that the trade engagement between India and the United States has been a long-standing relationship.
[...]
WASHINGTON, March 22, 2012 -- /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- India-based technology companies have doubled to 280,000 the number of people they directly and indirectly employ in their U.S. operations in the last five years, according to a new study by the National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM).

Note that many "local" hires are also H1-Bs who simply switch employers. The proof? Once again, the visa numbers tell the story. Where do you suppose those 80% of H1-B brought in by Indian outsourcers go to work?

It is not about salary ranges, he says mostly fraudulent companies that hire 90% Indians from India. which if you know about the H1b process it is not that easy. you have to show why you can't hire an American worker. You are new , you don't know him well. he comes into every Indian accomplishment to say it is a fraud.

Look even here he says the fact Indians get more H1B visas is because US wants to compensate for the fraud. yes- that level of absurdity.

Mate - I have watched various members post here and I know where everyone stands. I do not concur to every point he has made. I agree to the low salary wages point as personally it is an abomination for me as it is a direct assault on the American lifestyle which most of us covet for and the reason we want to live here.

This doesn't really benefit the American labor market, the threads title is misleading saying the Indian IT company is employing in the US (which makes it sound like its actually employing from the American labor market) which really isn't the case. Considering vast majority of the employees will be those from their country of origin Hindustan.

This threads pretty pointless, it's misleading to begin with and it's a sad attempt to boost ones ego.

100,000 US workers hired and Amerika rewards India with 80% of visas. :) You should call up your senator's office and demand they reduce it

Mate - I have watched various members post here and I know where everyone stands. I do not concur to every point he has made. I agree to the low salary wages point as personally it is an abomination for me as it is a direct assault on the American lifestyle which most of us covet for and the reason we want to live here.

to stay within recommended ranges is an assault? that's bit of stretch . One does not have to take the offer. I won't disagree they low ball ya but it's still within the range. I'll tell ya , this my own experience, so take it with a grain of salt- Indians tend to be terrible salary negotiators.

Workers on work permits are often "abused" by their employers. This has nothing to do with India. Russian, Filipino and other companies do the same. Most H1-B I spoke with admitted that they would much rather work for someone else, but they are stuck until they get their green card.

Where is this famed verbatim quote of yours?

It's not my "deduction". It is a statement by the US gov. that 80% of H1-B go to a handful of Indian companies.

For your information, most of the big companies hire very few H1-B directly. They usually subcontract the projects, usually to the Indian IT companies, who then go on do the staffing. This is where the 80% of H1-B for Indian companies comes in.

Note that many "local" hires are also H1-Bs who simply switch employers. The proof? Once again, the visa numbers tell the story. Where do you suppose those 80% of H1-B brought in by Indian outsourcers go to work?

firstly where do you even get that hired in the US- is proof positive that it is not US workers?

secondly " Nasscom said that even in a weak economic environment, Indian IT companies have robust local hiring plans.". Local equals people from India?

Lastly,you showed us your desperation when you said the US rewarding India with 80% of the share was because of indian fraud. :rofl:

Think tank eh? but in a way I don't blame you. I would be frustrated too in your position. I would not wish upon my worst enemy the kind of prejudice directed at you guys. well unless- they think you are indian.

Back
Top Bottom